Getting Groceries Into My Resort

mrsangeli

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We're heading to WDW in August, and will be staying one night (room only) in the campground, then the rest of the stay in a family suite at ASM.

Since the family suite has a kitchenette (and we have the dining plan for the other two meals per day), we want to do our breakfasts in the room each day. My question is, how do we get the food there without breaking the bank? We are flying in and using Magical Connectionny Thingie, so we aren't planning on having a rental car.

I'd like to be able to get to the grocery store and pay some reasonable prices for milk and cereal and some bottles of soda and water, but I don't know how you can get out of the parks without spending a boatload of money for a car.

One thought: I was going to buy a lot of the non-spoiling food (cereal, plastic bowls, pop tarts) and actually ship them a week or two in advance to my room. That way, when we get there, the food is there and we only have to spring for milk, beer, butter, etc...

Any ideas? Do folks ever connect and do a "grocery store run" together?

Thanks in advance!

I recommend gardengrocer.com. They will bring it right to you for a delivery fee of about $12. I have used them 3 times and they are great. You can order breakfast items,snacks, soda, juice and cases of water. If you want something not on their list, just add it in the comment section. They will also bring alcohol,too.

I recommend gardengrocer.com. They will bring it right to you for a delivery fee of about $12. I have used them 3 times and they are great. You can order breakfast items,snacks, soda, juice and cases of water. If you want something not on their list, just add it in the comment section. They will also bring alcohol,too.

can you place the order before you leave on vacation - how does that work?

Yes, just go to their website, register and begin adding things to your cart. You can save it and come back later to add more. When you're done, you checkout and pay online or you can call them with your credit card info. They will ask you a delivery date and a 2 hour window of time to deliver but if you are not there, they will simply leave your stuff at guest services and when you get back from the parks, call luggage to bring it to you. They even keep your cold stuff cold, so no worries. I think if you do get alcohol that you need to be there, but I'm not sure on that since I never order that.

They will ask you a delivery date and a 2 hour window of time to deliver but if you are not there, they will simply leave your stuff at guest services and when you get back from the parks, call luggage to bring it to you. They even keep your cold stuff cold, so no worries.

Will Disney charge you an extra fee for delivering it to your room? Or do you tip someone? We are arriving very late at night, but would like milk for breakfast the next morning. Could we have our groceries delivered before we even check in?

We just did this two weeks ago and we arrived so late at night that we totally forgot about our grocery delivery. We called in the morning when we remembered that we wanted our food. The bell services delivered it to our room in about 3 minutes. I was amazed at how fast they were. (This was at ASMU). We just had to give them a tip.

I always take cereal and pop tarts, oatmeal and then buy milk at the food court/giftshop. It is a little bit more than a grocery, but it is cheaper than the hassle of going offsite to get it. We don't drink beer so I have no clue as to price differences and such. For us...having the dining plan just those 2 meals(lots of food) a day feels us up and most of the time we don't want breakfast. We normally eat our lunch around 11:30 am and then our dinners around 5:30pm and don't forget the snack per day as well.

We are planning our trip for aug 09. We are planning on getting the dining plan but sometimes with kids they want more snacks than what is alotted so we were talking about doing the grocery thing. I am glad I came to this site. I was questioning whether the dining plan was really worth the extra money or not but with the price of groceries at this time I think the dining plan may be our best bet and just take or buy a few extras. Now another big decision is whether to fly or drive. We live in Kansas so it will take some time to drive so we would have to add atleast 2 extra days to our vacation because you can take away from the big cheese.

We have used wegoshop.com (Marge-is the contact for WDW) She is great. Everything we have received is just as we wanted. We have always picked a delivery time that we knew we would be in the room. We have always had adult beverages delivered as well. Great service.

Will Disney charge you an extra fee for delivering it to your room? Or do you tip someone? We are arriving very late at night, but would like milk for breakfast the next morning. Could we have our groceries delivered before we even check in?

Disney is used to gardengrocer orders and will keep any perishables cold if you are unavailable at the time of delivery. And it is fine to schedule your delivery before you arrive as long as it's the same day.

You can add in the tip to your final total on the website.

Be sure to order as far out as possible as they have limited amounts of delivery times each day and they can fill up fast, especially during free dining. You can always add last minute things before you leave by calling them.

I just had to chime in.... Not really a helpful answer but I read your title and all I could picture was someone sneaking around corner of the Pop Century with grocery bags and the kids in tow sneaking the food in .... sorry...... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Okay you can all go back to your thread, and I to the loony bin:lmao:.

AKADrea said:
can you place the order before you leave on vacation - how does that work?
Visit either website - www.wegoshop.com or www.gardengrocer.com (also www.goodings.com) for information, rates, prices, ordering instructions/information...

shelley36 said:
Will Disney charge you an extra fee for delivering it to your room? Or do you tip someone?
Well, you can tip the delivery person - either in person if they deliver directly to you, or as part of your advance payment. If, on the other hand, you're NOT in your room - or even at the resort yet - when the order arrives and Bell Services delivers it, it's customary to tip that person as well.

I just had to chime in.... Not really a helpful answer but I read your title and all I could picture was someone sneaking around corner of the Pop Century with grocery bags and the kids in tow sneaking the food in .... sorry...... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Okay you can all go back to your thread, and I to the loony bin:lmao:.

No need to sneak. I've walked in there with grocery bags, no problem.

Now the funniest one I saw was a guy shouldering two beer 12 packs in the GF lobby!

Now the funniest one I saw was a guy shouldering two beer 12 packs in the GF lobby!

I saw a similar thing heading into the Movies but the guy had loaded up the stroller with 1/2 cases of adult beverages! I of course lean in to admire the cute baby - we both got a good chuckle out of it. I should have asked him his room number!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter