Getting from AKL to GF?

Drusilla

Mouseketeer
We are staying at AKL but have a 9am breakfast adr at 1900 Park Fare at GF.

MK opens at 9am this day so buses start running at 8am and then we have to get from MK to GF before 9am.

Would it be easiest to just take a taxi from AKL to GF that morning?

If so, roughly what should I expect that to cost so I can have enough cash on me to pay it.

Thanks!

You can just grab a taxi, though I have no idea what it would cost. Taxis are normally waiting at all WDW resorts. If one is not waiting the Cast Member working outside will get one for you right away.

Early bus service begins around 6:30am daily for the various breakfasts throughout WDW. If you get to your resort bus stop by around 7:30 you should have no problem getting a bus to the MK. Some drivers will drop you off right at the resort of your breakfast.

Just be out at the MK bus stop by 7:30. You'll be there in plenty of time.

Take the bus to MK then the Monorail to GF. We did it from BWV last year. We also were able to sit in front with the pilot all the way to GR. The girls received Co-Pilot license. I'm not sure if they let you sit in front any more

Take the bus to MK then the Monorail to GF. We did it from BWV last year. We also were able to sit in front with the pilot all the way to GR. The girls received Co-Pilot license. I'm not sure if they let you sit in front any more

From what I have read, since that terrible accident a few months ago they no longer allow guests in the front.

And actually the boat from the MK to the GF generally is quicker than taking the monorail. First, the boat dock is closer to the bus depot than the monorail station. Second, the boat goes directly from the MK to the GF, while the monorail will stop at the CR, TTC and Poly before it gets around to the GF.

A cab almost certainly will be faster and will keep you dry if it's raining or warm if it's cold. You will be exposed to the elements between the bus depot and whatever form of Disney transport you choose to get you from the MK to the GF.

And actually the boat from the MK to the GF generally is quicker than taking the monorail. First, the boat dock is closer to the bus depot than the monorail station. Second, the boat goes directly from the MK to the GF, while the monorail will stop at the CR, TTC and Poly before it gets around to the GF.
What if the boat is not at the station? Wouldn't it be faster to take the Resort Monorail since a new one always arrives within a few minutes.

I don't think they will ever let guest ride in the front. It was such a sad mistake.
Fist think in the morning there isn't anyone waiting to take the monorail form MK. but if you can catch the boat it might be quicker. We were the only ones at the monorail station and a cast member asked if we knew were we were going.

What if the boat is not at the station? Wouldn't it be faster to take the Resort Monorail since a new one always arrives within a few minutes.

Yes, I think the monorail might beat the launch in that case especially as the monorail will drop them in the main building. With the launch, the OP will need to walk through the grounds. Lovely walk though.

I've read the launches start at 8:30 for a 9am MK opening but have personally seen them not start until 9am on one memorable morning.

The boat is faster, if leaving at the same time as the monorail. The boat stops at the GF first, and it takes about 10-15 mins to get there. But, if you have to wait for the boat to come in, and you can get on the monorail in 5 mins, then the monorail may be faster. But, if the monorail and the boat leave at the same time, the boat is faster.
I know that one time we got on the boat, as the monorail was on it's way to the CR...we got to the GF as the monorail was pulling into the Polynesian.

I know that one time we got on the boat, as the monorail was on it's way to the CR...we got to the GF as the monorail was pulling into the Polynesian.

I think that is pretty typical of the timing. :goodvibes

We usually judge as we approach the area. It's very easy to see if a monorail or launch are approaching or for that matter if you've just missed one. The monorails run more frequently but the actual travel time to the GF on the launch is less. If we're headed to the Polynesian, the big ferry can be the fastest as it crosses in 5 minutes. It's so much fun to use the transportation option around Seven Seas Lagoon. :cool1:

However, for the OP.... just make sure the launches are operating before waiting for one.:boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter