Getting from Fort Wilderness to Art of Animation

Pamnkevin

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Art of Animation and we want to go to the campfire sing along. The day we're thinking of going, we'll be at Hollywood Studios, so we'll take the bus from there to FW. Since it starts at 8pm, what is our best way to get back to the resort?

The day we are thinking of going, Magic Kingdom has extra magic hours from 12am-2am. Does that mean the buses will be running until 2am? Would that be the easiest route?

HS to FW, then FW to TTC, then TTC to AoA?

You won't go to the TTC.

You'll take the boat to MK and then take the bus from there to AoA.

What about if we go from FW to HS. HS is supposed to be open until 9:30pm. The buses are supposed to run an hour after the parks close...is that for leaving the park only? or can we still return to it?

I'm just trying to find the fastest way back to AOA

Will the boat still be running? Does the boat take a long time?

Yes. It takes about 15 minutes or so.

What about if we go from FW to HS. HS is supposed to be open until 9:30pm. The buses are supposed to run an hour after the parks close...is that for leaving the park only? or can we still return to it?

That's going to take quite a bit longer.

The fastest way using Disney transportation is to take the boat to MK and then take the bus to AoA.

The fastest way using Disney transportation is to take the boat to MK and then take the bus to AoA.

All of this. The boats operate the same hours as the buses, and I think it's a much more relaxing journey than the bus.

• Buses will only take you to a park while the park is open (including EMH and after-hours separate ticket events), unless you are going back to the park to get to your parked car. I don't think watercraft has the same policy, but I'm not sure about that.
  • Boats leave from the Settlement, buses from the Outpost. Unless walking from the Campfire Circle to the Settlement, OP will need to take the internal bus from the Circle either way.
  • I don't see why taking a bus from the Outpost to an open park would take any longer than the boat to MK. It might actually be faster to transfer at Epcot or DHS, if it's before park closing. The only difference is 3 buses in place of bus+boat+bus.

• Buses will only take you to a park while the park is open (including EMH and after-hours separate ticket events), unless you are going back to the park to get to your parked car. I don't think watercraft has the same policy, but I'm not sure about that.
  • Boats leave from the Settlement, buses from the Outpost. Unless walking from the Campfire Circle to the Settlement, OP will need to take the internal bus from the Circle either way.
  • I don't see why taking a bus from the Outpost to an open park would take any longer than the boat to MK. It might actually be faster to transfer at Epcot or DHS, if it's before park closing. The only difference is 3 buses in place of bus+boat+bus.

Your post helped tremendously. I was originally thinking going to DHS would be faster bealcause we're not backtracking. Plus it's a pretty straight bus route to DHS. If the campfire ends at 8:4pm and DHS closes at 9:30pm, do you think we could still take a bus there?

Your post helped tremendously. I was originally thinking going to DHS would be faster bealcause we're not backtracking. Plus it's a pretty straight bus route to DHS. If the campfire ends at 8:4pm and DHS closes at 9:30pm, do you think we could still take a bus there?
I think that might be close.

I'm figuring a 5 minute walk to the bus stop, 10 minute wait for the internal bus, and 10 minute bus ride. That would put you at the Outpost at 9:10. If a DHS bus comes within 15 minutes, you'll be OK, but if there's a longer wait (as there sometimes is, although there's not supposed to be), the driver might tell you to go to DTD.

It might be safer to boat to MK, even if it takes 10 minutes longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter