• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

getting groceries at the resort?

casidy

Earning My Ears
I know almost all the resorts have a little store that we can purchase snacks like milk and sodas but does anyone know of a place that I can buy fresh fruit? or bread? We are not renting a car and do not want to pay a taxi to get to a grocery store because our fridge in the room will not hold a lot of food anyway.

I think some people on here have used netgrocer.com (I think that's the name). They deliver to your resort. Maybe someone can give you more info.:D

Most of the resorts have bread and fresh fruit avaiable for purchase.

Most of the resorts have a small store with sundries but they are limited and pricy. How are you getting to the resort from the airport? Depending on the number of people in your party you may consider hiring a town car insead of the Mears shuttle. For a small increase in price you can go directly to and from your resort (Mears will stop at several places) with a complimentary grocery stop. When traveling with myself and my two daughers I save enough by purchasing breakfast and lunch to warrent the extra expense of the town car. Not to mention getting to the resort much quicker than with mears even with the 1/2 hour stop! YMMV

Check out tiffany town cars and florida towcars as well as www.youride.net.

I have used TTC and You Ride with great success.

Tj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter