• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Get Rid of Toy Story Midway Mania FastPass(tm)?

Should WDW Eliminate the FastPass at Toy Story Midway Mania?

• Yes!

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think that removing the FP machines would make the ride worse.

I haven't ridden it in a year and a half due to the insanity of the lines. What they do need is to do is rehab the park in general. They need to add more attractions. I like Star Tours, TSM and enjoy the attractions but it needs an extra something.:thumbsup2 Maybe add an Indiana Jones ride that is different from the Disneyland one or add some more Pixar attractions.

Disneyworld would lose my business and the business of thousands if they did this. I refuse to pay several thousand dollars on a vacation so that I can stand in line for an hour to ride a 5 minute ride. I can't believe how many people do this.

Fortunately, the folks at Disneyworld acknowledge this issue. They are investing millions into setting up a system where guests can reserve times for attractions before they leave home. The execs realize you can not "Let the Memories Begin" when you are standing in a 70 minute line to see Pooh with a screaming 2 year old. I appreciate their efforts with this concern and I look forward to seeing how they tackle these issues.
And if they ever implement a system where people can get "fast passes" while not even in the park they'll lose my business, and probably business of thousands of others as well.

I'm already absolutely disgusted... yes harsh word but it holds true, for how long in advance you're allowed to get an ADR, I imagine that same thing happening with "Fastpasses" on rides. Either they'll have a strict limit like they do with existing fast passes, in which case those people who actually are in the park can't get them since they've been reserved 6 months out by anal retentive planners (and I don't mean that in an insulting way). Or they'll keep fast passes as well, and those standby times will double or triple.

As to the op's question, TSMM gets equally busy without FPs at DCA, so you either spend 10-40 minutes in line to get a shorter wait later, or you wait in line. Remember every person stuck in a long line for that ride means they're not in a line for other rides, making those ride times shorter as a result. Overall though, I think FPs are a good thing, as long as they keep numbers low, and you need to physically get them in the park.

I voted no to getting rid of fastpasses at TSM but yes to Disney putting in another ride for the entire family at DHS. That would take some of the pressure off TSM!

There's no fastpass for TSM at DCA. Sure, the standby line can be long sometimes; but I don't believe there's the every day opening stampede, or the "this is the greatest ride in the world (land?)" view of TSM there, like we see a lot at DHS. Why is this? Is the ride actually any different (other than the queue)? Just more to do elsewhere in DCA/DLR? Hype? Different tastes in Cali? I thought I read that TSM used to have a fastpass there, but it was removed a while after the ride debuted- I can't remember for sure. I'm curious to hear from people who have more experience with the left coast version of this attraction, and if it did in fact have its fastpass sytem removed at some point...

When I was at DCA in August, TSM was about a 30 to 45 minute wait most of the day. I don't think there was ever a fastpass but they did have single rider at one time. California Screamin has a fastpass but the line wasn't that long, maybe 20 min. Both of them are way in the back of the park and there isn't much back there. It will be interesting to see the effect of Carsland.

We have been to DCA twice in the summer and if we did not ride TSMM first thing we could not ride, anytime later in the day and it was always an hour wait and it broke down a lot.

Please do not get rid of FP for TSMM in WDW!!!!!

I vote NO, because I usually walk briskly to Jedi Training Academy while DH heads over to TSM for fastpasses. It is the only way that we get to ride TSM without wasting a good chunk of our day in the stand by line.

I've read all the other posts and agree that Disney Studios needs more family attractions.

As for Toy Story Mania, what if they went to FAST PASS ONLY? Do away with the standby line and only allow people to ride via Fast Pass? They could double the number of machines to help ease the morning rush. Preventing someone from getting a second Fast Pass until after say Noon, and then a third until after 5pm, would help ensure FP would be available to later arrivals.

No standby (perhaps a single rider standby to fill in gaps), and more fast passes to distribute - what do you think? Would you like this plan?

I don't think they should do away with the FP at all. FP is amazing! I think the real issue is it is one of the only rides in the park for all ages so it is going to be like this until the Pixar land is built.

Yes the FP is always gone and the wait is usually 50 plus minutes. We have waited several time in line for the 50 mins, sometime we get a fast pass and sometime we skip it.

As a former Disney employee, I can say with confidence that the elimination of fast pass from all Disney attractions would greatly benefit all guests. The ratios of Fastpass/ standby that Disney currently allows to pass through their lines is appalling (think 95 fastpass guests to 5 standby). If Fastpass as an entire system would be eliminated, I can almost guarantee that the waits times for everything would be under 45 minutes on even the most brutal of days.

Unfortunately, this will never happen. Too many people insist that they love Fastpass and would be unable to imagine riding their favorites without it.

After dealing with the craziness at Disney's California Adventure park where they do not have fast passes for Toy Story Mania, I have to vote to keep the fast pass machines at DHS. We waited in a line for over an hour in CA and had the ride break down on us. Definately not a good experience. I much prefer the option to get to TSMM right away in the morning and use standby or grab a fast pass as fits our schedule.

As someone who clearly remembers waiting almost two hours for Space Mountain in the 80s (and more than two hours for Test Track in the 90s), I would HATE to see any fastpass rides lose that option. It's so much nicer to have a chance to ride without long lines (which I can't do). I have hope to ride multiple rides with long lines while there are fastpasses - without them, I can only ride at the beginning of the day.

I say keep em.

Yes please! I would be very happy to see FP taken away from TSM

I think FP is a great thing for everyone (that can get them). Until dead space is turned into family friend "rides" DHS could go to only honoring the return times. This would keep the FP lines only with numbers as projected and the system the way it was intended to run.

In 5 trips to WDW with DS4, FastPass was the only way we could get on TSMM and we have only ridden it twice. The first time, when DS was 1, we actually walked on with a minimal wait. Three subsequent times, our FP window was so late, we gave our FP's away because DS either fell asleep or we had to leave so he could nap. We finally got on again on our last trip only because TSMM was down for most of the day. We still grabbed a FP with the hope it would open back up. Our FP was for around 2 pm - a really bad time for DS, who needed to go back to the hotel to nap. We went back that night and TSMM was finally running with a 120 minute wait - they honored our earlier FP and we got on the ride. So, I'm going to vote to keep it because it certainly allowed us to ride on our last trip!

They don't need to eliminate FP, and they don't need to increase TSM capacity.

What they need to do is add more family friendly rides (rides, not shows, not some other form of attraction) at DHS.

As a former Disney employee, I can say with confidence that the elimination of fast pass from all Disney attractions would greatly benefit all guests. The ratios of Fastpass/ standby that Disney currently allows to pass through their lines is appalling (think 95 fastpass guests to 5 standby). If Fastpass as an entire system would be eliminated, I can almost guarantee that the waits times for everything would be under 45 minutes on even the most brutal of days.

Unfortunately, this will never happen. Too many people insist that they love Fastpass and would be unable to imagine riding their favorites without it.

I really cant imagine how no FP system would be better. I as many others here have gone pre FP days, and the lines were brutal. My DH (then fiance) swore he would never go back after we waited in summer heat for 2 hours to ride Splash. Now bc of FP he cant get enough of the place:goodvibes

And we have been to both WDW and DL and the differences btw the rides tht have FP and those that dont make riding very diffcult. Peter Pan does not have FP in DL and if you dont ride it first thing, you can almost forget about it. Same thing there with TSMM, if we did not ride it early or one time after it broke down the line was always an hour or longer.

I do NOT want to go back to the pre FP days, and when we go to other parks, like Hershey Park, we are always commenting how much we miss the FP system that WDW has.

We wouldn't ride TSM without fastpasses. It wouldn't be worth it for us.

I don't see how getting rid of fastpasses would make the waiting times shorter. I remember waiting in seemingly endless lines at one time.

I voted no. As an AP holder I go to WDW several times a year. DS is my least favorite park and until TSM was added, it was the one park I'd frequently skip. Now I'm there for rope drop, grab a fast pass, then get into the regular line. I always ride it at least twice. Without fastpass we wouldn't be able to do that.

Since I also go solo several times a year, what I'd like to see more of are single rider lines. Not just for TSM, but for all the rides. Fill up those empty seats with solo riders and the lines would be shorter for everybody.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter