"Get your elbows off the table!!!" A marathon weekend TR completed 3/22

We arrived at AK at around 9:30.

I was quite surprised to see the AK Christmas tree still up as I expected it to be down. It was really cool because I have never been for Christmas time to see any of the decorations.

In my opinion the AK tree is the best of all the parks. The theme is of it is just perfect for the park.

It was still quite chilly in the morning and from hearing about the 5k from other runners I was glad i wore a sweatshirt today.

We looked around in Discovery Island for a bit.

Then we headed off to Its Tough To Be a Bug! It was closed for refurbishment when I was here in July so I was excited to see it.

The carvings on the Tree of Life are just amazing.

Grandma was ready to become a bug!

After getting stunk up and stung by bugs we headed to Dinoland.

My Aunt, Uncle and I rode Primeval Whirl which was a 10 minute wait. Then we got in line for a photo with Goofy and Pluto.

Joining in as well. So great that you got to take the trip with your grandparents and aunt and uncle.

We haven't eaten at Boma yet, but it's on my list of places I want to try and it really looks beautiful.

Animal Kingdom is also one of my favorites. I'll never understand why so many people would choose to skip it. I think it's a great park.

Hi Ryan! :wave:

Love your Riverside pictures...I've never stayed in the Alligator Bayou section before. Looks really nice!

What an awesome 16th birthday present!! Lucky you!

LOVE Boma for breakfast. So, so good! Definitely stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge at some point - it's so peaceful and relaxing.

I agree with you, having the Christmas stuff up this weekend was surprising. Not sure if they want to wait until the race are done or what? :confused3

Looking forward to the rest! :)

Joining in as well. So great that you got to take the trip with your grandparents and aunt and uncle. We haven't eaten at Boma yet, but it's on my list of places I want to try and it really looks beautiful. Animal Kingdom is also one of my favorites. I'll never understand why so many people would choose to skip it. I think it's a great park.

Thanks for joining in! Definitely try Boma it was really good I hope to try dinner there next. It is a great park I can't wait until the new park areas open.

Hi Ryan! :wave: Love your Riverside pictures...I've never stayed in the Alligator Bayou section before. Looks really nice! What an awesome 16th birthday present!! Lucky you! LOVE Boma for breakfast. So, so good! Definitely stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge at some point - it's so peaceful and relaxing. I agree with you, having the Christmas stuff up this weekend was surprising. Not sure if they want to wait until the race are done or what? :confused3 Looking forward to the rest! :)

I've never stayed in the mansions before only AB. I love POR but also like trying new places. One day I'll hopefully stay at AKL. I'm sure they left the decorations up for the marathon because normally they are pretty quick to take that down.

Great to see pics from Animal Kingdom! We had to skip it last time, so I missed out on Dinosaur, one of my favorite thrill rides. Skipping it wasn't my choice, everyone else liked Hollywood Studios more.

Joining! Happy belated birthday! What a great way to celebrate :thumbsup2. My daughter has ran a few 5ks so I think a Disney run may be in our future! Looking forward to your trip report :)

Joining in! I read your last TR…looking forward to hearing about your latest adventure!! :cool1:

I'm along for the Badger ride!

Go Bucky!

Great to see pics from Animal Kingdom! We had to skip it last time, so I missed out on Dinosaur, one of my favorite thrill rides. Skipping it wasn't my choice, everyone else liked Hollywood Studios more.

That's sucks that you had to skip it. I feel at this point there is more to do at AK than DHS.

Joining! Happy belated birthday! What a great way to celebrate :thumbsup2. My daughter has ran a few 5ks so I think a Disney run may be in our future! Looking forward to your trip report :)

Thanks for joining in. Definitely do the 5k it's a family race so they don't really time you, it's more for enjoyment.

Joining in! I read your last TR…looking forward to hearing about your latest adventure!! :cool1:

Thanks for coming along for my second TR!

Wow, you updated a lot over the weekend! I don't make in on the DIS a lot during the weekends because I'm just too busy. It's much easier to get on when I'm at work. :rotfl:

I remember the days of bomb threats at school. We never minded as long as it wasn't cold out. Nothing like getting out of school early. :thumbsup2 I work for County government now and we get an occasional on here too.

I'm glad you were still able to get into Portobello even though you were running late. I haven't eaten there yet but it's on my list to try someday.

I don't blame you for skipping the West Side. There isn't too much over there. I'd probably skip it altogether if it wasn't for D Street. Love that store because I've become obsessed with Vinylmations lately. My husband Jim really likes the store too because of the Star Wars stuff.

And speaking of Vinylmations, which one did you get? I just started on the new 101 Dalmatians set that came out recently.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of my favorites too. I haven't eaten at Boma yet but do want to try breakfast sometime. Especially for the Simba waffles. I love waffles! I'm not sure how I would do for dinner though because I'm so picky. The menu scares me a little.

I have to agree with you on the AK Christmas tree. It's my favorite of all the Christmas trees, I love all of the animals on it.

Pluto! (yes I do almost yell that out loud when I see him in someone's TR.

Wow, you updated a lot over the weekend! I don't make in on the DIS a lot during the weekends because I'm just too busy. It's much easier to get on when I'm at work. :rotfl: I remember the days of bomb threats at school. We never minded as long as it wasn't cold out. Nothing like getting out of school early. :thumbsup2 I work for County government now and we get an occasional on here too. I'm glad you were still able to get into Portobello even though you were running late. I haven't eaten there yet but it's on my list to try someday. I don't blame you for skipping the West Side. There isn't too much over there. I'd probably skip it altogether if it wasn't for D Street. Love that store because I've become obsessed with Vinylmations lately. My husband Jim really likes the store too because of the Star Wars stuff. And speaking of Vinylmations, which one did you get? I just started on the new 101 Dalmatians set that came out recently. Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of my favorites too. I haven't eaten at Boma yet but do want to try breakfast sometime. Especially for the Simba waffles. I love waffles! I'm not sure how I would do for dinner though because I'm so picky. The menu scares me a little. I have to agree with you on the AK Christmas tree. It's my favorite of all the Christmas trees, I love all of the animals on it. Pluto! (yes I do almost yell that out loud when I see him in someone's TR.
Well it just so happens that our bomb threat day was well below zero outside so wasn't the greatest of circumstances. Yes definitely try portobello it was very good. I didn't want to skip west side because of D Street but I was overruled it was ok tho. I did get a park stars vinylmation at world of Disney tho. Those are my favorite I try to collect the park stars ones. Boma was very good and I loved the unique simba waffles.

Now that school is back in full swing my updates will become slower than they have started. I hope to have part two of Grandma is holding on for dear life tomorrow. Have a great week everyone!

Next to the Goofy and Pluto meet and greet they had a big generic Snowman for Christmas. I don't think dinosaurs can build snowmen :rotfl:

We still had a few minutes before our Dinosaur FP so we just waited outside.

It was finally 11:00 so we walked in. We really didn't need the FP because the line was maybe a 10 minute wait but we used it anyways. I told my grandma before the ride that she may want to sit this one out because she doesn't like big rides with a lot of movement but she still decided to go on.

My grandma was seriously holding on for dear life and she said she didn't open her eyes at all throughout the ride.

Up next was supposed to be Expedition Everest but it was closed down due to technical difficulties. We went to a food cart and grabbed some hot chocolate. We found a bench outside the FOTLK theater. I decided to test some things out on my new camera while we waited until it got closer to the next show. My other grandma (not the one on this trip) got me a Canon Rebel T5i DSLR for christmas this year so I was really excited to use it on this trip.

Soon enough it was time for my favorite show on property the FOTLK!

I took a ton of photos of this show.

joining the trip report and trying to catch up. My family and I were at Disney the same time participating in the races. Visited Magic Kingdom nearly 10 times but Never been to AK and looking forward to your info and pics.

What can I say I just love this show that explains all of the photos.

URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/Rteetz/media/IMG_0728.jpg.html]
IMG_0728.jpg
[/URL]

Up Next: Pauline would not have liked this one!

I had never seen this show before this trip and now I'm so in love with it!
Oh it is a definite must see especially in the new theater I love that new area.

joining the trip report and trying to catch up. My family and I were at Disney the same time participating in the races. Visited Magic Kingdom nearly 10 times but Never been to AK and looking forward to your info and pics.

You have never been to AK?!?! In my opinion it is just as great of a park detail wise as any park in the world. Animal Kingdom may not have a whole lot to do but I think there is much more to this park than roller coasters and rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter