Getting Engaged.....Please help!

Gettingengagedguy

Earning My Ears
I plan on popping the question here in a couple weeks sometime during our 10 day disney vacation. We will be there Jan 3rd to the 11th Here is what I have planned so far, and I am looking for tips or suggestions to make it better:

The first day of our trip we will not be going to any parks, so we decided to check out the property. We are staying at the All star sports resort and wanted to check out some of the other hotels, should we decide to visit again soon. I know that on January 3rd the Wishes Fireworks start at 8pm. With that In mind, is it possible for us to get out to sunset point to view the castle and the fireworks, even though we are not staying there? What is the view like during the fireworks show. I would like to take a bottle of champagne and a couple of glasses in a backpack so we can celebrate afterwards, on the beach. Do a lot of people usually hang out at sunset point to watch the Wishes show?

I plan on popping the question here in a couple weeks sometime during our 10 day disney vacation. We will be there Jan 3rd to the 11th Here is what I have planned so far, and I am looking for tips or suggestions to make it better:

The first day of our trip we will not be going to any parks, so we decided to check out the property. We are staying at the All star sports resort and wanted to check out some of the other hotels, should we decide to visit again soon. I know that on January 3rd the Wishes Fireworks start at 8pm. With that In mind, is it possible for us to get out to sunset point to view the castle and the fireworks, even though we are not staying there? What is the view like during the fireworks show. I would like to take a bottle of champagne and a couple of glasses in a backpack so we can celebrate afterwards, on the beach. Do a lot of people usually hang out at sunset point to watch the Wishes show?

Yes it's a pretty popular site to watch the fireworks. Pretty much any spot on the beach at the Polynesian is a good one. Maybe find a place a little further down away from the main pool area. You might also want to consider on the docks or the beach at the Grand Floridian. Good luck. Ps. make sure you get there early, in time for the fireworks. I had planned to propose to my fiance on the beach at the Poly and the transportation was running late and the fireworks started while we were on the boat heading to the Poly. :)

Yes! But get there early as previously said. Also, propose early on in the trip. My fiance did last year, we got buttons, and the whole trip we got free surprises and congratulations from everyone! It was great I felt like a celebrity!

So we should have no problem getting to the beach, even though we are not actual guests there, and we are staying at another disney resort? Thanks for the quick responses by the way.

So we should have no problem getting to the beach, even though we are not actual guests there, and we are staying at another disney resort? Thanks for the quick responses by the way.

First, good luck. I proposed to my wife at WDW (stayed at AS Movies) and it was the best trip ever.

I may be wrong, but I believe you cannot drive a car into the resort parking lots unless you are staying at that specific resort or have dinner reservations.
However, you can take Disney's transportation to any of the parks/hotels.
For example, you can ride the bus from AS Sports to MK, then ride the monorail or boat to the Poly.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Congrats on your upcoming engagement :goodvibes

DH proposed to me in WDW a few years ago :cloud9: and he actually used a company, who for the life of me I can not remember the name of :confused3 There are a few women who help you out and make your event unbelievable!!! I would highly recommend them... of course I can't remember their name. I'm sure someone here will see this and post the name of the company, I think it's Dreams of a Lifetime or something like that :confused:

I planned on taking the bus from AS Sports to MK and then the monorail to the poly. She knows that we are going to be looking for a good spot to watch the Wishes show, but she has no idea about an engagement. I have a tripod and camera that I'm gonna set up, telling her that its just to catch the Wishes show on for memories. Hopefully she will fall for it.

We're at the poly from the 3 - 9 of Jan. and we're not at the parks on the 3rd and we're planning on watching Wishes from the beach :) So, maybe we'll see you propose!!!! How cool would that be! If we do, I can take a picture to capture the memory for you :) Though I suppose you probably want your privacy :) Good luck and congratulations!!!!!!!

Call Disney Florist at 407-827-3505. They can help you will all sorts of special things. Disney Guest services can help you arrange things too the florist people can put you in contact with them. With very little effort you might be able to find someone to take the picture right at the moment, have the ring delivered in flowers or food, etc.

I teach event planning, so this kind of stuff gets my imagination going.

Congrats on your upcoming engagement :goodvibes

DH proposed to me in WDW a few years ago :cloud9: and he actually used a company, who for the life of me I can not remember the name of :confused3 There are a few women who help you out and make your event unbelievable!!! I would highly recommend them... of course I can't remember their name. I'm sure someone here will see this and post the name of the company, I think it's Dreams of a Lifetime or something like that :confused:

Was it Gifts of a Lifetime? I know lots DISers have used their services and mentioned they were very happy with it.

Good Luck!!! Congrats on your soon to be engagement! :thumbsup2

I contacted Gifts of a liftetime, they are a little on the expensive side to me. I told them what i was looking for and they were looking at atleast $200. I think i can plan something myself at a much cheaper price. Anyone know how long it should take us to get from All star sports to magic kingdom, then to the poly?

I contacted Gifts of a liftetime, they are a little on the expensive side to me. I told them what i was looking for and they were looking at atleast $200. I think i can plan something myself at a much cheaper price. Anyone know how long it should take us to get from All star sports to magic kingdom, then to the poly?

According to this website, 47 minutes unless you're driving:
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.aspx

BTW, congratulations!!!!!

I think we are going to try and just get a snack at the poly before the wishes show, just to make sure we are there in time. I will probably tell her we need to start making our way to the poly around 6 or 630.

First, great idea for a proposal.

Second, I would definitely leave All-Stars no later then 5:30PM for the Magic Kingdom. Im sure you will be nervous enough and not need the extra "Will we make it on time" pressure. Also, I would get a backup plan (i.e. have cash for a cab from the All-Stars to the Poly).

Finally, getting engaged in Disney might lead to getting married in Disney and it's pricey ;) ......BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY SPENT! We don't regret it one bit.

I doubt we will get married at Disney, but thats all up to her...I think she has set her mind on getting married at a beach. I went ahead and made dinner reservations at the Kona Cafe for 7:05pm, I think that would give us plenty of time to get there.

I doubt we will get married at Disney, but thats all up to her...I think she has set her mind on getting married at a beach. I went ahead and made dinner reservations at the Kona Cafe for 7:05pm, I think that would give us plenty of time to get there.

With dinner at 7 I don't think that you'll be done in time for Wishes at 8. I'd do dinner no later than 6 to try to be done by 8, and I'd tell your server you really want to be done by 7:30 so you can get out to the beach in time for Wishes and they'll keep the meal moving. Congrats!

Congratulations on your upcoming engagement. My husband proposed over Wishes! (which was our first date too). I wanted a beach wedding as well - and we got married on Castaway Cay during a Disney cruise. It can happen!! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Enjoy every moment!

Ok. I really appreciate all the advice. I'm getting very anxious. We will probably only have dessert and coffee for dinner at kona that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter