Getting around in Manchester, NH and MA

KennedyMcKenna

Mouseketeer
Hi group,

I thought I'd just throw this out there and see if anyone had any suggestions.

On August 27th, I'll be flying into Manchester, NH and need to get to my hotel in Tweksburg? Mass. What's the most cost effective way to do this?

Thanks so much!
:worship:

do you mean Tewksbury?

Also, do you need to know the best route, or do you mean rent a car vs. public trans? If it's the latter, rent a car.

I imagine you mean Tewksbury, and you will need a car :) Otherwise you willl be stuck there with nothing to do. :(

Hi group,

I thought I'd just throw this out there and see if anyone had any suggestions.

On August 27th, I'll be flying into Manchester, NH and need to get to my hotel in Tweksburg? Mass. What's the most cost effective way to do this?

Thanks so much!
:worship:

Tewksbury. Get on 93 South.

Cost effective way? You have 2 options really. Rent a car or hire a taxi. They would probably run about the same. We aren't big on public transportation around here. ;)
Manchester's a great airport to fly in to but then that's pretty much it.

I sure hope you are going to Tewksbury for a wedding or something because otherwise I'm not sure why someone would vacation there. :confused3

Manchester airport does provide a free shuttle to Boston for ticketed passengers (at least they did hte last time I checked). We have ridden it and it was clean and efficeint. There are a couple of drop points in Boston. So, that can get you into the Boston public transit system. I have no idea where Tewksbury is so I do not know if you will be fine with public transportation once you get to Boston or not:confused3

ETA it looks like the free shuttle no longer exists (we rode it in 2007) but they do haev one for $19 each way with several stops. Here is the link:
http://www.flymanchester.com/transportation/shuttle_service.php

Thank you all!
And as many of you had guessed, I had my destination wrong iy is Tewksbury,MA. I used the priceline negotiator thing and the ended up putting me there and flying me into NH. For the record, it was an amazing deal. Much to my dismay, you have to be 25 to rent a car. I, am 24. It's sad, but true. Thank you all for your suggestions

it still makes me wonder why you are going to tewksbury.. theres nothing there but a home depot and a walmart... i live like 5 minutes from there ... its about a 45 minute drive from manchester airport and it is not any where near public transportation good luck!

it still makes me wonder why you are going to tewksbury.. theres nothing there but a home depot and a walmart... i live like 5 minutes from there ... its about a 45 minute drive from manchester airport and it is not any where near public transportation good luck!

I have a friend who lives in N. Chelmsford that I'm visiting, but just go a phenomenal rate for this place, which from what I gather is about 15-20 minutes from Chelmsford and Lowell.

Do you know of any places that do an inexpensive service? It was about $200 cheaper to come into Manchester rather than Logan.

I come in on August 27th. Leaving shouldn't be a problem because my friend doesn't have to work the day I leave. It's just getting from the airport to the hotel

ok well im in chelmsford as well.. what you might want to do is look at...
http://www.clairlimo.com/ or http://www.flightlineinc.com/

both of these companies do drop off and pick up at manchester airport and drop off in this area... i assume they drop off at hotels... ive only take them from my house to the airport

oh while you are here you HAVE!! to have your friend take you to kimballs its the best ice cream place in the world... your friend should know that... :thumbsup2

Well, I will concede that Kimballs is the best ice cream place convenient to the OP's specific destination - but best in the world? Apparently you've never been to Richardson's Dairy ;)

Well, I will concede that Kimballs is the best ice cream place convenient to the OP's specific destination - but best in the world? Apparently you've never been to Richardson's Dairy ;)

I'm not a big fan of Richardson's... kimballs is adding batting cages and midway games along with the bumper boats and minigolf

Now now ladies and gents, I love ice cream; and think to settle this turf battle we need to form a DIS group who goes around the world picking the best local ice creams. It's the only fair way to settle this. I'll let you know when I win the lottery and we can all quit our jobs to do this.:rotfl2:

I will admit Kimballs is pretty good (I go to the one in Jaffrey) but Arnie's and Concord may be a bit better.

Thank you all!
And as many of you had guessed, I had my destination wrong iy is Tewksbury,MA. I used the priceline negotiator thing and the ended up putting me there and flying me into NH. For the record, it was an amazing deal. Much to my dismay, you have to be 25 to rent a car. I, am 24. It's sad, but true. Thank you all for your suggestions

Depending who you rent from you don't need to be 25, the rental car company will just charge you an extra fee. For instance Alamo will rent to a 21-24 yo for an additional $25/day...not terribly cheap, but may end up costing you the the same as hiring a car service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter