Getting from LA (Santa Monica) to Disneyland Without a Car

JzeroT1437

<font color=blue>My advice: Get mono<br><font colo
I'll be in Los Angeles from July 4th to the 8th and want to hit up the Land sometime during my visit. Having never been to LA, let alone Disneyland, I have no knowledge of what charter services/buses/other options I have for this. Anybody have suggestions or advice?

I have done this twice now, while combining business with pleasure!

Both times I took a cab from Santa Monica to DL. It's pricey, around $100 one way.

Not sure of any other options other than a cab.

Try Grey Line Tours. I just looked at their website; for one person it's $160 but it included bus transportation from their transportation center (and shuttle pick up from certain hotels) and a 1 day park hopper, which is $91, so you are paying them $69 for the transportation. If your hotel has on-site car rental you can probably rent a car for a lot less, but you would still have to pay $10 to park at DL. If you're not accustomed to freeway driving then $69 may be worth it. Good luck!

This bit from the previous links sums it up pretty well:

The Santa Monica #10 bus is a high-speed, freeway express bus between downtown and Santa Monica. It's the fastest way to get from downtown to the far West Side.
Disneyland: Believe it or not, there's a $1.75 express bus from downtown L.A. to Disneyland. It even leaves every 30 minutes most of the day. The catch is, it takes an hour and a half. Still, nothing beats the price of the MTA #460. You can shave half an hour off of that trip by taking a Metrolink Orange County Line train from Union Station to Fullerton and switching for the quite frequent and busy OCTA #43 bus, for a total of $7.25 each way on weekdays or $5.75 on weekends.
An alternative to the OCTA #43 is to get off at the Anaheim station and take ART.

I was going to suggest taking a cab or shuttle to LAX and taking one of the many Disneyland shuttles from there (generally $16 to $20 one way), but the options above sound like a winner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter