Getting Advice from the Best!

tweedletwin

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the boards, but a long-time lurker, and a BIG Disney fan since my first trip to Disneyland when I was 5.

I'm currently getting underway planning a very delayed honeymoon to Disney World for my husband and I in December of 2010. (We were married in December 2007). Hubby is an Aussie, and I'm an American, and the craziness that is visa processing meant we had to leave the US without time for my dream Disney honeymoon.

Anyhow, I'd like to surprise him with one romantic dinner while we're there, and was wondering what you guys would suggest. I'm thrilled to find a message board with "Disneyacs" as obsessed, and even more informed than I am!

A quick bit of info: We'll be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm a vegetarian, and DH is a definite carnivore. :goodvibes

Where would you guys go if you were us?

Cheers!

I would suggest an intimate dinner at Victoria and Alberts.........or maybe even try for a seat at the chef's table, though you will be sharing this meal with others.

If money is not object then hands down the most amazing and romantic meal at WDW has to be Victoria and Alberts. The chef will also create an entire menu of vegeterian options, I chose some things off the veggie menu last time we dined there as I dont care for fish. If your not looking to spend quite so much money on a special dinner then I would probably suggest Jiko. Once upon a time I would have said Cali Gril, but we thought it was loud, chaotic and a general dissapointment last time we ate there, it wasnt the romantic meal I had hoped for.
Congratulations on finally getting to WDW for your belated honeymoon! :love:

Jiko was absolutely amazing!! I had the scallops and they were just to die for. It is quiet and romantic. Congrats and getting to go on your honeymoon!

Thanks so much for your recommendations guys! I really appreciate it, and I'm so looking forward to surprising V.

Also, I apologize for the slow reply, I have pretty poor internet access at the moment, so it's tough for me to get online. :D

We have never done signature dining while at Disney but I have read some excellent reviews of Jiko & Artist Point (we are trying Jiko next year). Victoria & Albert's is a little too "get dressed up" for us--we dont' like dressing up on vacation and it is very pricey.

I would suggest an intimate dinner at Victoria and Alberts.........or maybe even try for a seat at the chef's table, though you will be sharing this meal with others.

You don't share the Chef's Table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter