• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting a pic of the welcome signs

We always slow down lol. I have to have that pic with the date stamp on my camera. We do make sure no other cars are around as we come in on western way

Another idea, would be to go to DTD Hotel Plaza Blvd., go to the end where the road starts, and take a picture from there, or across the street at Crossroads. If you don't have a car it is a 10-15 minute walk from DTD, along winding sidewalks.

This is what I was going to suggest. There are sidewalks by the DTD Entrance sign. It's a smaller sign, but it's just at a regular intersection with lights.

Another idea, would be to go to DTD Hotel Plaza Blvd., go to the end where the road starts, and take a picture from there, or across the street at Crossroads. If you don't have a car it is a 10-15 minute walk from DTD, along winding sidewalks.

Although the archway is missing there, it still allows for some good photo, because you can pose right in front of the sign:

Walt Disney World Hotel Plaza Blvd. Entrance Sign by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Walt Disney World Hotel Plaza Blvd. Entrance Sign by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

This is the best shot I got of the archway. Feel free to use my picture:

Entering the Happiest Place On Earth - Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Has anyone ever seen enforcement of the "no stopping" signs? In all my travels not once have I ever witnessed it.

actually yes I have I am on property various times of day and night each week pick people up, drop people off, or just visiting myself and its USUALLY WDW Security with the car in the grass and ironically usually right near the "strictly enforced" sign These aren't vehicle breakdowns wish I could show you a picture but ;)...not about to take one

This is what I was going to suggest. There are sidewalks by the DTD Entrance sign. It's a smaller sign, but it's just at a regular intersection with lights.

This is a perfect solution !

also Reto nice pictures I've admired them around the Dis for awhile now always meant to tell you that !

My DH gets it from the passenger's seat every time. I do slow down just a little, but never so slow that I would disrupt traffic. And if he gets it he gets it. If not, we just try again another time. We go through the gates many times in a trip so we always get it eventually.

Here is one of ours - you can use it if you want.

2012-09-29DisneyTrip-07_zps930c3fe9.jpg

Here is one from our most recent trip. Also really nice.

177259_476153052419615_1346381190_o_zps5a5ccd6e.jpg

Just wanted to say that if you go via Magical Express, it CAN be done!

DSCF2440.jpg

Though, you'd have to be willing to lean WAY in the aisle and make a total fool of yourself. But if you have no shame, you can do it! :D

We drove down the last two times, entered property via the EPCOT exit of rt 4, and the police were there, on the right side of the entranceway.

We go to the parks once a week ( AP plus my husband works at DHS) and have never seen actual police but we have seen plenty of accidents... so please don't slow down just to take the picture, you have drivers that don't know the area, guests that are speeding to get to the parks, CM that have to get to work...

About 3-4 years ago we were driving through that area when the car in front of us just stopped to take a pic. Even though we were following a decent space behind them I had to react instantly and drove up the curb a bit to avoid hitting them. The curb was fine, the car in front was fine but it scraped my bumper and messed up my alignment.

It was such a dead stop for no apparent reason (until I saw them get out with a camera) that I just wasn't prepared for it. Bummer way to start the vacation. :(

One of my best sign pictures was in 12-11 when we were driving into HS and I took a picture on the welcome sign on my left.

In May we drove from TX and came in on the toll road 429 to Western Way. We hadn't been that way before and I only got the right side on the sign. There wasn't any traffic so we slow down a little. We were staying the Music so it was a easy way to get there.

If you purchase photopass+ there is a good shot of the sign on the disc of stock photos they give you

Ive always tried to get one on ME but I typically get too into the cartoon showing and have to scramble at the last second to find my camera and it usually turns out pretty bad. I will attempt to try this year, but I have a strong feeling I will forget once again!:rotfl2:

Has anyone ever seen enforcement of the "no stopping" signs? In all my travels not once have I ever witnessed it.

There are cops on Western Way just about every time we go there. And that's about four times a year. That's a place we always make sure we obey the speed limit (well, we do anyway but REALLY make sure we do there).

I'm not sure I would want to risk an accident or a traffic ticket for a photo that can easily be downloaded. Yes, it's not the same as "being there" but there are reasons for not pulling over and having the traffic problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter