Getting an earlier seat with a late ADR at 'Ohana

donaldsgal

DIS Veteran
For our trip in a couple of weeks, the only ADRs for 'Ohana are after 9 PM. That's just way too late to eat such a heavy meal, in my opinion. I know 'Ohana is very popular; we finally ate there in June of 2014 and really enjoyed it. We'd like to go again, and we made this trip last minute. Is there any chance that I can arrive a few hours earlier, possessing a late ADR, and get an earlier seating during the 5-7 PM hours?

I already know the "check multiple times of day up until your trip" advice. I'm wondering how often people end up getting an ADR at 'Ohana in close proximity to their trip?

Thanks!

If you check constantly a few days out as people get the email reminders and cancel you might get lucky but to take that ADR you would have to cancel the one you currently have and if it's too close to your dining time you could get charged the fee. Most likely you would but if you had a paid bill from there you could probably get the charge reversed. When we were there in December they weren't taking walk ups just telling people to keep checking the app for openings.

With Ohana being so popular, I would say your chances of getting in hours early will be slim to none. They are like the Atlanta or Chicago airport and can somehow be backed up before the first people are even seated! Good luck searching for an earlier time!

We lucked into a 7pm ADR while actually on our trip. I just kept checking a few times a day in the weeks leading up to the trip. Then on Monday morning while on the trip, one popped up for Wednesday. I definitely think it was someone getting the reminder email from Disney Dining and canceling. Definitely don't give up, but keep expectations low. And I agree, 9pm is pretty late for such a heavy meal. Good luck!

Because 'Ohana falls behind schedule fairly quickly on most evenings they were telling early arrivals to come back at the time of their reservation when we were there.

IF they could seat you hours early, you could make an earlier ADR.
Walking up hours early is very unlikely to get you a seat.

I had an ADR at 'Ohana last September for 5 o'clock, I kept checking and a couple of weeks before our trip a 7:30 became available, which was exactly what I was looking for. Keep checking, you'll probably get lucky as your trip gets closer. I'll say also that I almost canceled due to a lot of negative reviews here but I am SO happy I didn't, it was one of the best meals of our entire vacation and we can't wait to have dinner there again this September.

I have showed up early before, on numerous occasions and been seated right away most of the time. My mom is always super anxious when it comes to being on time so we're often very early to every place we go. But I'm not sure you could do it hours before. I work in a restaurant so I know sometimes you have weird breaks in service, or parties are randomly quick, or whatever, where you could fit someone in at an earlier time.

You may be able to check in with them early, but if they tell you no, you may have to find something to do for two-four hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter