Get yer lugs on we're going to Disney - July 16 TR (update 8/11) Football and Chili's

The TV show don't mention them but the book does. Very superstitious people. The fairies are mentioned in the show.

Unfortunately midges are the scourge of the Scottish summer. They seem to find some people more attractive than others for some reason!

First morning breakfast called for an option that could only be considered on holiday. We headed to Sleepy Hollow. I went to get an order of 4 ice cream cookie sandwiches.
If I could get away with having an ice cream sandwich for breakfast every morning, I ABSOLUTELY would :teeth: And mint chocolate chip is one of my favorite flavors ever. Yum.

He told us about the Festival of Fantasy Parade and asked if we would be able to help him. We said, “Yes, certainly” and he invited us to be the Grand Marshall for the Festival of Fantasy Parade. We said “Thank you” and made arrangements to meet up at 2:30pm.
WHAT?! Oh, this is amazing!! pixiedust: --> look at all that pixie dust!

If I could get away with having an ice cream sandwich for breakfast every morning, I ABSOLUTELY would :teeth: And mint chocolate chip is one of my favorite flavors ever. Yum.

Mint choc chip is the best given I love mint and chocolate. The only downside was I was so busy chatting with the cast member I wasn't really getting to enjoy my ice cream. I am glad that I focused on chatting rather than my ice cream. It was so funny hearing it drip, drip, drip! I really should have gone back another day for a second ice cream breakfast!
WHAT?! Oh, this is amazing!! pixiedust: --> look at all that pixie dust!

I know serious amounts of pixie dust! It was such a great start to our trip!

Unfortunately midges are the scourge of the Scottish summer. They seem to find some people more attractive than others for some reason!

Sounds like the gnats we had in South Carolina. We have mosquitoes, they have a preference for certain people too.

Sounds like the gnats we had in South Carolina. We have mosquitoes, they have a preference for certain people too.

Some people also have allergic reactions to bites. The worst insect bites I've had were in Western Canada. My first stop in Jasper was the pharmacy.
A number of years ago I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour and our guide told us about Disney's insect control which includes releasing dragonflies.

Joining in! SOOO exciting to be in the parade!

:welcome: It's great to have you joining in! :yay:

Day Two Part Three: Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire

Our first Fast Pass window opened at 11:20am so we still had an hour before that. We headed into Tomorrowland. It was pretty busy by this stage. Hannah and I did a full circuit before arriving in Fantasyland. We left the boys in Tomorrowland. They headed for the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.

Tweedledum and Tweedledee were out meeting guests at the Mad Tea Party. I was keen to meet them but was informed they were having a break and would be back at 11am. Hannah wanted to see ‘Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire’ the new castle forecourt show. We have always loved ‘Dream along with Mickey’ and it was for us a soundtrack to being in the Magic Kingdom and although we didn’t always stop to watch it was reassuring to hear the strains of “Join the party, a castle party” and the chant of Dreams come true! We hoped that the new show would be entertaining. We joined the crowd gathered for the 10:30 am show. I had to change my position a bit as children were lifted on top of shoulders. The heat by this stage had reached 37° or 38° C (100° Fahrenheit) and as you know there is no shade to be had at the castle forecourt.

Since many of you will not have seen this show yet I won’t go into too much detail.

Donald objected to the fact that he hadn’t been given sunglasses!

We particularly enjoyed the part with Tiana and Naveen. We really enjoyed Dig a Little Deeper! It was a great high energy dance routine. I loved Tiana's dress.

One notable absence was Louis. As this was only a few weeks after the tragic death of Lane Graves all references to alligators had been removed.

It was good to have Rapunzel and Flynn Rider featured. Tangled when it was released did not get the hype of Frozen. Many people feel that Rapunzel has been hard done to only getting some bathroom in the parks.

I suspect Flynn Rider had his lines written on his hand!

Mickey seemed particularly pleased to meet Olaf although I think he was a bit concerned that he couldn't see Olaf's personal flurry.

Thanks Mickey. We enjoyed your Royal Friendship Faire and your dapper new costumes.

Hannah and I were watching the choreographer up in the tower doing all the moves. This may have been because it was relatively new at that stage but may also be due to the fact that they would have had to rearrange the dance that had Louis in it. Anyway once we had noticed we couldn’t take our eyes off him. It reminded us of when young children are performing and someone sits in the front row and does all the actions for them to follow.

Personally I don’t think we needed any more Frozen and yet another rendition of ‘Let it Go’ but plenty others in the crowd seemed quite excited at the prospect. One word of warning about the pyrotechnics from the show – on multiple occasions when in Fantasyland we saw adults get a real fright and children cry with the unexpected explosions from the show.

Last edited:
We headed into Tomorrowland. It was pretty busy by this stage.

Then move away from the stage!

I had to change my position a bit as children were lifted on top of shoulders.

:sad2: I know parents just want what's best for their little rug rats... and I may have even been guilty of that myself.
Still...

The heat by this stage had reached 37° or 38° C

Holy crap!
Doesn't concrete melt at those temps?

Donald objected to the fact that he hadn’t been given sunglasses!

I was going to say something here... but then I thought.... 37-38... how hot was it in there?

One notable absence was Louis. As this was only a few weeks after the tragic death of Lane Graves all references to alligators had been removed.

Ah yes. Heard of that. I wonder if he's back now.

Tangled when it was released did not get the hype of Frozen. Many people feel that Rapunzel has been hard done to only getting some bathroom in the parks.

Seems odd, doesn't it?

I suspect Naveen had his lines written on his hand!

:laughing:

Hannah and I were watching the choreographer up in the tower doing all the moves. This may have been because it was relatively new at that stage but I also would have had to rearrange the dance which would have had Louis in it. Anyway once we had noticed we couldn’t take our eyes off him. It reminded us of when young children are performing and someone sits in the front row and does all the actions for them to follow.

I wouldn't have been able to look away either! But... what? The choreographer would've been behind the dancers, right? So.... just into it?

Personally I don’t think we needed any more Frozen and yet another rendition of ‘Let it Go’ but plenty others in the crowd seemed quite excited at the prospect.

I think the furor is already starting to wane a bit.

Please...

on multiple occasions when in Fantasyland we saw adults get a real fright and children cry with the unexpected explosions from the show.

Really? Adults? This surprises me.

I'm glad to see the photos of the show. I will most likely always skip the day shows. I don't particularly enjoy being in crowds and in the heat of the day, no way! I'll put up with it for the night stuff bc I love all the lights but daytime stuff...never. So I like getting to see and read about them in TRs!

As far as the choreographer, I'd have done the same thing...watched them the whole time! And that is quite funny about Naveen and his hand....haha.

Looking forward to more!

Then move away from the stage!

:laughing: I see what you did there!

I was going to say something here... but then I thought.... 37-38... how hot was it in there?

Very! If you look carefully in my second photo you'll see someone kindly holding up some sunglasses for him!

Ah yes. Heard of that. I wonder if he's back now.
Yes he made his debut on 13th July.

I wouldn't have been able to look away either! But... what? The choreographer would've been behind the dancers, right? So.... just into it?

They were on the top of one of those little buildings in the hub so were in front of the performers. May have been the director - they were getting right into it anyway.

I think the furor is already starting to wane a bit.

Please...

Well High School Musical died out eventually! My two got trampled once in a HSM stampede at Hollywood Studios and that was by grown ups.

Really? Adults? This surprises me.

I think it just startled some folks as they hadn't anticipated it and I think people generally are more nervous about explosive sounds.

I'm glad to see the photos of the show. I will most likely always skip the day shows. I don't particularly enjoy being in crowds and in the heat of the day, no way! I'll put up with it for the night stuff bc I love all the lights but daytime stuff...never. So I like getting to see and read about them in TRs!

Happy to be of service! Quite right to skip standing in that heat - leave that to silly people like us! The good thing about Disney is you can catch up on Youtube!

As far as the choreographer, I'd have done the same thing...watched them the whole time!

We were transfixed!

And that is quite funny about Naveen and his hand....haha.

Except Hannah has pointed out the errors of my ways "Mum - His Royal Hotness Flynn Rider would not take kindly to being referred to as Naveen!" Sorry Flynn - of course you are the one with the smoulder.

Looking forward to more!

More coming eventually. The download process for Photo Pass is driving me insane.

:laughing: I see what you did there!

;)

Very! If you look carefully in my second photo you'll see someone kindly holding up some sunglasses for him!

Nope. Don't see it. The blurry hand at bottom right?

Yes he made his debut on 13th July.

Ah.

They were on the top of one of those little buildings in the hub so were in front of the performers.

Oh! There! Ok, makes more sense now.

Well High School Musical died out eventually! My two got trampled once in a HSM stampede at Hollywood Studios and that was by grown ups.

:sad2:

I think it just startled some folks as they hadn't anticipated it and I think people generally are more nervous about explosive sounds.

Yeah, I suppose I can see that. Especially considering our current climate.

!Except Hannah has pointed out the errors of my ways "Mum - His Royal Hotness Flynn Rider would not take kindly to being referred to as Naveen!" Sorry Flynn - of course you are the one with the smoulder.

Omg, I didn't even notice! The power of suggestion at its finest...lol.

More coming eventually. The download process for Photo Pass is driving me insane.
Oh yes, I remember that! They seem to make it so complicated!

So neat Tweedledee and Tweedledum were out! I know very occasionally they're seen in MK but it's still rare enough to make it special :goodvibes

I'm glad to see your review of the new stage show; haven't seen many. I'm dying to see it! I did love the old one but I think Royal Friendship Fare sounds and looks great. My goal is to see it next week but as you mentioned, it's HOT now........worst case scenario we'll catch it in November. And I know Louie is back now which is awesome!

That is too funny about Flynn having his lines on his hand, because it totally looks like it :rotfl2:

Nope. Don't see it. The blurry hand at bottom right?

In this photo in the bottom middle you can see the hand holding up the sunglasses. See it now?

Omg, I didn't even notice! The power of suggestion at its finest...lol.

:laughing: I really should stop using my Jedi Mind Tricks!

Oh yes, I remember that! They seem to make it so complicated!

It really should be so much easier to do!

So neat Tweedledee and Tweedledum were out! I know very occasionally they're seen in MK but it's still rare enough to make it special :goodvibes

I would have been happy to wait for them to come back out but Hannah was keen to get to the show. It was cool to see them.

I'm glad to see your review of the new stage show; haven't seen many. I'm dying to see it! I did love the old one but I think Royal Friendship Fare sounds and looks great. My goal is to see it next week but as you mentioned, it's HOT now........worst case scenario we'll catch it in November.
Hope you enjoy it! It's good to have different options. What a fun thing to be able to say - next week..! :cool1:

And I know Louie is back now which is awesome!

We got to meet Louie and Dr Facilier a few years ago which was really cool!

That is too funny about Flynn having his lines on his hand, because it totally looks like it :rotfl2:

Typical musical theatre type! ;) We're onto you Flynn or should that be Eugene Fitzherbert?

Oh my goodness, the heat :crazy2:. I've heard that character costumes have built-in cooling systems. I certainly hope that's true. Those poor CMs :guilty:
I had no interest in catching this show in November, but your review has changed my mind. I'll definitely work it into our plans now.

Oh! I was looking at the wrong photo.

I thought as much! :cool2:

Oh my goodness, the heat :crazy2:. I've heard that character costumes have built-in cooling systems. I certainly hope that's true. Those poor CMs :guilty:

I've heard it's a popular misconception that fur characters have cooling fans. I believe that when the temperature reaches 95°F or higher fur characters working outside only work for 20 minutes at a time. Can you imagine dancing in that heat for 20 minutes?

I had no interest in catching this show in November, but your review has changed my mind. I'll definitely work it into our plans now.

You definitely should! The show is just over 20 minutes and by November it will be a good bit cooler!

Enjoying your report!!!
Thank you and :welcome:. It's good to have you here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts