Getting Dessert on DDP

hcompton

Mouseketeer
When we went this past January, we had the DDP. My SIL had told me when they went, if they didn't want their dessert with either their CS or TS meal, they just told the server they didn't want it and the servers would just charge their DDP account for their meal, but they would have an additional snack credit from their unused dessert. When I tried doing this in January twice, I got strange looks. Instead of getting desserts, I was able to get a bottle of water instead.

Has anyone ever had experience with this? We just don't eat desserts at all of our meals.

It doesn't work that way. The dessert can't be split out from the table service credit.

Thanks. I knew we couldn't get away with it when we went, so I'm not sure how my SIL did it (or thinks she did it! :rolleyes1). I will just keep getting bottles of water in place of dessert at CS meals. :thumbsup2

I'm sure she just thinks she did. You can not get a dessert and not be charged but you don't get an extra snack credit. maybe she didn't know about the snack credits?
If we did CS, usually just to use up the credit on the dining plan (we had deluxe), we would get an extra drink or snack inplace of the entree at the CS (at our resort) instead of the entree, drink & dessert.

A dessert as part of a meal credit is not the same as a snack credit. They can't be separated out.

There was a time awhile back where you could trade your TS meal for a CS plus some extra snack credits (not done anymore, although you can trade a CS for three snacks at most resort CS), but they've never given you a snack credit to make up for skipping dessert on any plan. If you skip dessert, you skip dessert.

What if I'm not a huge dessert fan? Can you get a bowl of fruit or something instead? Almost ALL of my family would prefer the fruit option for dessert...well depending on the dessert choices that is.:)

You will have to ask if you can get fruit or a substitute dessert. I believe they usually have something like that at CS. At a TS it will be more difficult. You will not be allowed to swap your dessert for an appetizer, but you can ask if they have dessert alternatives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter