Getting a walk-up at LeCellier...and saying no thanks.

stoudt6

Mouseketeer
Was there for lunch this past sunday and as I went to check in a guy in front of me asked if there was any walk-ups available. Girl said hold on for a minute. Then hostess comes back and said to guy , yes but would be up to 25 minutes to be seated. So they(wife and 2 kids) sit down, i get checked in and are siting there. about 5 minutes later the guy gets up and tells girl they are leaving and here's the kicker "25 minutes is too long of a wait". My wife and I just looked at each other and shook our heads. Landing a reservation there days, weeks, even months out is tough, but getting a 12 O'clock walk-in on Mothers day is next to impossible and saying 25 minutes was too long a wait just baffles me.I've waited 30-45 minutes with a reservation some times.

Wow! Sometimes you have to wait around 25 minutes even if you DO have an ADR! Those people didn't realize how lucky they were to snag one.

from some of the most recent reviews i've read on the new menu they prob didnt miss much and were better leaving than having to wait to get seated and then to get thier food with 2 kids!

I got a same day prime dinner time reservation a few weeks ago - 2 hours notice the week before Easter, and didn't wait to be seated at all either. Our meal was definitely disappointing compared to a few years ago as others have been posting. I didn't think it was SO great the first time either, but good enough I suppose. We even ordered some of the same things. But going back is not even on my radar for future trips, there's too many other better places to go.

I got a same day prime dinner time reservation a few weeks ago - 2 hours notice the week before Easter, and didn't wait to be seated at all either. Our meal was definitely disappointing compared to a few years ago as others have been posting. I didn't think it was SO great the first time either, but good enough I suppose. We even ordered some of the same things. But going back is not even on my radar for future trips, there's too many other better places to go.

See message below! Dont know how my msg got posted twice, but now i cant delete either one! :confused3

Was there for lunch this past sunday and as I went to check in a guy in front of me asked if there was any walk-ups available. Girl said hold on for a minute. Then hostess comes back and said to guy , yes but would be up to 25 minutes to be seated. So they(wife and 2 kids) sit down, i get checked in and are siting there. about 5 minutes later the guy gets up and tells girl they are leaving and here's the kicker "25 minutes is too long of a wait". My wife and I just looked at each other and shook our heads. Landing a reservation there days, weeks, even months out is tough, but getting a 12 O'clock walk-in on Mothers day is next to impossible and saying 25 minutes was too long a wait just baffles me.I've waited 30-45 minutes with a reservation some times.

Something to think about: Maybe the couple didnt realise how popular LC is??? maybe they dont know that ressies are hard to get? perhaps it was their first trip to disney????

I couldnt agree more...I had lunch there a few months ago, and was very disappointed with the food. Service wasnt anything to write home about either. Because there are so many other places i am dying to try, i wont be back at LC any time soon. I might be back in the future thou, once i've dined at pretty much every restaurant in disney.

Was this my husband? :rotfl2:

Back in Nov we scored a walk up for lunch and then decided not to use it and we went to Via Napoli instead....too say I seriously wanted to strangle him is an understatement :lmao:

In "the real world", a 25 minute wait for lunch is a long time. WDW isn't "the real world." Like others have said, some people don't do research, and have no idea how long the waits can be (or total unavailability) for certain WDW restaurants.

A: If i scored a walk up there i would jumb for joy:yay:

B: If the people that checked in before me, left, i may do a cartwheel becasue that means it is one less person that needs to sit before me.:yay::yay:

I'd say they made the right choice. 25 minutes IS too long to wait for an overpriced, bland yet overly salty meal served by a lackluster wait staff. :rotfl:

But seriously, a 25 minute wait for TS without a reservation is nothing at WDW, especially a place that is constantly filled like LC. Obviously their first time and maybe some unrealistic expecations of what it takes to get a table. I'll bet they tried 3 other TS places in WS with longer waits than that and ended up getting a crummy burger at the Electric Umbrella.

I think it is too long especially if you are not on the dining plan...

I can get really good CS all around Epcot for a fraction of the price, why would I wait 25 minutes with 2 hungry kids?

I agree that waiting 25 minutes when going to a restaurant without an ADR doesn't sound so bad, because there was one time where my family and I waited an hour and a half at Boma for dinner and that was with an ADR. Now maybe after they started to wait his wife, kids or himself was really hungry and felt it would be better to get something at a Quick Service location. Although if waiting 25 minutes to be seated was to long for them how could they manage waiting in line for the attractions if the posted wait time was more then 25 minutes.

We had a reservation last week at LC for dinner. We checked in at the stand at the entrance outside, then started walking towards the restaurant for what we thought was to wait for a while for a table. We took a couple pictures on the way in, only to have a CM come up to us to tell us our table was ready! We were shocked! I had read the wait for a table(with a reservation) was at least 15 minutes! We almost always wait at least 15 minutes for any reservation we have had at WDW.

We really enjoyed our dinner! It was the first time I've tried risotto and it was pretty good, though I thought it was a little salty. Perhaps that's the way its supposed to be.:confused3

They probably didn't know. The first time I went to DW I was clueless about a lot of things. I didn't even know they had a dining plan as we stayed at SOG the very first time we went back in 08.

DH and I love Le Cellier. I know a lot of people are hating on it and don't like the food or wait staff, but we have had stellar experiences with the wait staff and the food as well. I don't salt anything but eggs and I never found anything to be too salty. As for the family who left, if you have young kids who are hungry, 25 minutes can be a lifetime!

I'm guilty of something similar. A few weeks back I scored a reservation one afternoon for later that same night. After thinking on it a couple hours, we decided to cancel and had fish n chips in UK instead:rotfl:

While Le Cellier isn't high on my To-Do list, 25 min. wait for anything at WDW is not bad at all.

My last trip, I didn't know what an ADR was. We walked up to San Angel Inn and the wait was 80 min. It was one of our only TS meals (the other was Planet Hollywood :rolleyes:). We were on a budget, but hamburgers got so old. I remember being at HS and not one restaurant had walk-in openings for lunch.

That's crazy!! Maybe they didn't know how popular Le Cellier is.

DH and I love Le Cellier. I know a lot of people are hating on it and don't like the food or wait staff, but we have had stellar experiences with the wait staff and the food as well. I don't salt anything but eggs and I never found anything to be too salty. As for the family who left, if you have young kids who are hungry, 25 minutes can be a lifetime!

It's funny because I was involved in one of those other threads about the salty food at Le Cellier and I said what you said - I rarely use salt and thought everything was fine. Well this trip - my #1 impression of the cheddar cheese soup and my risotto was that I was eating a spoonful of salt. And of course the first thing I thought of was that thread. I have to say I agreed 100% with what those others had posted based on our last meal. I didn't mention this in my earlier post, but I actually only ate about 1/2 my meal because of that. My DH didn't think his was as bad.

We had outstanding servers though - we even took a picture with one of them with my daughter - they were fabulous.

Different strokes....we had a reservation I got about 2 weeks before our trip and cancelled as DH wasn't into it. I am sure its good, but maybe not everyone's thing. We had a fantastic lunch at France instead which I am sure many would say was a bad call...but it was GREAT for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter