Getting from Epcot to Hollywood Studios

dtats

Mouseketeer
I'm curious to know the fastest way to get from Epcot to HS. Specifically, leaving Epcot from the World Showcase area, at the International Gateway. Can anyone tell me how late the ferryboats will make the run from Epcot to HS? And, is it quicker to walk this distance? Other suggestions?
Thanks!

The boat takes 20 - 30 minutes. Walking takes 20 - 30 minutes.

The boats run for about an hour after closing.

I'm curious to know the fastest way to get from Epcot to HS. Specifically, leaving Epcot from the World Showcase area, at the International Gateway. Can anyone tell me how late the ferryboats will make the run from Epcot to HS? And, is it quicker to walk this distance? Other suggestions?
Thanks!

If there is a boat waiting at the dock it's about the same to walk/take the boat. If you have to wait for a boat it may be faster to walk.

I took these timings on a recent boat from Epcot to DHS:
Code:
        Arr     Dep
EC    5:10 PM  5:15 PM
BW    5:19 PM  5:21 PM
YC    5:24 PM  5:26 PM
Swan  5:29 PM  5:32 PM
DHS   5:39 PM
24 mins. from Epcot departure to DHS.

If you just miss a boat leaving Epcot, or leaving BW on the way to YC, you may be able to catch up with it and hop on at the Swan.

I've left the boat dock area, International Gateway, at the same time the boat left. The boat CMs yelled that there would be another boat there in about 15 mins...we yelled back that we would beat them to DHS! He laughed at us. The boat was at BW when we got to that dock. We cut through the pi area, Luna Park, as the boat was leaving for YC/BC. We didn't see it again until we were headed to DHS bag check and the boat was just rounding the corner, coming into view. We beat the boat by about 5 mins.
We do walk at a decent pace. It usually takes us about 18 mins to walk between the two parks. But...if it's brutally hot or raining, the boat is a better bet, even if you do have to wditvup to 20 mins for the boat to get there!!

Walking is fastest but it's not a huge difference. 5 min or so faster to walk vs. boat, not counting waiting on a boat time. Could increase more if there is a large number of guests getting on/off at each stop.
We tested it a couple times, by accident.
I got on a boat and it pulled away as DH and DGD started walking. They were walking in to our room at YC as I was pulling up to the boat dock on the boat. This was at the pace of a 6 yo too, so not super fast adult pace.

Another time DH and I walked from Epcot to HS. There was a boat approaching Epcot dock as we walked out. We wanted to walk (it was early in our trip) so we set off to HS. We cut through Boardwalk and as we got to HS we still didn't see the boat coming around the bend toward HS, much less to the HS dock. And I walk VERY slow compared to most adults.

I took these timings on a recent boat from Epcot to DHS:
Code:
        Arr     Dep
EC    5:10 PM  5:15 PM
BW    5:19 PM  5:21 PM
YC    5:24 PM  5:26 PM
Swan  5:29 PM  5:32 PM
DHS   5:39 PM
24 mins. from Epcot departure to DHS.

If you just miss a boat leaving Epcot, or leaving BW on the way to YC, you may be able to catch up with it and hop on at the Swan.

Very helpful, thanks! Good to know about catching the boat at one of the mid-stops!

I've left the boat dock area, International Gateway, at the same time the boat left. The boat CMs yelled that there would be another boat there in about 15 mins...we yelled back that we would beat them to DHS! He laughed at us. The boat was at BW when we got to that dock. We cut through the pi area, Luna Park, as the boat was leaving for YC/BC. We didn't see it again until we were headed to DHS bag check and the boat was just rounding the corner, coming into view. We beat the boat by about 5 mins.
We do walk at a decent pace. It usually takes us about 18 mins to walk between the two parks. But...if it's brutally hot or raining, the boat is a better bet, even if you do have to wditvup to 20 mins for the boat to get there!!

I'm beginning to think more seriously about hoofing it over to DHS from Epcot than waiting for the boat. Of course, I'll be making that final decision on a warm late-August afternoon, so we'll see how the heat factors into this decision. Thanks for the great feedback!

Walking is fastest but it's not a huge difference. 5 min or so faster to walk vs. boat, not counting waiting on a boat time. Could increase more if there is a large number of guests getting on/off at each stop.
We tested it a couple times, by accident.
I got on a boat and it pulled away as DH and DGD started walking. They were walking in to our room at YC as I was pulling up to the boat dock on the boat. This was at the pace of a 6 yo too, so not super fast adult pace.

Another time DH and I walked from Epcot to HS. There was a boat approaching Epcot dock as we walked out. We wanted to walk (it was early in our trip) so we set off to HS. We cut through Boardwalk and as we got to HS we still didn't see the boat coming around the bend toward HS, much less to the HS dock. And I walk VERY slow compared to most adults.

Ok, now I'm thinking "Boat-Schmoat!" I'm walking it!"

Of course, this may all just be a ploy by the ferry boat fans to keep the boat capacity down! :D

Thanks for sharing your experience!

DD and I walked DHS to Epcot AND back just so she could eat at Garden Grill (meh). Then I had the pleasure of doing it AGAIN that night because we mistimed when the boats stopped running to DHS! AND then went to EOS to pick up late night snacks & had to walk to the parking garage over by Planet Hollywood. Definitely got my steps in that day!

I'm beginning to think more seriously about hoofing it over to DHS from Epcot than waiting for the boat. Of course, I'll be making that final decision on a warm late-August afternoon, so we'll see how the heat factors into this decision. Thanks for the great feedback!

My feeling on this is that I do SO much walking through out my vacation that I take transportation like the boats every chance I get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter