Getting fit for marathon weekend 1

griffinstorme

Earning My Ears
So here's the first update about my training for marathon weekend.
So I while back I decided to get in shape. Like most of my previous diet and exercise routines, it wasn't going so well. My sister told me about marathon weekend and I decided that I wanted to go. I would really like to run the half marathon, but there's NOOOOOOO way that I can do that by that time. Anyway I figure that a trip to Disney world is enough motivation. I'm overweight so this works out good both ways. I'm going to get to run 5k and get an extra trip to Disney (family fun 5k run [thought I'm not sure why people think running is fun. I guess when you do it for a while then it is.:confused3.]). If I can't run 5 whole kilometers by then, then I'm not going. Today was my third day of the Couch to 5k program. It doesn't sound hard at first, but it certainly is.
I'm going with my sister. It will be a nice weekend to spend some time with her, I get to miss some school, and get in shape.
It'll all be worth it. That's what I keep saying. I know it sounds cheesy, but It's true. All my hard work I know will pay off. I'm so excited. If you're coming to marathon weekend, then I'll see you there.:thumbsup2. well realistically probably not unless we prearranged a designated time and meeting place which we won't do. Sorry. I don't know who's a stalker out there.

I'll be doing my first 5k then too. I don't think running is fun either and will be speed-walking it mostly.

I just finished the first of week 2 on C25k so I can do my first 5k marathon weekend. Husband is doing the Goofy challenge and my boys will do the Micky mile. Can't wait. Don't love the running either, but my husband just finished his first half ironman triathalon and is training for the full ironman (swim 2+ miles, bike 112mi and run marathon:confused3:worship:), so I better get my butt in shape!

You might want to post this on the WISH board where all of the other marathon information is located. There are tips, progress reports, questions, answers, etc over there. A lot of stuff that you might find helpful and inspirational.

This is our first 5K also. Me, DH, DS and his girlfriend. Excited to go! Just registered so now we have to do it:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter