Getting Engaged.....Please help!

Congratulations man. I proposed to my fiance about 18 months ago and I think it was the most nervous moment of my life. But I practiced what I wanted to say a million times, took a deep breath, and it all went great. I proposed on the 2nd morning of a 4 night cruise, and it was might have been our best trip ever. Now here we are 18 months later getting married next week at Disney.:thumbsup2

Just be in the moment and enjoy every minute of it!

Where you hiding the ring so she doesnt find it during the trip?

We've seen a couple of weddings at that site in the evening. I hope your plan isn't ruined by a couple getting married at that time and location.

My husband proposed to me on the beach at the Poly! It was amazing and it's a very special place for us now. Good luck!

It might be cool to have a photo shoot scheduled. The photographer could be in on it. That way you wouldn't have to have your own tripod, and would have fabulous pictures. Your girlfriend would look her best and not themeparked ragged and you would have wonderful keepsakes of the moment.

Just a suggestion: I'd try to talk to a CM at AS and let them in on the secret. They may have other ideas or contacts to help your evening run more smoothly, or even add some magic if you're lucky. I also might think taking a cab for just that one ride may be a good investment vs. monorail/bus schedules. Or make a real dinner reservation at Poly so you know you will be there for the fireworks.
Congratulations in advance!

So you think the CM's at AS will be able to help me out somewhat? Would there be a photographer at the polynesian that could help me out?

So you think the CM's at AS will be able to help me out somewhat? Would there be a photographer at the polynesian that could help me out?

Have you been to WDW before (i.e. do you know what PhotoPass is?) Well, you can set up a PhotoPass photographer for a private session (around 30 minutes.) When we did it in June, if we pre-purchased the PhotoPass cd (which, we did..for around $70.00), we just had to pay the photographer fee of less than $30.00. They're always doing some sort of deal; you can check on the PhotoPass website. (But, I believe the price has gone up; still, that'd be great to have those shots. And, yes, they do them at the Poly. We did ours at the GF.)

I will tell you though that the quality of the pictures was OK; I'm assuming that if you have a tripod, you're pretty in to photography (as am I.) I was satisfied with the pics, but they weren't wonderful. Our family and friends think they're great, though. It'd be an easy way to set up a photographer there, though. They'd capture it all if that's what you ask them to do.

I just called and talked to the photo people at Disney and the lady i talked to was very helpful. She is going to send me some sample photos from what they take. They did offer a package for $475, which is a little expensive for my tastes. She did say that if that was out of my price range, to contact photopass and see if they could help me. Also, that only certain type of weddings were done at sunset point, and that there shouldnt be any weddings there during the weekend.

So let me get this right....you buy the cd first, then they let you book a session for $25 and you can request where you want the pictures taken at?

For more ideas, retitle your post "All Star Sports guests coming to Polynesian beach with a bottle of alcohol."

Just a joke. Caste wars erupt around here, though not at the resorts, when non-deluxe guests mention using any of the deluxe facilities.

Here is a link to a really big thread with lots of details and many, many photoshoot pictures. (I'm pretty sure the prices have changed.)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1703832

Poly Pictures start on about page 36, maybe before.

I can just see the photographer getting to a certain (pre-selected) spot, and in a dead pan photographer's voice saying, now if you'll just get down on one knee. OK great, I got it, perfect. (Hey while your down there, you might as well propose, ha ha) [then you ask] then the photographer goes on...and now if you'll just show her the ring...:scared1: If your photographer is a pretty good ham, and knows when to shut up, she won't even know what hit her. You might even find something about polynesian marriage proposals that would make it natural for you to have a shot on one knee.

This is so cool!

Good Luck and Congratulations!

Well...I talked to the photopass people yesterday at the Poly. They said the last time they do photos is at 4:30. Guess I will have to stick to the tri-pod idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter