getting frustrated!!

Majekmoon14

GMRPrincess
I've been waiting for 6 months to book our fairytale wedding at the Pavillion Tues July 25, 2006 so yesterday (exactly 1 year!!) I got up and called as soon as they opened. But since I'd talked to one of the wedding coordinators a month ago (Heidi Pickert) they said they'd transfer me directly to her. Of course I got her voice message. So then I emailed her in addition to leaving her a message just reminding her to put in our request but no word. I called again today and they said she might have been out of the office but they'd leave her a message so she'd get back to me TODAY. Still no word.

I'm getting frustrated because I just want to make sure she didn't forget. I know she said it would be a few days before I found out if the date was available but what if she hasn't done it and in the meantime someone else has requested my day and time???? Grrr...I mean it sucks because they won't let me reserve it through anyone else since I already talked to her about it but she won't get back to me. I don't know what to do.Has anyone else had this problem? How long before they tell you if it's available?

I don't have any answers but hopefully someone on this board can give you the name number for her supervisor. I think you are entitled to know if she has recived your message and whether she is working on it or not. Good luck getting your date.

When I asked for my date, my coordinator checked in the computer and told me right then that it was available. She still had to put in the request to get 'official' word, and I got confirmation a week later. This took place just inside one year from my date. Chances are, it being a year out and on a Tuesday, you shouldn't have a problem securing your date, since there are numerous times and locations available each day. No one else could even reserve it until yesterday either. They could always check the time stamp on your email and see that you put it in first thing that day. But in all honesty, I would probably feel JUST as frustrated as you... it's like some bridal syndrome!!

Can't the sales manager do it for you? When we booked our wedding, I called and spoke to an SM, who set everything up, then our wedding coordinator was assigned a few weeks later. Just call and talk to anyone that you can to see if the date is available.

I still have the number of the SM I worked with. PM me if you'd like to try her. She was super helpful.

Good luck! :earsgirl:

I know it’s easier said than done, but try not to worry too much. I’ve heard great things about Heidi Pickert, so I think you’re in good hands. Disney does make the booking process a bit frustrating, but I think the most brides get the times they were hoping for.

I'm no where close to booking my wedding date, but I do call and email Heidi and she is great. She's very helpful and nice. When I would leave a voicemail or an email she would usually get back to me within 1-2 days. One of the times when I emailed her, my question was about using the points you earn on the Disney Visa Credit Card towards the wedding. She wrote to me and said that as of right now you can't, but in about a week or two they were actually going to meet and discuss that topic and she would write back to let me know they're decision. I never thought she would remember to write back to me with the amount of people she deals with, but she did. I'm sure everything will work out for you. :flower:

Heidi Pickert was my DD's EM almost 8 years ago (I can't believe she's still there - sometimes the turnover is very quick among EM's!!!!!!). She was always very sweet and very efficient in helping DD with her planning. Try to remember that when there is a wedding, the EM's are always out of the office to be present at their clients' ceremonies and receptions - when DD got married, the EM was there from before 10 a.m. until after 3 p.m. at both the wedding pavilion and the California Grill for the reception. So, if she happens to have one wedding a day, it can be hard for her to return calls and you might have to wait a few days. Don't worry, everything will work out fine!!!

Heidi is actually my sales coordinator & she truly is wonderful (and is was a Disney Bride too -- actually the first Pavillion wedding 10 years ago!)

I happen to know that she has been out of the office sick this week, but I believe that she is back in the office today (or atleast working from home) -- I just received an email from her.

Hope you hear from her soon!!

-h

Just to add on...Heidi was my sales manager. She was wonderful! My fiancee was a little weary of the whole Disney wedding idea at first, but Heidi completely impressed him and made him realize we were in good hands!

Also, as an FYI about booking dates....I actually got a call about four days after my exact one year mark from Heidi confirming I got my date/time/locations. Apparently it takes them a few days to get confirmation on the facility bookings. I wouldn't worry, Heidi is a great sales manager!

Gina
10/28/2005
Wedding Pavilion, Grand Floridian

I can only imagine your frustration..but even though it is hard TRY to have fun with it and relax a little ( easier said then done I know! :confused3 ) Good luck!

Tiggerific said:
I'm no where close to booking my wedding date, but I do call and email Heidi and she is great. She's very helpful and nice. When I would leave a voicemail or an email she would usually get back to me within 1-2 days. :flower:

I was thinking dec 2007/Jan 2008 but have not contacted anyone because it is 2 yrs out. I see you have 2008 as your date...and you mentioned you have been in contact w/ dis? I thought they would only speak to you 12 mos before?

pixie08 said:
I was thinking dec 2007/Jan 2008 but have not contacted anyone because it is 2 yrs out. I see you have 2008 as your date...and you mentioned you have been in contact w/ dis? I thought they would only speak to you 12 mos before?

I would love to know this as well. Our 20th anniversary VR would be in May 2008. I, of course, have questions and didn't think anyone would talk with me about that until a year out. ;)

Maybe some of you who have already been disney brides can answer some of my questions. I want to book a custom VR because I want an Epcot location, but I know for certain I will never make it to 20 guests. (My parents probably won't even come. :earseek: ) Is this a problem? I know I still have to meet the monetary minimums and room night minimums. I'm bringing my own officiant and they will stay at least 2 nights onsite.

Ok...now I'm rambling. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Heidi sounds wonderful, sounds like you shouldn't have to worry. (I'm sure you will, as would I until I heard from her) Best of luck!

FYI - I briefly met Heidi and she was great. Erin Fortiere was our CM/Coordinator and my wife credits Erin for making the day the best day of her life (note: she didn't credit her husband... she credited Erin).

So, if you get nervous about one CM, you can request another... no problem.

Tinkerbellz said:
I know I still have to meet the monetary minimums and room night minimums. I'm bringing my own officiant and they will stay at least 2 nights onsite.

Well, I'm not a "Disney Bride", but I am a Disney Groom and I can tell you that my questions were all answered on this... it comes down to cash and how much you want to expend. Thank goodness you've got some time to save!

I did not mean to rule out Disney Grooms. Please accept my humblest apologies. :rose: I offer you a blue (instead of yellow) rose for friendship.

You are so right FastPass. It is predominantly all about the mighty dollar. I have already begun my VR kitty!

Thanks again! :earboy2:

majekmoon14 I feel your pain! I am getting married the weekend before you! just recieved official word last week. I too called and did not get return phone calls right away. It was very frustrating. Did your consultant put you on the lottery calendar? Ours put us on a lottery calender a month before the year mark. Once the year mark came on the 15th, we called her to find out. Of course she wasn't certain at that point so we had to wait until the Wednesday after the one year mark. Make sense? I know it's confusing. so technically you should have heard today. I hope you get your date. Just keep calling them.

Good luck!

Tinkerbellz said:
I did not mean to rule out Disney Grooms. Please accept my humblest apologies. :rose: I offer you a blue (instead of yellow) rose for friendship.

No APOLOGIES!

But, let me know how it goes! My wife and I just took a date that we could live with... it worked out perfectly. We vacation every year on or around December 9th (Wedding Date), and it means we get to vacation in WDW during the most beautiful (and least busy) time of the year!

All because of our CM/rep, Erin.

Have fun planning! We did!

pixie08 said:
I can only imagine your frustration..but even though it is hard TRY to have fun with it and relax a little ( easier said then done I know! :confused3 ) Good luck!

I got engaged on Jan. 25 and I think on Jan. 26 I was on the disney wedding website hunting for a phone number to call. I knew nothing really about the wedding so I just figured I'd call for some general information. When I called they assigned me to Heidi and she did tell me that they can't book anything until 1 year in advance, but until that 1 year mark she would be happy to answer any questions that I think of along the way. I think during that 1st conservation I asked her about 20 questions...lol. And now whenever I think of another question I post in here on disboards and I also send her an email too. Even though it's still far away, they are still nice and treat you like your wedding is the next week. :flower:

I don't think I'll push the envelope just yet and call. I still have 2.75 years before my VR. It sounds like they will be glad to answer my questions when I finally feel like it's OKAY to call.

Tiggerific said:
I got engaged on Jan. 25 and I think on Jan. 26 I was on the disney wedding website hunting for a phone number to call. I knew nothing really about the wedding so I just figured I'd call for some general information. When I called they assigned me to Heidi and she did tell me that they can't book anything until 1 year in advance, but until that 1 year mark she would be happy to answer any questions that I think of along the way. I think during that 1st conservation I asked her about 20 questions...lol. And now whenever I think of another question I post in here on disboards and I also send her an email too. Even though it's still far away, they are still nice and treat you like your wedding is the next week. :flower:

Oh thanks tiggerific that is great to know that they are nice and will at least answer questions and what not! We are leaving for wdw in like 9 days so we are going to go and do our own site visits with pics of wp and some rooms at the GF as well as the beach club! I will post pics and stuff when i get back if anyone wants to see.

pixie08 said:
Oh thanks tiggerific that is great to know that they are nice and will at least answer questions and what not! We are leaving for wdw in like 9 days so we are going to go and do our own site visits with pics of wp and some rooms at the GF as well as the beach club! I will post pics and stuff when i get back if anyone wants to see.

I would love to see pictures. Please post some when you get back. I was thinking of doing the same thing when we go in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter