• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Get Off The Ship - we are running out of towel animals! Update 10/25 Day 31

here is the picture of Molly showing Karin how to loom
P1070300_zps0b3ba015.jpg

P1070312_zpsb25050db.jpg

I have pictures from the water parade and the wishes fireworks i will post a few more ae photobucket works with me :goodvibes

What a great update! I just love that you were able to meet up with DIS friends and spend the whole day together - and what a great day it was!

disney67, your pics are great!

Karin, I am loving the pictures of BOG and MK:cloud9: (thank you disney67 as well)

Sorry to hear of your delay, but Business Class and a little compensation:thumbsup2 Nice!!!

Tell Tom "Dalmation Day" is AWESOME :goodvibes

Just a short update on our claim with the airline, before I will do replies and and update tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Our compansation went through and the airline paid 1200 Euros. 300 Euros go to the lawyers, but that still leaves us with

900 Euros (1200 US dollars!)
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Just a short update on our claim with the airline, before I will do replies and and update tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Our compansation went through and the airline paid 1200 Euros. 300 Euros go to the lawyers, but that still leaves us with

Woot woot! Sounds like a good down payment on another Disney trip!

Jill in CO

Wonderful update and I think I know what I will get at my dinner at BOG in December , that Pork chop looks very good !!!! Loved the pix of all of you, you looked very intent learning how to make those bracelots with Molly!! Great news about your compensation !!!!!

Great news Karin!!!

Great news!!! :woohoo:

What a lovely and fun day! Mini golf looks like a blast and the detail in the course is amazing.

Yay :cool1: for scoring a BOG ADR and being able to go as one big group. You are right - kids really add to the magic. :thumbsup2

Now I am on pins and needles as I hope everything works out with your fireworks cruise. I know how much you enjoyed it last year and it really looks like a wonderful time. Can't wait to read all about it!

It was the perfect start to our vacation - having fun and doing things we had not done in a long time. :thumbsup2
Not to take anything away, but we did have a wonderful fireworks cruise with lots of friends. :cloud9:

Your dinner looks very tasty! I was wondering how the mini golf course looked, now I know! We wanted to try it, but ran out of time.

It's fun to see WDW through the eyes of a child, but I still love our child free trips! LOL

We really had a fun day that day and dinner was really nice too!
Since we always have "child free" vacations, this one was so different with seeing the excitement in those kids eyes - the innocence with which they enjoyed it was just unbelievable. :love:

I have to play catch up , real life gets in the way of my true love for Disney Urgh i want to live in Fla and work for disney already !!!!!!

OK CONGRADULATIONS on Dalmation day , I would only love to dream of going there one day , But i really have hard descsion on going to disney or Austria after seeing pictures from another friend who is there now on vacation sending pictures it is a Beautiful sight to see !!!!!!

and you say seeing the kids having fun did you not see the bigger kid having a blast too ???

Also from being from NY I love the NY Mets logo on the floor !!!!
and we all had such a blast having breakfest with you guys even tho it was your second time around :goodvibes and also we did not use sunscreen either and i felt it and was avoiding the sun for shade after my turn every hole .

Jeff, first off, thank you for adding all the photos! :hug:
Don't worry about having to play catch up - I have to do that ALL the time. ;)

Okay, I correct myself - ALL the kids (old and young) did have A LOT of fun. :lmao:

You know, when we were last at the Hotel New York in DLRP we thought of you a lot. They even have a yellow cab for kids to have pics taken in and a real one outside. Reminds me of you every time we walk past. :hug:

Great day Karin
We love playing mini-golf at WDW
Looking forward to trying BOG for dinner in December :)

We used to play mini-golf when the tickets came with the UK package. :rotfl: Now, that we have APs we talk about it but never made it back until this summer. ;)
BoG is a really neat experience. We have been for lunch and dinner and both are great in their own special way. :thumbsup2

Disney67- I think your pictures look great! So nice to see Karin and Tom "in action'- I bet your kids love them!

Karin- the golf looked like a ton of fun- we have not played that course yet, just the other one.

And I STILL need to eat at Olivia's!!! UGH!!! What am I waiting for????:rotfl:

We LOVE Molly and Philip! Such nice kids, very well behaved and so fun to be around. :cloud9:
Ellen, you really NEED to try Olivia's. It definitely is a hidden gem, so laid back and nice and the food is really good too. :thumbsup2
Oh, and go and try the Winter/Summerland mini-golf. Just remember to apply sunscreen before you go there, or you will be roasted like we all were. :rotfl2:

I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your TRs. It's so much fun and sometimes I feel like I'm there with you (perhaps just wishful thinking). Please keep writing on so I can continue to read on..... :thumbsup2

Thank you for your kind words! :goodvibes
It amazes me how many people follow our trip reports and I really love to get feedback from everyone. :thumbsup2
More coming up shortly, I had a lot to do last week, but I promise to post some more updates this weekend. ::yes::

I hope your fireworks cruise goes off without a hitch. I love the BOG photos. We got a reservation for March and I can't wait to go back and try it again!!!
I hear the grey stuff is now on the menu.

The cruise was the perfect ending to the day. It was really pixiedust: a magical experience. :goodvibes
I hope we can get a lunch reservation (fp+ one) for February - the slow cooked pork dish they had was out of this world last time and we really would love to have it again.
Don't they have a Grey Stuff cupcake now? I was wondering all the while why they would not put it on the menu? It really adds to the experience to be able to try the grey stuff - it's delicious! :rotfl2:

What fun playing miniature golf. We had people let us go ahead of them which was nice because they were having so much fun and laughing that they had people lined up behind us. :rotfl:

I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at BOG.

I have a friend on the DIS whose daughter makes those bracelets and I bought a few from her. She thinks the money she is making is going into her "Black Friday" shopping fund. Little does she know that she is going to Disney the same week we are.

Isn't it funny that we both went to the same mini-golf course this summer? We let a lot of people go ahead as there were 6 of us (well, we were divided into two groups) but we had so much fun and laughed so much that people were queueing up behind us. ;)

These are cute little bracelets - I wanted to make them with my pupils but can't find the right material. Maybe I can pick up enough once we go back to the US. :thumbsup2

Great day you had with Jeff, Lily and the kids. I heard from Jeff what a great time you guys had. I know I keep saying this...I just wish I didn't have to leave 4 days before you got there. :sad1: We loved BOG. We took Scott there 2 weeks ago, so happy I got to eat there twice, once with Rachel and then Scott. :) We also tried the grey stuff...and it was delicious!!

It were a few perfect days with them - such a shame you couldn't stay a little longer. But glad you got to go back to WDW so soon. :thumbsup2

Please tell Tom that he does an excellent job with the pictures :thumbsup2

Ugh, what a mess with the fireworks cruise. Good thing you called after the first CM wasn't much help.

Awesome that you guys got Guest of Honor! :cool1:

And I totally agree with you on the Peoplemover. That is definitely one of our favorite rides at the MK! So peaceful and gives you a chance to recharge while still doing something.

Dinner at BoG looks delicious! So glad you guys enjoyed your dinner there!

We were just happy that the fireworks cruise went off without any more problems in the end.
We just love the Peoplemover. Best way to people watch! ;)

Dinner was really good. But we enjoyed lunch there just as much. :thumbsup2

Oh boy do they love to be with both of them !!!!!!!
it was tons of fun just wish it was not as hot ?
I said the same thing about Olivia's and OMG it was worth it !!

It was extremely hot those first few days. But spending time with you and your lovely family made all the sweat worth while. :rotfl:
Glad you enjoyed Olivia's. We just love it there and you can always walk up, they are very rarely fully booked. :goodvibes

Oh WOW! That looks great. Going on the food bucket list!

You really should try Olivia's. It is a great restaurant for any meal and OKW is just great to visit too. :thumbsup2

Stumbling in, late to the party, but thrilled to read about a Fantasy back to back!

Our last cruise was August 2012 our next one isn't until August 2014 and I am in serious DCL withdrawal. Hoping reading your report will help me with that a bit.

Welcome! :goodvibes
You're not late at all, we still have more than 30 days to go. ;)
Don't tell me about DCL withdrawal, we just got off the ship a few weeks ago and we cannot wait to go back. We have another cruise in 19 weeks and it cannot come soon enough. :lmao:

What a great update! I just love that you were able to meet up with DIS friends and spend the whole day together - and what a great day it was!

disney67, your pics are great!

We were lucky as we had another day and a half to spend together. For us it was the perfect start to our wonderful summer vacation. :goodvibes

Karin, I am loving the pictures of BOG and MK:cloud9: (thank you disney67 as well)

Sorry to hear of your delay, but Business Class and a little compensation:thumbsup2 Nice!!!

Tell Tom "Dalmation Day" is AWESOME :goodvibes

I am glad you enjoyed the pictures of our MK day, Jeanette. :goodvibes

Well, looking back at the delay today .... I don't mind that much any more, since they forked over a lot of money for the delay. :rotfl2: And business class helped a lot with passing the time. ;)

Isn't the term Dalmation Day so funny? He picked it up on some of the boards he frequents. :thumbsup2

Woot woot! Sounds like a good down payment on another Disney trip!

Jill in CO

How did you guess it is going towards another Disney trip? :rotfl2: Should pay for the Hotel New York in January! :goodvibes

Excellent news, Karin

Thank you, Kathy. I could not believe how fast it went through and that they really are paying the full amount.
We are so happy! :goodvibes

Wonderful update and I think I know what I will get at my dinner at BOG in December , that Pork chop looks very good !!!! Loved the pix of all of you, you looked very intent learning how to make those bracelots with Molly!! Great news about your compensation !!!!!

I am glad you enjoyed the update, Rosie. We loved BoG and Tom's pork was delicious, but the salmon was wonderful too!
Making those bracelets was not as easy as I initially thought. :rotfl2: But Molly was a patient teacher. ;)
Tom and I were thrilled to read about the compensation going through. Best way to start the weekend. :goodvibes

Great news Karin!!!

Thank you, Elaine! :goodvibes

Wow that is great news, a nice chunk for your next vacation!

Thank you, Doris! It indeed is great news - that should pay for our January Hotel New York stay. ;)
Any penny "earned" needs to go to Mickey's pocket. :rotfl2:

Great news!!! :woohoo:

Thank you, Roni!
When we handed the case over to the law firm I was not even sure we would get anything out of it, let alone the full amount.
I was pretty shocked when I got the email yesterday, as in all the reports about compensation it said it took about 50 - 60 days to get anything. It only took us three weeks! :dance3:

:woohoo: :dance3: :yay: I don't think there are enough dancing icons to show how excited I am for you! Bet I can guess the good that money will go toward:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter