Getting DAS right away or later in the day?

halssister

Mouseketeer
We have four days to spend in the parks, one park per day. MK is going to be our first day. We plan on doing RD, and initially, I thought we would go to GR and get my son a DAS right away. But now, he is expressing a little interest in maybe riding a few rides (on our one previous trip, he was only willing to do a couple rides), and since it will be busier at the end of Juky than it was on our previous September trip, I think it would be smarter to head straight to one of the rides first and see what we could do riding SB, then use our Peter Pan FP, and maybe head back to GR to get a DAS while we are waiting for time for our meet and greet FPs to come up. I'm honestly not sure we will even use the DAS, but DH thinks we should get one just in case DS really LOVES some of the rides and wants to ride something again later.
So I guess my question is, is there likely to be a shorter line at GR later in the day? Does my plan seem like a good strategy? The only downside I can think of is just having to walk back to GR from the back of the park, but at that point we will probably be wanting to cut through shops and such to get some AC anyway!

It can be hit or miss at guess relations it all depends on why your son need a DAS card. If this is your first time it might hell to say we have tried it with out and this is the problems we are having

I have done exactly what you are talking about. If you are going at rope drop there is no reason to lose out on the short lines only to stand in a long line at GR. Be great if you can get a couple rides done while wait shorter, use your FP+ and then go back when the lines even out at GR, I would.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter