Getting fit & losing weight before our next 2015 Disney trip!

I struggle with balance...I rejoined in April and lost the 17lbs, but I feel like I am stalling, and the motivation to keep going is lagging. I am excited to have a place to check in to help hold me accountable! Let's be each others cheerleaders! :cheer2:

Welcome Butterfly!! :welcome:

Totally understand the lagging... Discipline is SO hard. I thnk we can help keep you motivated. Here's some cheerleading for you! :cheer2:

Name - Missy (some call me A.B. because of my pen name - AnnaBeth)

Date of trip - June 13-15, 2015 for a split trip between Universal Studios (HARRY POTTER!!!) and WDW.

Reason for goal - I want to be able to easily find clothing in gift shops at Harry Potter and to be able to take some really awesome cosplay pics, as well as do the Disneybounds I want to do without worrying about being the "fat girl who tries to hard" which I have been referred to before.

Target approach - I'm a cyclist by nature and did a lot of cycling when I was a teenager, but got out of it because of mostly laziness and depression. Now that I'm back into it, I'm planning to average out around 50 miles a week (starting out) and my goal is around 100 road/hill miles per week by the end of my journey.

Progress to date - the first time I did weight watchers, I lost around 12 pounds, and then became depressed and quit. Now I'm back at it and my total to date weight loss is 20 lbs/74 lbs lost (Goal weight of 125 lbs for a height of 5'2")

Yikes I've missed out on some posts! Welcome Victoria & Danielle! Victoria, I hear you with the pictures. That's a big goal of mine too! Danielle, when are you going in May? That's when I'm going! What should I set as your goal & progress currently?

Cool! The plan is to go the week prior to Memorial Day weekend, we haven't officially booked yet though. So far I've lost 9 lbs, my goal by May is to lose at least 40.

:welcome: Missy! That is my height and goal weight too. Hopefully we can cheer each other on! :cheer:

I would love that! I am holding myself accountable so much and snacking a lot so I don't binge (I've dealt with EDNOS for a while). I'm also doing weight watchers and could point you in the right direction for food. :)

:welcome: Missy! That is my height and goal weight too. Hopefully we can cheer each other on! :cheer:

Duuuude! I'm not lying! I'm the same height too. Nice to know I'm no the only short one!

I don't have a goal weight per se. I'm at 148 now, and wear a size 6. I want to get to 130 and we'll see. I had hoped 125-128, but realistically IDK if I can maintain that. I love love love to eat

Duuuude! I'm not lying! I'm the same height too. Nice to know I'm no the only short one!

I don't have a goal weight per se. I'm at 148 now, and wear a size 6. I want to get to 130 and we'll see. I had hoped 125-128, but realistically IDK if I can maintain that. I love love love to eat

Ha ha and then there were three in the 5 foot 2 club!! :goodvibes

I would love that! I am holding myself accountable so much and snacking a lot so I don't binge (I've dealt with EDNOS for a while). I'm also doing weight watchers and could point you in the right direction for food. :)

I've done WW in the past, but I am just trying to do a 'simply filling' kind of mentality and just eat healthily while avoiding junk. I am pretty good during the day at work as I pack everything. It is when I get home after the gym that I have to watch my portion control.

I'd like to join in, if that's okay.

My name is Becca, maybe. My husband and I are going to Disney World for our honeymoon/ one year anniversary, from May 1-9.

My goal is more in losing inches, but weight has more immediate difference almost always, so I am aiming for 40 pounds. Bit over a pound a week, but I'm a long way from a healthy weight, so it should be totally manageable.

I want to lose this much because I want to have lovely pictures of the two of us that I don't hate myself in. I haven't looked at our wedding pictures since we got them because of how I look, and I don't want that to be the case with this trip.

My how: calorie counting. I walk some days at lunch and I'm planning on a gym membership very soon, but my focus is calorie counting with myfitnesspal.

Looking forward to reporting back!

Weight loss: 2.4/40 = 6.0% I only lost 0.2 lbs this week. :guilty:

Nutrition: The lack of weight loss was mostly because of the indulging I did on Friday.

Workouts: This had a huge impact on my workouts. I wasn't able to get back to the gym until last night. Tonight is all about scrubbing the house (it needs it!) because I was down for the count on the weekend.

Nutrition: So aside from Friday... the rest of the week was okay. I should perhaps have cut back more at suppers because I wasn't making it to the gym.

Here's to having a better week, right?!? :cheer2:

Weight loss: 2.4/40 = 6.0% I only lost 0.2 lbs this week. :guilty:

Nutrition: The lack of weight loss was mostly because of the indulging I did on Friday.

Workouts: This had a huge impact on my workouts. I wasn't able to get back to the gym until last night. Tonight is all about scrubbing the house (it needs it!) because I was down for the count on the weekend.

Nutrition: So aside from Friday... the rest of the week was okay. I should perhaps have cut back more at suppers because I wasn't making it to the gym.

Here's to having a better week, right?!? :cheer2:

I think you did great, all things considered! :cheer2:

I was bummed to gain 1.2 pounds this past week. But I did indulge a bit on my birthday last Saturday, and I didn't exercise enough on weeknights.

Now I have a bad head cold and only want to eat soup and drink tea! I feel so drained today, and my head is pounding, so no workout today. I'm gonna take NyQuil again and hopefully, this cold will be gone tomorrow!

I think you did great, all things considered! :cheer2:

I was bummed to gain 1.2 pounds this past week. But I did indulge a bit on my birthday last Saturday, and I didn't exercise enough on weeknights.

Now I have a bad head cold and only want to eat soup and drink tea! I feel so drained today, and my head is pounding, so no workout today. I'm gonna take NyQuil again and hopefully, this cold will be gone tomorrow!

Thanks for the pep talk! I hope you feel better soon! There's a narsty cold going round here too.

Jaye, I think you did just fine. Any loss is a good loss, right?

Amanda, I hope you feel better soon! Those first colds of the season are not fun at all.

I need to get back to it. Tomorrow is my weigh in day, and I'm looking forward to putting this week behind me and getting back to it. Too little exercise, and too much off plan eating. I have a million excuses, but the reality is I was just not putting in the work. I'm actually really looking forward to a healthier week this week!

Well today was a bust. Big time. I think I ate everything in the house. I kind of gave up today.

Tomorrow is a new day and I'm committing to eating paleo (gluten, dairy and sugar all don't agree with me so this just makes sense) for 30 days. I'm going to need your help please. I'll check in hopefully daily to keep me on track.

The last few days I've been suffering from BAAD gastritis (I think). Dr gave me a Rx for now, hopefully it goes away because the pain is debilitating

Well today was a bust. Big time. I think I ate everything in the house. I kind of gave up today. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm committing to eating paleo (gluten, dairy and sugar all don't agree with me so this just makes sense) for 30 days. I'm going to need your help please. I'll check in hopefully daily to keep me on track. The last few days I've been suffering from BAAD gastritis (I think). Dr gave me a Rx for now, hopefully it goes away because the pain is debilitating

It seems like a lot of us want a better week this week. I know I feel better when I eat healthier, too. I'll look for those check ins, because that will help me as well!

Hi all!
I majorly fell off the wagon. My daughter is chronically ill and ended up sick for about 3 weeks. I am trying to play catch up with sleep and everything else. Ugh.
Walking was my much needed break from everything and I really need to get back in the habit. Sweat melts my stress. I'm going to start back tomorrow and start checking in daily for accountability. Reading your posts is great motivation!

Hi all! I majorly fell off the wagon. My daughter is chronically ill and ended up sick for about 3 weeks. I am trying to play catch up with sleep and everything else. Ugh. Walking was my much needed break from everything and I really need to get back in the habit. Sweat melts my stress. I'm going to start back tomorrow and start checking in daily for accountability. Reading your posts is great motivation!

Hi Jess. I'm so sorry your daughter was sick for three weeks. That's a long time. I hope she is better now. Good for you for knowing what helps your stress. I'm a walker, too!

I'd like to join in if it's not too late :)

I'm planning on going to disney in October of 2015 for the TOT 10M run. I need to loose some serious weight so I'm setting my goal to be 100lbs. I'm going to try and only weigh myself every month on the first because I tend to get obsessed with the minor fluctuations. I am starting the c25k training and then by April or so I want to start the Jeff Galloway training program. I also walk approx 2-3 km 4 times a week in addition to the training runs and go to aquafit 2-4 times a week. Besides wanting to loose weight for the run I just want to stop being in pain and of course look better. I've always been super active and there's so many things I no longer do because of my weight (hiking, white water rafting, water slides, sports ect) and I really want to do them again. I feel like I'm a skinny person trapped in a fat persons body and it's time to let her out!

I'd like to join in if it's not too late :)

I'm planning on going to disney in October of 2015 for the TOT 10M run. I need to loose some serious weight so I'm setting my goal to be 100lbs. I'm going to try and only weigh myself every month on the first because I tend to get obsessed with the minor fluctuations. I am starting the c25k training and then by April or so I want to start the Jeff Galloway training program. I also walk approx 2-3 km 4 times a week in addition to the training runs and go to aquafit 2-4 times a week. Besides wanting to loose weight for the run I just want to stop being in pain and of course look better. I've always been super active and there's so many things I no longer do because of my weight (hiking, white water rafting, water slides, sports ect) and I really want to do them again. I feel like I'm a skinny person trapped in a fat persons body and it's time to let her out!

The longest race I have ever done is a 15K, but I loved Jeff Galloway training for that.
Being bigger after having twins, the C25K was awesome as well.

Well, I am here again. I have caught up on everyone's post.
Again, I have not been doing what I need to do. But I am renewing today!

I will reintroduce myself.
Jessica
My first big goal is to lose 100 lbs from 09/11/2012 (my last weigh-in before having twins). I would like to do this before our WDW vacation in June 2015. This amount will put me out of "obese" and into "overweight" :cool1::rotfl2:
(I have 126.9 total to lose to be a "healthy" weight BMI wise)
Right now I am down 65.6/100

I have signed up for WW online today. I have done well counting points in the past. I need to budget my money and my food to get to see Mickey!

My exercise has been okay...again, like 4 times a week but I should really do 5-6 times a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter