getting from POP to Ohana breakfast at Poly..time??

FosterA

DIS Veteran
Hello. My daughter and her boyfriend will be at Disney soon and have a character breakfast at Ohana one morning. I have no idea how to tell them to get there? Can someone help me out? I assume bus to maybe the TTC? Also, not sure how much time to allow. Or..should they just Uber? And how much might that be I wonder?
Thanks

Bus to MK and then monorail or boat to Poly... But that's time consuming, and it might not be feasible depending on when MK opens and the ADR time. An uber or cab might be a better option, but I don't know how much it will cost.

We go to Ohana Breakfast every year. The best solution is stay at Poly lol. Kidding aside the previous poster are correct that it depends on what time of the morning it is. I've never stayed at POP but when utilizing Disney buses to dining reservations that require a transfer from the parks the best way is to give yourself an hour and a half before a reservation to ensure you arrive on time. More often than not this is overkill and you'll arrive early. There's been at least two times we've barely made it in time with that 1.5 hour cushion so it could be necessary (one of those times we would have missed our reservation all together if not for a gracious and nosy transportation manager who overheard our dilemma when we were talking to ourselves and grabbed an employee van and drove us to our reservation).

Original Poster here:
So their breakfast is at 10:15 on a Thur morning. So it seems the best way to actually get there then is to bus to MK from POP and then boat or monorail over to the Poly? It looks like MK will open at 9 am that morning. If this is the case, maybe tell them to be getting on the bus at POP no later than 9 am maybe? My daughter is a bear in the morning and I'm sure she'll try to sleep as long as possible which is why I"m curious about Uber too. Not sure how that works around Disney though.

I would suggest they simply use uber or get a cab at Pop. With uber, they just need to have the uber app on their phone and they can request the car when they need it (I would suggest requesting it about 10 - 15 minutes before they want to be picked up and make sure they are in the lobby or front car pick-up area when they request so the driver knows the exact location. Requesting from your resort room can throw off the location). It will cost about $5-$10 to get to Poly.

Or, a valet CM at Pop can call a Mears cab for them. It will cost a little more, but cabs are always available at the resorts.

It will save them a TON of time if they uber or cab over.

I agree that a cab/uber would be much much faster. The cost of the cab though wont be as cheap as $10 from Pop. I took a cab from that area to my resort last year (Sports) and the year before (Pop) and it was over $20. I think around $22-$24 maybe? Although maybe uber is cheaper than a taxi? If that is the case, you might want to try uber. Anyway, here is a taxi fare finder to help price it out. CLICK HERE

To be honest, i'd save the money and take the bus to mk, then monorail or boat over. The boat ride is so nice. And yes, i'd tell her to leave pop no later than 9am.

Assuming it's just the two of them (no kids and no need for carseats), I'd recommend Uber. Going from resort to resort is pretty inconvenient and takes a lot of time. Uber will take way less time than the bus/monorail combo needed when relying on Disney transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter