Getting all romantical for WDW honeymoon <3

NoCutsies

Easy Diz It
Hi!

So I'm planning our honeymoon. My fiance has never been to Disney but she is totally into checking it out. We are staying offsite near WDW for a week, then heading to Cocoa beach for another week.

I'm looking for romantic things I can do, preferably on the cheap. I've already planned a few expensivish things and some free stuff too. I'd love all your advice!

Here's what I've got so far:
  • Spa package at The Spa in Orlando for her while I go shopping and set up the hotel room all romantical on the first night ($$$)
  • Wishes on the beach at the polynesian
  • Couples retreat package at Mandara @ Swan and Dolphin ($$$$$$$ but sounds really nice, soak in tub then couples massage)
  • Carriage ride @ Port Orleans ($)
  • Maybe some dancing at Disney Springs or CityWalk (any suggestions for good dancing?)
  • In general just being a totally sweet guy

So the Spa stuff is totally killing my discretionary $. Any frugal romantic suggestions would be great! But Maybe I can move some money around so feel free to make any suggestion!

Thanks!!!

Is she really in to spas? I go for massages semi-regularly but twice in one week would be a bit much even for me. I might check out the Wild Africa Trek if she's an animal lover - I'm SUPER bummed we got rained out of this tour on our honeymoon!!! A dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table is expensive but a lot of fun. Otherwise Narcoossee's or California Grill (also spendy) for a great fireworks view from across the lagoon. We also really enjoyed Spice Road Table with a view of Illuminations, the restaurant was very quiet and we got a great view. I'm sure I'll come up with a few more highlights from our three week wedding/honeymoon trip.

Don't forget walking on The Boardwalk in the evening, its beautiful and they have some entertainment after dark.
Piano Player and a juggler among other things.
Also, The Atlantic Dance Hall is there for dancing.

Is she really in to spas? I go for massages semi-regularly but twice in one week would be a bit much even for me. I might check out the Wild Africa Trek if she's an animal lover - I'm SUPER bummed we got rained out of this tour on our honeymoon!!! A dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table is expensive but a lot of fun. Otherwise Narcoossee's or California Grill (also spendy) for a great fireworks view from across the lagoon. We also really enjoyed Spice Road Table with a view of Illuminations, the restaurant was very quiet and we got a great view. I'm sure I'll come up with a few more highlights from our three week wedding/honeymoon trip.

This is a good point. Too much of a good thing right? hmm

And thanks for sharing!

Don't forget walking on The Boardwalk in the evening, its beautiful and they have some entertainment after dark.
Piano Player and a juggler among other things.
Also, The Atlantic Dance Hall is there for dancing.

This is great, thanks! I hadn't really even considered the boardwalk area as I've never been.

If you're going to Port Orleans then go on a night that Bob Jackson is playing! He's a load of fun....
We got a boat from Port Orleans to Disney Springs one night and were the only ones on board. Was lovely.

Okay so I'm looking for some advice.

Which do you think my fiance might like better. Which sounds better to you?

Some things about her:
She has never been to disney world.
She has expressed an interest in seeing the Wishes fireworks.
She has also expressed an interest in couples massages. She actually bought us one for Valentine's day a couple years ago.

So, the choice is between:
Couples retreat package at the Mandara Spa on the last day. Includes 30 minute soak in a private tub and a couples massage.
or
Private Wishes fireworks cruise on the 3rd day of our visit, with maybe a bottle of Prosecco or Champagne.

Some things to consider, the cruise is about $100 cheaper and I'm treating her to a massage/spa package the first day of our 7 day trip. But I won't be with her during that massage as I'll be using that time to set up our room and go shopping. Also, we are visiting in October and I expect MK to be slammed on the day we visit due to it being a non-MNSSHP day.

Last edited:
Okay so I'm looking for some advice.

Which do you think my fiance might like better. Which sounds better to you?

Some things about her:
She has never been to disney world.
She has expressed an interest in seeing the Wishes fireworks.
She has also expressed an interest in couples massages. She actually bought us one for Valentine's day a couple years ago.

So, the choice is between:
Couples retreat package at the Mandara Spa on the last day. Includes 30 minute soak in a private tub and a couples massage.
or
Private Wishes fireworks cruise on the 3rd day of our visit, with maybe a bottle of Prosecco or Champagne.

Some things to consider, the cruise is about $100 cheaper and I'm treating her to a massage/spa package the first day of our 7 day trip. But I won't be with her during that massage as I'll be using that time to set up our room and go shopping. Also, we are visiting in October and I expect MK to be slammed on the day we visit due to it being a non-MNSSHP day.
I'm just beginning to plan our honeymoon to WDW too.

My thought is thas you should do the private wishes cruise. I feel as though you could find the massage anywhere. Do something unique to Disney!

When we were looking for a thank you gift for my SIL (who is taking us to WDW next month), I watched YouTube videos of the Wishes fireworks cruises. I love boats and the idea of being able to watch fireworks without a crush of people sounded great - but the more I watched the videos I realized how far away from the castle you are. More than Wishes, I love Celebrate the Magic, so I didn't want to be that far away. So that's one thing to think about. IllumiNations also has private boats and much closer viewing. (To that end, the first time I saw Celebrate the Magic was the most magical/romantical experience I had. I didn't even see the whole show. We were shopping in the Christmas ornament store in Liberty Square when my husband told me I needed to get outside RIGHT NOW. I watched from the bridge while happy tears poured down my face and my husband at my side grinning ear to ear. It's not the best view from the bridge, but I will never forget it).

I wonder if you should save the couples massage for after your return home. A lovely (and possibly cheaper) way to re-enter your real (now married!) life.

Ah, So you might recommend Illuminations fireworks cruise over Wishes? Thanks for tip!

Has anyone else seen both from the cruise and can recommend one over the other?

I haven't ever done a Wishes cruise, but Epcot is my favorite park so of course I'd do an Illuminations cruise!

One thing I will say is that although you can't see the castle from a Wishes cruise, many people love the peacefulness of being on the water and seeing the fireworks reflected there. I haven't done one, but I interviewed a couple who added a Wishes cruise to their wedding - photos and info here: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/201...wishes-fireworks-cruises/nggallery/thumbnails

I've done two IllumiNations cruises. When they are allowed by the harbor master to pull all the way into Epcot, the view is amazing. But when they have to park under the France bridge and your boat is in the second row back, not so much... Here's my trip report on the GOOD Wishes cruise we did... http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/our-wedding/tot-anniversary-party/

And here's my report on the one where we were back under the bridge... http://disneytravelbabble.com/trip-reports/free-dining/day-2/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter