Getting from LA (Santa Monica) to Disneyland Without a Car

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by JzeroT1437, May 17, 2008.

1. JzeroT1437

JzeroT1437 <font color=blue>My advice: Get mono<br><font colo

I'll be in Los Angeles from July 4th to the 8th and want to hit up the Land sometime during my visit. Having never been to LA, let alone Disneyland, I have no knowledge of what charter services/buses/other options I have for this. Anybody have suggestions or advice?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. oscarkitty1

oscarkitty1 Mouseketeer

I have done this twice now, while combining business with pleasure!

Both times I took a cab from Santa Monica to DL. It's pricey, around $100 one way.

Not sure of any other options other than a cab.

4. jlima

jlima Beep Beep!

Try Grey Line Tours. I just looked at their website; for one person it's $160 but it included bus transportation from their transportation center (and shuttle pick up from certain hotels) and a 1 day park hopper, which is $91, so you are paying them $69 for the transportation. If your hotel has on-site car rental you can probably rent a car for a lot less, but you would still have to pay $10 to park at DL. If you're not accustomed to freeway driving then $69 may be worth it. Good luck!

5. tink2dw

tink2dw Pixie Dust or Bust!!

6. jlmarr

jlmarr See you at Fenton's

This bit from the previous links sums it up pretty well:

An alternative to the OCTA #43 is to get off at the Anaheim station and take ART.

I was going to suggest taking a cab or shuttle to LAX and taking one of the many Disneyland shuttles from there (generally $16 to $20 one way), but the options above sound like a winner.