• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting from CBR to Cape May restaurant via Disney transportation

twinspluscade

DIS Veteran
I'm considering making an early morning ADR for Cape May (8:00 ish). What would be the quickest way to get there via Disney transportation? How long should allow for travel time?

You could bus to DHS and then make the long walk down the path through the Boardwalk over to YC/BC. Give yourself about 80 minutes or so, as buses aren't super frequent in the morning. The boats don't start running until 11am. Otherwise, you could take a bus to MK or AK and then transfer to a BC bus but you could be waiting a long time for a bus to a resort that time of morning (most buses are going FROM resorts TO parks, not the opposite). The option most recommended, and fastest, will be a taxi.

You could bus to DHS and then make the long walk down the path through the Boardwalk over to YC/BC. Give yourself about 80 minutes or so, as buses aren't super frequent in the morning. The boats don't start running until 11am. Otherwise, you could take a bus to MK or AK and then transfer to a BC bus but you could be waiting a long time for a bus to a resort that time of morning (most buses are going FROM resorts TO parks, not the opposite). The option most recommended, and fastest, will be a taxi.
The boats from DHS to the Epcot resorts start running 1 hour before normal park opening, or 30 minutes before morning EMH. (They have to, as they're the only transportation from the resorts to DHS.)

Earlier than that (like for an 8am breakfast), bus transportation will be provided from DHS on request. Just tell the bus driver at your resort where you are going for breakfast. Depending on the time and number of Guests on board, either the bus will drop you off at the resort, or a connecting bus will be provided at DHS.

The trip could take as little as 30 minutes, but it's wise to allow 90 minutes.

The boats from DHS to the Epcot resorts start running 1 hour before normal park opening, or 30 minutes before morning EMH. (They have to, as they're the only transportation from the resorts to DHS.)

You're right. It's the friendship boats inside Epcot that start at 11am. My mistake! Give yourself 20-30 minutes to take the boat after arriving at DHS. We found them slow, and I suspect not super frequent that time of morning. Especially if DHS opens at 9am.

Not to deter you, as we loved our Cape May breakfast, but to get there was a huge pain with Disney transportation. We gave ourselves an hour and we needed ALL of it! We just missed the boat and ended up walking from Hollywood Studios with 2 young children and a stroller. I wont lie it was stressful and we were very concerned we would miss our reservation! (and this was on a very HOT day with one of the last breakfast times available.) It did all work out though and we enjoyed Minnie's company. Super great interaction that day!

ditto taxi - at the CBR call for a taxi the night before from guest services

Our best bet for resort breakfast - we do a DHS or EPCOT AM EMH, then boat to the YC/BC go see Minnie & friends for a wonderful 10:30 am breakfast
The food is till fresh and you spend more time with Minnie, Goofy, & Donald

Disney says to allow 90 minutes to make it to an ADR using their transportation. Use at taxi and save 60 of those minutes.

I believe you're staying at CBR? If so, it's a short ride from the resort to YC/BC. The last time I took a cab from YC/BC to Pop, it was under $10, including tip! Now, that was several years ago...so I'm sure it's gone up. I would just take a cab and plan on leaving the resort by 7:40!

Thanks for all the replies! Good to know that using the Disney transportation to get there probably isn't the best idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter