Get Rid of Toy Story Midway Mania FastPass(tm)?

Should WDW Eliminate the FastPass at Toy Story Midway Mania?

• Yes!

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think FP should be eliminated for all rides.

Disneyworld would lose my business and the business of thousands if they did this. I refuse to pay several thousand dollars on a vacation so that I can stand in line for an hour to ride a 5 minute ride. I can't believe how many people do this.

Fortunately, the folks at Disneyworld acknowledge this issue. They are investing millions into setting up a system where guests can reserve times for attractions before they leave home. The execs realize you can not "Let the Memories Begin" when you are standing in a 70 minute line to see Pooh with a screaming 2 year old. I appreciate their efforts with this concern and I look forward to seeing how they tackle these issues.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2011/02/19/could-booking-disney-ride-reservations-from-home-work-for-all/

I agree with those who said that DHS needs to improve THE Park...not downgrade a ride's FP capacity. Build more, new, exciting stuff in the currentlyu lackluster park and it will thin out the lines for TSMM. I'm stymied that there hasn't been a major overhaul to this park. It needs a DCA-style makeover...add Radiator Springs, Muppet studios, etc...

There's no fastpass for TSM at DCA. Sure, the standby line can be long sometimes; but I don't believe there's the every day opening stampede, or the "this is the greatest ride in the world (land?)" view of TSM there, like we see a lot at DHS. Why is this? Is the ride actually any different (other than the queue)? Just more to do elsewhere in DCA/DLR? Hype? Different tastes in Cali? I thought I read that TSM used to have a fastpass there, but it was removed a while after the ride debuted- I can't remember for sure. I'm curious to hear from people who have more experience with the left coast version of this attraction, and if it did in fact have its fastpass sytem removed at some point...

When I was at DCA in August, TSM was about a 30 to 45 minute wait most of the day. I don't think there was ever a fastpass but they did have single rider at one time. California Screamin has a fastpass but the line wasn't that long, maybe 20 min. Both of them are way in the back of the park and there isn't much back there. It will be interesting to see the effect of Carsland.

A better solve to this problem would be to upgrade the park a bit. Two or three more rides. Maybe work over the Backlot tour into a bigger Pixar Place or Cars Land like in California. Put in some family rides and maybe one thrill ride. Give us more to do.

Totally agree!!! :thumbsup2 If they got rid of the backlot tour, they would have a large piece of land to work with. Sounds Dangerous is empty the majority of the year, the Prince Caspian building is still empty as well.

Rehabing the park and adding some new attractions would take the pressure off of TSM (of course, it would probably just move the crowds to a new attractions, but that's beside the point...)

The problem isn't the presence of FT. The problem is the lack of another all-age attraction in that park. Treating a symptom will not solve the problem, and can actually make it worse.

We almost did't ride TSMM at DCA last summer because of the lack of FP. I hated that it didn't have it. At least at DHS I know the drill and if I want to ride, I can do so with little hassle involved. Just have to be there early and I know that.

FWIW....... I've never done a "running of the bulls" and have no intention of ever doing so. We wait for the smoke to clear, then get our FP's and do it later. No big deal, no hassle. At all.

Disneyworld would lose my business and the business of thousands if they did this. I refuse to pay several thousand dollars on a vacation so that I can stand in line for an hour to ride a 5 minute ride. I can't believe how many people do this.

Fortunately, the folks at Disneyworld acknowledge this issue. They are investing millions into setting up a system where guests can reserve times for attractions before they leave home. The execs realize you can not "Let the Memories Begin" when you are standing in a 70 minute line to see Pooh with a screaming 2 year old. I appreciate their efforts with this concern and I look forward to seeing how they tackle these issues.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2011/02/19/could-booking-disney-ride-reservations-from-home-work-for-all/

I completely agree with you. If we were waiting 40+ minutes for each ride all day, we definitely wouldn't be going to WDW anymore. With the current system we can be there at the front at rope drop, and using fastpasses we don't ever have a wait over 20 minutes for anything. For us, any wait that is significantly longer wouldn't be any fun. I don't mind being the FP runner for TSM, and if there wasn't a FP, our family probably wouldn't ride it. Definitely not if the wait was longer than 25 minutes or so.

And we will be all over the advance xpass reservations once we can do it. :)

I vote NO not to get rid of the FP machine because I feel if people are willing to dash to it to get a FP then they should be able to do it.

Maybe DHS needs a few more actual rides to take the stress off of this ride.

Im inclined to say no. The standby would be even crazier than it already is. Also, like other people have said, what they should do is expand the ride. They ought to make a duplicate, imo.

No..We like the FP option.It means we get to ride more than once..Anyway, it isn't the FP that keeps this ride packed, it is the total LACK of family friendly rides at DHS..

Having visited DCA with frequency, believe me... you don't want to eliminate the FP option.

A better solve to this problem would be to upgrade the park a bit. Two or three more rides. Maybe work over the Backlot tour into a bigger Pixar Place or Cars Land like in California. Put in some family rides and maybe one thrill ride. Give us more to do.

Agree100%
We were there a couple of weeks ago. Got to DHS about 10 a.m. and got FP for 12 people to return at 5:30. It worked great and we all love the ride.

We never do RD and would never run with a stampede to get anything. More new and exciting rides would spread the crowds out.

We love TSM and love DHS in general. It is just that the crowds throughout WDW are out of hand. Give us more to do in EVERY park or a 5th gate please:worship:

I have a different reason than many--I don't want them to get rid of it because it would totally ruin my HS morning:

RD
TSM standby
RnR fastpass
Breakfast at Starring Rolls
Star Tours
ToT
RnR with fastpass
Leave.

I'm always finished with Hollywood Studios by lunch because that's all I want to do there. I may shop there, because the shops are cool, but otherwise it's not my favorite place.

I don't think they should remove the fast pass machine.. BUT.. I do think they should add a single rider line.... I do NOT understand why they don't have one.. it really makes no sense at all. That is a ride that often is loaded with one empty seat in each car...A single rider line would take several people out of the regular line... and load the ride more efficiently... reducing wait times throughout the day. Makes sense to me....

I don't think they should remove the fast pass machine.. BUT.. I do think they should add a single rider line.... I do NOT understand why they don't have one.. it really makes no sense at all. That is a ride that often is loaded with one empty seat in each car...A single rider line would take several people out of the regular line... and load the ride more efficiently... reducing wait times throughout the day. Makes sense to me....

When we were there week before last, they were pulling out single and 2 member parties to fill in. So they while there wasn't an advertised single rider line, they were accomplishing the same thing.

I think they ought to move the TSM fast pass machines over by Mama Melrose or the old Hunchback theatre! That would spread the crowds out - So they'd either GO to TSM and get in line or go to the FP Machines. There's lots of empty territory over in the other side of the park.

They did have a single rider when it first opened, that's why there are 2 lines going up the steps. My guess is too many people used it as an alternative to standby and it was too long.

I have a different reason than many--I don't want them to get rid of it because it would totally ruin my HS morning:

RD
TSM standby
RnR fastpass
Breakfast at Starring Rolls
Star Tours
ToT
RnR with fastpass
Leave.

I'm always finished with Hollywood Studios by lunch because that's all I want to do there. I may shop there, because the shops are cool, but otherwise it's not my favorite place.
Wow, you tour like I do...great minds.

It seems like the only people that would want to eliminate the FPs for TSM are those that don't or won't get there early in the morning. It almost turns into another one of those fairness arguments - "well, if I can't get a FP, then no one else should get one either, and we'll wait in the line together". Kumbaya.

No thanks - that's why we get there early in the morning, so we can ride TSM more than once.

That's it exactly. At DCA there are more rides in the park overall, and more importantly there are more FAMILY rides. At Studios, TSM is the only headliner suitable for children of all ages. Even the few other rides without height restrictions (Great Movie Ride, Backlot Tour) contain elements that make them potentially scary for younger children, as do the rides with 40" rules (Star Tours, Tower of Terror). DCA has many other attractions to more evenly disperse the young child & non-thrill rider crowds; Studios doesn't so they remain concentrated at TSM.

Yes yes and yes. I loved HS when I was younger because I was a major Disney nerd already, so I loved the stage shows, the GMR, One Man's Dream, Magic of Disney's Animation, etc. But I think HS has so much going for it with those "novelty" attractions, but it falls behind the other parks in terms of rides for everyone. I think TSM grabs so much attention because of that. On the other hand though, it's great for people like me who want to do TOT and RnRC over and over in the morning...

I think getting rid of the FP entirely is a bad idea though. Even though it's competitive, it still accomplishes what it sets out to do imo.

I remember the days, when it wasn't uncommon to spend 2 hrs. in line for most rides during the summer. This was pre-FP days. Obviously, there were no shortage of people giving WDW their business. At that time, people were in line instead of spending time in the restaurants & shops. Disney is a business. FP was a way to get guests out of line & spending more money. The fact that guests also benefit is an added bonus. All that said, I definitely wouldn't want to go back to long lines. Long live FP! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter