• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getawaytoday's character meal voucher question

LittleBlackRaincloud

<font color=red>It's a disguise, not an attitude<b
Ok, on the getawaytoday website, they describe the 'Ariel's Disney Princess Celebration Character Lunch/dinner' voucher this way:

Have a royal time mingling with your favorite Disney Princesses for lunch or dinner at Ariel’s Grotto! Your voucher for the Princess Celebration Character Lunch/Dinner is valid for lunch or dinner at Ariel's Grotto or it may be applied to the cost of any meal at a Resort Table Service restaurant open for lunch or dinner, including Character Dining. Daily operating hours may vary. Applicable Table Service locations include: Ariel's Grotto, Gransville's Steakhouse, Hook's Pointe, Goofy's Kitchen, PCH Grill, Yamabuki, Storyteller's Cafe, Napa Rose, Blue Bayou, Carnation Cafe, Vineyard Room, and Wine Trattoria. Call 714-781-3463 in advance for reservations. Includes tax and gratuity!

So now I'm thinking this sounds like a great deal especially for the BB or Napa Rose...it even includes tax and gratuity for the price of $26.50 per adult. Has anyone used these? Can anyone expand on what exactly is included (app, entree, desert, and drinks?) Does this sound like a good deal to any of you DLR experts? :confused:

My last question about DLR hotel codes has so far left 28 people unable to answer for me...I'm hoping someone has familiarity with this question! I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one who comes up with these obscure questions! ;)

I think you might be reading it wrong.. check this part again

"...or it may be applied to the cost of any meal at a Resort Table Service restuarant..."

It basically lets you apply the dollar amount of the voucher to your bill anywhere else, like Disney Dollars. It no longer includes everything if you use it that way. Ariels Grotto is a fixed meal, everything including a drink is included in the price for everyone, not just with a voucher. You are getting a better deal at AG IMHO because you get soup/salad, entree, dessert, and drink for the one price. At BB for instance, you'd spend a lot more than that if you ordered all of the same items.

Thank you so much! I was reading it wrong, and heard a DUH! in my head when you pointed it out. :thumbsup2 Thanks for straightening me out!

I agree--I think it's probably a much better deal at AG than elsewhere, because in addition to all the food, tax and tip are included. If you went to BB or Napa Rose etc you would still have to add those, I would think, but I'm not really sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter