Get Off The Ship - we are running out of towel animals! Update 10/25 Day 31

Love the room view. Very nice! I just love the BC.

Those were some super cute T-shirts in England.

I have never eaten inside at R&C. I always sort of imagined it to be busy and loud in there, but one of these days I really want to sit at the bar. That is still on my bucket list.

Super yummy looking treats at the BW. We are staying there this summer with my boys. OMG - they are going to die when they see that. :rotfl2:

Good 'ol Krispy Kremes!

The Villa looked great !! I haven't had mushy peas in years , but used to love them. I make a shepherds pie that is similar to the cottafe pie, I do have to try their fish and chips one day. The Cupcake looked delish!!
I am sorry for being absent so much and for sooo long. Just to much going on with both jobs the family and the holidays I have haD LITTLE TIME AND WHEN i DID i WAS JUST TOOOO TIRED .

It is a beautiful resort and the villa and its location were just great!

Rosie, I know how it feels when it seems that 24 hours in a day are just not enough. I have been on holiday for 12 days now and this is the first time I find time to do some updates. :scared1:

Love the room view. Very nice! I just love the BC.

Those were some super cute T-shirts in England.

I have never eaten inside at R&C. I always sort of imagined it to be busy and loud in there, but one of these days I really want to sit at the bar. That is still on my bucket list.

We have eaten in there quite a few times and it IS very loud. But it is still a nice restaurant. :thumbsup2

Super yummy looking treats at the BW. We are staying there this summer with my boys. OMG - they are going to die when they see that. :rotfl2:

Good 'ol Krispy Kremes!

There are always so many yummy sweets at the Boardwalk Bakery. It is so hard to just choose one. :rotfl2:

Now I want a snack. LOL. Cupcakes ...donuts....mmmmm!

Cupcakes and doughnuts, perfect vacation food. :rotfl2:

Hi Karin,
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I finally had a few moments so I was able to catch up on this report!!!
I hope you both had a wonderful holiday season. I miss you both so much!!!

Hi Karin,
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I finally had a few moments so I was able to catch up on this report!!!
I hope you both had a wonderful holiday season. I miss you both so much!!!

Michelle!
Happy New Year to you and your family as well. Hope Angie's health improves soon and she will be a smiling young lady again.

We miss you too! Keeping my fingers cross that we get to see you soon.

That one bedroom at the BCV looks so nice and pretty. I can't wait to stay there again. You got a very nice location.

Steak and Shake has just started to come to California, but we've mostly eaten at them in the Midwest. I just love their burgers and fries!

Those shirts in the UK are so cute. Dinner at Rose and Crown looks delicious. I would love to have some fish & chips right now!

Yay for more days of vacation!

Hi, Alison! Where is the nearest Steak & Shake?

Really enjoying your updates! Getting off the ship is so bittersweet; so sad! You think like me!!! I love desserts! Yummy looking cupcake!

Your villa looks so pretty and spacious!

I loved the British shirts!

Really enjoying your updates! Getting off the ship is so bittersweet; so sad! You think like me!!! I love desserts! Yummy looking cupcake!

Your villa looks so pretty and spacious!

I loved the British shirts!

Yes, getting off the ship is never fun, but we had another two weeks to look forward to, so it was quite okay. ;)

The villa was really beautiful and especially since we are only two people it is like a real home. :thumbsup2

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 19, August 25

A slow start to a long day …… - Part 1

We slept in a bit, then got ready and thought about where to have breakfast and finally came up with the idea of walking over to the Yacht Club and find out if we could get into the Captain’s Grille. No problem there and we were seated within minutes. They offered a buffet and an a la carte breakfast, but for once we opted to try the buffet and found it very nice. Lots of different breakfast fare and we both found enough things to try.

We both loved the Frittata and fresh fruit. I tried their Bread-pudding and a Mickey Waffle, while Tom had a biscuit and some more fruit. We sat for quite some time and enjoyed our breakfast. When we walked back to our villa, we passed Stormalong Bay and decided that we wanted to give the pool a try, so once we had changed into our swimsuits we walked back to the pool.

And were a bit taken aback as the pool had gotten really full. We walked back and forth to find lounge chairs and finally found some at the very back. We left our towels and clothes on the chairs and then took a dip in the pool. But as fun as it was, it was hard to swim as the pool was full of people on tubes floating along so after a short while we gave up and headed back to our seats. Once we had dried off a bit we put on our cover ups and then headed back to our villa.

We took showers and got changed and then headed out to do some shopping. We went to Walmart and Staples and picked up a few things and when we got back to our villa we had a nice late picknick lunch of some salad, sandwiches and a glass of wine, finishing off with some coffee and the rest of the sweets we had bought the day before.

We loaded the washing machine with a load a dirty laundry and then headed down to the quiet pool for some relaxing pool time. The quiet pool was just as its name suggested, very quiet. A few people in the hot tub and just three or four in the actual pool. We swam a few lengths of the pool, then just floated holding on to the side of it and watching the skies.

They had turned from a nice blue to a rather depressing grey and we were sure it was going to rain soon. So, as soon as it really started to rain we left the pool, dried ourselves off a bit and hot footed it back into the resort, where we again took showers to wash off the pool water and then made ourselves comfortable in front of the TV. We weren’t in any hurry, so we really enjoyed that down time. Around 5pm the rain had stopped and we were on our way out the door again. This time we were bound for Epcot. We entered through the International Gateway and headed straight to France. We peeked into the new boulangerie and took a good look at the baked goods they offered

and decided that if they still had some, we would pick up some baguette on the way back to our villa. We strolled further on and stopped at the new little ice-cream parlour to have a look and maybe try some on the way back. We then proceeded on to Morocco

and Japan.

We love to go through the shop there and have a look at all the goodies they sell, and that was exactly what we did.

To be continued ............

I must be hungry because even the donut box looks tastey!

Nice time at the quiet pool. I noticed when I was there that hardly anyone went to it.

Your villa view is gorgeous.

All the food looks pretty amazing. We are going to WDW in August and our 180 day reservation window opens up in February, so I'm looking at menus now trying to decide where we should go. Each vacation, I like to include at least one or two new places mixed in with some of our "must haves". I currently have a restaurant list that would require us to vacation for much, much longer than a week! :)

That Captain's Grill breakfast looks really good! And they gave you a tea pot - don't you wish they would do that on DCL as well? ;)

I absolutely adore the shop in Japan and seem to buy something there on every visit. And even if it is just some milk-soda chewy candy. Katharina and I discovered that on her first visit and it has since been on the top of my WDW shopping list ever since! Mitsukoshi used to have a shop in London and I was able to buy it there once, but I have since heard that it has closed. We have not been lucky to find it in any "Asia-Shop" here in Germany. Japan is high on my list of future travel plans (not only because of Tokyo Disneyland though) and I plan bring back plenty of that candy when I get to go! :goodvibes

The only bad thing about SAB is the fact that it fills up at times and that just isn't super relaxing.

Don't you just hate it when you get all ready to go to the pool and within minutes of getting there the skies turn dark and gray on down comes the rain? Happens to me ALL THE TIME!

I have yet to eat QS in France. It's officially on my list for February. Those sammies look super yummy!

I must be hungry because even the donut box looks tastey!

Nice time at the quiet pool. I noticed when I was there that hardly anyone went to it.

It really WAS a quiet pool. And the whole setting there was so peaceful. We just loved it!

Your villa view is gorgeous.

We really liked it there. Only downside was the placement of the washer dryer - it was SO loud, even if you closed the door. I prefer OKW with the seperate washer/dryer room. :thumbsup2

All the food looks pretty amazing. We are going to WDW in August and our 180 day reservation window opens up in February, so I'm looking at menus now trying to decide where we should go. Each vacation, I like to include at least one or two new places mixed in with some of our "must haves". I currently have a restaurant list that would require us to vacation for much, much longer than a week! :)

Isn't it just so hard to pick those restaurants 180 days ahead of time? And I cannot believe we are leaving in 10 weeks again and I have not one single ADR. :sad2: But then we only have one late night and two half days, and I guess eating at a fancy restaurant will not happen that trip.

I DO hear you on needing more time to fit in all the restaurants. ;)

That Captain's Grill breakfast looks really good! And they gave you a tea pot - don't you wish they would do that on DCL as well? ;)

They get a "golden star" in my book for serving tea in pots. :rotfl2: Maybe next time we bump into Karl Holz we should show him a photo of that tea pot. :rotfl2:

I absolutely adore the shop in Japan and seem to buy something there on every visit. And even if it is just some milk-soda chewy candy. Katharina and I discovered that on her first visit and it has since been on the top of my WDW shopping list ever since! Mitsukoshi used to have a shop in London and I was able to buy it there once, but I have since heard that it has closed. We have not been lucky to find it in any "Asia-Shop" here in Germany. Japan is high on my list of future travel plans (not only because of Tokyo Disneyland though) and I plan bring back plenty of that candy when I get to go! :goodvibes

That is one neat shop and there are so many things to look at, that we usually forget about the time we spend in there.
Have you tried Amazon for that candy?

The only bad thing about SAB is the fact that it fills up at times and that just isn't super relaxing.

Yes, it fills up super fast and then you have to try not to be "overrun" by an inner tube. :rotfl2:

Don't you just hate it when you get all ready to go to the pool and within minutes of getting there the skies turn dark and gray on down comes the rain? Happens to me ALL THE TIME!

Yeah, makes two of us. We always joke about it when we are at OKW, where we use the quiet pool real often. As soon as we get into the pool the grey clouds start rolling in. :rotfl2:

I have yet to eat QS in France. It's officially on my list for February. Those sammies look super yummy!

Mary Ellen, you should join us in the real France, here in Europe. They have some REALLY yummy munchies here. And I would even share my favourite little boulangerie with you. ;)

Day 19, August 25

A slow start to a long day …… - Part 2

We love to go through the shop there and have a look at all the goodies they sell, and that was exactly what we did.
And after that we popped over to the exhibition that was there.

By then we had found out that there was no way we would be hungry enough for our reservation at The Wave, so we sat down on a bench and tried to modify the reservation using the app. We ended up cancelling one reservation and making a new one for 9pm, which looked like a good time. It had taken us quite some time to change the reservation, but once we were done our next stop was Italy,

where again we had fun exploring the shops and picking up a piece of dark chocolate to taste.

On to Germany we went and had a lot of fun finding products that are not German. As always we did find a few, one of them being Austrian “Jagertee”.

There was a really long line at the Karamell shop, so we just gave it a miss and finished our walk around the world. It was now time to head back to our villa,

to get changed for dinner. Since we had to cross through the public areas of the Beach Club Villas on our way to our room we stopped to take some photos.

Back in our room we changed our clothes and then got ourselves over to the Contemporary Resort to have dinner at The Wave.

Hi over here too, Karin! :laughing:

The villa looks amazing - but I always find them just fabulous. :goodvibes:

Ahhh - love the Epcot pictures. Having not been there since 2013, seeing your pics makes me so excited to be there again this summer. :woohoo:

The Rose and Crown meal looks great - I want to try all the Epcot restaurants, but we keep doing DxDDP, which means doing signatures and character meals for us. :laughing: This will be the last trip of that though because Willow will be a Disney “adult” by the time we go again after this year - no way am I paying DxDDP prices for her to pick at some fancy entree she doesn’t want. :laughing: At that point, we’ll try all the Epcot restaurants we have missed! And I can’t complain about getting to try every signature on property in the meantime! :laughing:

What a treat to see IllumiNations without even trying. I love it! And I am DYING - I LOVE that you two headed to Krispy Kreme - it wouldn’t be a Karin trip report without a detour to KK!!!! LOVE it!!!

The CG breakfast buffet looks really good. What a nice way to spend the morning.

Ooooh, don’t you love the washer/dryer in the one-bedroom villas????? I have never enjoyed doing laundry more than being able to pop in a load while relaxing in the evening, knowing that we would have clean clothes on vacation. Perfection!

Day 19, August 25

A slow start to a long day …… - Part 3

Back in our room we changed our clothes and then got ourselves over to the Contemporary Resort to have dinner at The Wave.

We arrived right on time and were asked to take a seat in the lounge area, but were called back after about a minute or two and led to a table. We were seated at one of the tables which run along the bench along one of the walls and a server was immediately at hand to take our drinks order. And while the server was going to get our drinks we checked the menu. We both were not really hungry and both just chose a main course which we then ordered. And after putting our order in a basket of

Multi Grain Bread and

Butter flavoured with red sea salt. We nibbled a bit of bread and soon after our main courses were served. I had ordered the

Herb-Salt Seasoned Beef Tenderloin, served with Potato Gratin and summer vegetables, while Tom tried the

Ashley Farms Naturally Raised Herbed Chicken Breast, served with a Quinoa Salad and Aioli. Both dishes were really nice but we were too full to have dessert. We paid our bill and used our Tables in Wonderland card for the discount before heading out and over to the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours.
Wishes was going on while we walked over and it was great watching the fireworks from outside the park.

We soon were at the entrance, went through bag check and the turnstiles and in we went. The park was crowded. We fought our way through the Emporium, checking the merchandise and then stepped out onto Main Street for the second showing of the castle show. There was a short delay, so Tom got himself some

iced tea from Starbucks, and then we watched the projections onto the castle.

And once that was over we headed over into Tomorrowland

and went right onto the People Mover.

Day 19, August 25

A slow start to a long day …… - Part 4

And once that was over we headed over into Tomorrowland and went right onto the People Mover. We really love and enjoy that ride a lot and are always happy to ride it.

Once we got off we strolled over to Fantasyland and since the line was long for the Winnie the Pooh ride we went right over to Philharmagic. We had to wait for about 15 minutes, but it was a fun and nice to be in the air conditioned room.

Once we got off Philharmagic we had a look at Peter Pan and the line was out the door, so we bit the bullet and crossed the street and walked over to It’s a Small World. Well, even that had a 10 minute wait, but it was going towards midnight and ride where you can sit and do not have to pay attention sounded good to us. We were assigned first row, but there was a larger family with small kids behind us, so we asked if they wanted to go to the front and they were very happy to swap seats with us.

We got off the ride right at midnight, when the clock inside the ride opened up.

By that time we were already pretty tired, but the park was open until 1am, so we braved going over to the Haunted Mansion. The line was not too bad and since many people took the new animated line we were on the ride within 10 minutes.

When we got off we decided to find out how long the line for Big Thunder Mountain was, 20 minutes.
We were tired but decided to try anyway and were very happy to see that 20 minutes meant that it was a short 10 minutes until we were on the ride.

But once we got off we were done. We were too tired to get on any other ride and headed towards the exit. Around the time the park officially closed we arrived back at the Beach Club, finally found a space to park our car and headed up to our villa. We were far too tired to do anything and went to bed right away.

Hi over here too, Karin! :laughing:

Hi Roni! :goodvibes

The villa looks amazing - but I always find them just fabulous. :goodvibes:

You can't beat a "home away from home" can you? We really enjoy our DVC and the 1 bedrooms are just wonderful. :cloud9:

Ahhh - love the Epcot pictures. Having not been there since 2013, seeing your pics makes me so excited to be there again this summer. :woohoo:

I miss Epcot too. We spent a very short time at WDW last February and won't have much time in March of this year. We cannot wait to actually go back and have time to enjoy.

The Rose and Crown meal looks great - I want to try all the Epcot restaurants, but we keep doing DxDDP, which means doing signatures and character meals for us. :laughing: This will be the last trip of that though because Willow will be a Disney “adult” by the time we go again after this year - no way am I paying DxDDP prices for her to pick at some fancy entree she doesn’t want. :laughing: At that point, we’ll try all the Epcot restaurants we have missed! And I can’t complain about getting to try every signature on property in the meantime! :laughing:

You really are my hero for doing the DxDDP. Tried it once and it was WAY too much food for us.
But I do understand that it is perfect if you want to do all signatures and character meals. :thumbsup2
Don't blame you on paying adult prices for Willow though. And while I understand that the adult tickets start at a very young age, kids that young will not just eat from the adult menu. ;)

What a treat to see IllumiNations without even trying. I love it! And I am DYING - I LOVE that you two headed to Krispy Kreme - it wouldn’t be a Karin trip report without a detour to KK!!!! LOVE it!!!

We had a great view of Illuminations from the bridge. I had never even thought about watching it from there, but all the people on the bridge could not be wrong.
And yes, no trip is complete without a trip to KK. :rotfl2:

The CG breakfast buffet looks really good. What a nice way to spend the morning.

It was really a nice buffet, with quite the lot to choose from. :thumbsup2

Ooooh, don’t you love the washer/dryer in the one-bedroom villas????? I have never enjoyed doing laundry more than being able to pop in a load while relaxing in the evening, knowing that we would have clean clothes on vacation. Perfection!

Yeah, having that washer/dryer is such a blessing. Especially if you travel for the amount of time we do and are only allowed one suitcase each. Nothing easier than throwing in a load and sitting outside with a nice beverage. :goodvibes

Dinner looks delish! Yum!

Yay for extra magic hours. I know that feeling of "just one more ride" when you know you can barely stand up, let alone walk! :rotfl2:

Looks like a fun night! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter