Getting from disney resort to other, non disney parks?

Becca3012

Earning My Ears
In a year I will be staying in disney for 2 weeks! So unbelievably excited! As well as the must have 14 day disney passes we also have 14 day passes for both universals, se world and Busch and have booked a trip to discovery cove also.
Lots of people have been throwing their 2 cents at us recommending how we'll get to these parks (we don't drive) and we've had suggestions such as meers, taxis, busses, and taking the I trolly. What would be your proffered mode of transport? We want to do it on a budget but still be able to get the most out of each park so having a set leaving time isn't really what were after. Any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated :) xx

Preferred, cab. It takes a lot less time than transferring buses but it can be expensive, but take into account the parking fees at other parks($16 for Universal). A cab can drop you off in the transportation hub at Universal.

Budget, taking Lynx. Last time I tried to get to Sea World it was two transfers of buses and someone who doesn't do public transportation can be easily confused.

I honestly have no suggestions for Busch, I did hear that there is a shuttle or something that goes but I've never taken it. It is about 1hr and a half.
Here is the information about the busch gardens shuttle. You have many options on where pickup is, and it is free with paid busch gardens ticket. https://secure.mearstransportation.com/MearsExpress/BuschGardens.asp?pos=1

WE have always done Mear bus. Easy to call yourself and Disney staff will do it for you as well. You pay the driver cash at the beginning for the round trip. Was $18. You tell them when you want to go and they arrive at your hotel. They do pick up from other hotels as well so we always ask for a pick up 1 hour before the park opening at the other end. You call an hour or so before you want to leave and they are there for pickup to bring to back. The last time I was paying for 6 people and DIS, this website, had a special for Universal where your busing was included in your two/three day pass. We saved ourselves a one way fare which was $120 all together. My husband and I want to the kennedy Centre for $35 each round trip for a day trip. Highly recommend this no brainer.

What about splitting up your resort stays: Stay at a Disney resort the days you want to visit the Disney parks, and then stay at one of the 3 Universal Resorts when you want to visit the Universal parks.

I might recommend reducing the days on your passes at the other parks (particularly Busch Gardens). If you stay at Disney the whole time, you aren't going to "park hop" between Disney World and the other parks, you are most likely going to devote a couple days to each of them and do them for the whole day. Depending on where you are staying at WDW, Sea World is 15-30 minutes away and US is 30-45 minutes away. Busch Gardens is in Tampa which is over an hour away with no traffic. At most you will probably spend one day at Busch Gardens and Sea World and 1-3 days at US. Paying for 14 days of tickets is a waste.

I also agree with the poster who suggested staying at a US hotel for the time you plan on going to those parks. Not only are they a better value in terms of quality/price ratio, but you get Universal Express passes which entitle you to unlimited front of the line access to most attractions (Harry Potter's Forbidden Journey is the notable exception) which saves you a lot of time and a lot of miserable waiting in the Florida heat.

I might recommend reducing the days on your passes at the other parks (particularly Busch Gardens). If you stay at Disney the whole time, you aren't going to "park hop" between Disney World and the other parks, you are most likely going to devote a couple days to each of them and do them for the whole day. Depending on where you are staying at WDW, Sea World is 15-30 minutes away and US is 30-45 minutes away. Busch Gardens is in Tampa which is over an hour away with no traffic. At most you will probably spend one day at Busch Gardens and Sea World and 1-3 days at US. Paying for 14 days of tickets is a waste.

I also agree with the poster who suggested staying at a US hotel for the time you plan on going to those parks. Not only are they a better value in terms of quality/price ratio, but you get Universal Express passes which entitle you to unlimited front of the line access to most attractions (Harry Potter's Forbidden Journey is the notable exception) which saves you a lot of time and a lot of miserable waiting in the Florida heat.

I agree completely with this. We fly over from Scotland for 2 weeks at at time too, we always get the 14 unlimited ticket for Disney. Remember this included 4 theme parks 2 water parks and Disney quest. You will not want to commute each day from Disney and you will not be able to utilise the 14 day ticket for US/Sea world/Busch Gdns. I would take a weekend out and stay at a Universal hotel for 3 night and see US/IOA and maybe sea world. 3 days of tickets will be so much cheaper. Unless you are desperate to see Busch gdns then I would skip it and do it on your next trip. We are only doing Disney on our next trip and will have plenty to do for 15 nights.
Also keep in mind if you are getting free dining from Disney that if you leave Disney you are then spending money on food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter