Get Off The Ship - we are running out of towel animals! Update 10/25 Day 31

I think I gain 5 pounds EVERY SINGLE TIME I see food in your TR. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Loved seeing all of the kids meeting the charaters in the pictures you took.

Glad you enjoyed your meet and greet.

And I'd certainly be going to a cooking demonstration after eating. ;)

:rotfl2: I didn't even think about how many towel animals he would have to come up with for a back to back! Hmmm, now i'm wondering how many different ones you ended up getting. Guess i'll have to stick around and find out!

Tom's halibut looks so good. I love halibut and hardly ever buy it here. It's so expensive so.

I don't think i've ever had meatloaf at Disney. I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought if i'd see it on a menu, but it actually looks delicious!

All of your beautiful food pictures....oh I can't wait! The drinks look quite yummy too! I think I might have chosen to watch them make apple strudel as well....one of my favourite desserts!

Day 3, August 9

What a nice shopping day! And to go see a movie too? I have not done that while on vacation, but there have been a couple times I have considered it. The fact there is a theater in DTD makes it convenient.

IMG_8717_zpsde15c0e0.jpg

I know this is on several of the menus... and it was tempting to try. It looks so pretty and yummy. :goodvibes

Your meals at the Wave looked yummy...and the desserts. :lovestruc They do change their menu often though don't they? I don't recall those being options last month...

We all wanted to go up to the Top of the World Lounge and watch the fireworks from up there.

So is this a DVC thing? Sounds like it might be a fun place to watch the fireworks. What is required to be able to do this? And obviously, kids are ok even though it is a lounge?

Yes, we were up to a great start! And it went on like this, we were very lucky.
You really should try and participate in the FE, Roni! I am SURE, Willow would love it, both the handing out and sneaking around the ship and the coming back to your stateroom and finding a lot of gifts in your FE!

I cannot believe we have so many more trips planned. Guess I need to get my act together and finally finish all these trip reports.

You know, maybe next time I will get my act together and participate in a FE. I know you are right that Willow would love it! Just the idea of having to bring more stuff with us is a little overwhelming to me - you have seen how heavy we travel even without extra stuff! :scared1: :rotfl2:

Your day just continues to be a blast! What an awesome reception with the officers - I would love to experience something like that.

We loved Royal Court for lunch!!! The atmosphere was just perfect, and we found really tasty food there too. :thumbsup2

I am just loving hearing about your cruise and seeing all the pictures of the Fantasy, Karin. I hope I will be able to finish your tr before my Fantasy cruise in 38 days! Do you have to sign up for the cooking demo's or can you just show up? Can't wait to read more!!!

I'm actually worried that might happen on my cruise. There is a disboard thread, but the FE is on a Facebook page. I'm worried that not everyone has Facebook and this could cause some problems. I'm not in charge of either, however. So far everyone seems very nice, so I hope my fears end up being unfounded. I do think the Facebook page has reduced the traffic on our Disboard thread, since it seems like people are opting to post there instead of here. I have Facebook, so this isn't a problem for me, but like I said, I'm worried for those that don't and want to participate.
My next cruise thread is really quite and the trip is only 112 days away!! There is also a FB page but that is super quite too.
Karin I think it was so sad that your first FE went to sour but I CAN SAY WITH OUT A DOUBT IT WAS THEIR LOSS NOT YOURS!!!

No problem falling behind, Michelle, you have A LOT of other things to think about. :hug:
We just loved having you on the fireworks cruise, we have always had so much fun together, I consider you part of my family. :grouphug:

I know, not getting together lateron was a bit sad for us too, BUT, there is always next time. And we will return for longer time period in 2015! So we definitely have to make plans for that. :goodvibes
You haven't tried WPE for breakfast yet? :scared1: You should, it is so yummy - but go there VERY hungry or share, the portions are HUGE. :thumbsup2

We LOVE you guys and consider you family too:lovestruc

It's only a problem if it isn't communicated enough. We had FB groups during other cruises as well and they always came back to the DIS to chat and let us know what was going on on FB.
I think as long as communication is good and no one wants to take over from someone else (without telling the person ;)) then you should be okay. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

You need to let me know about Jamaica on your Fantasy cruise - we went to Costa Maya and thankfully it was a short visit - we were not impressed. :rotfl:

I agree regular communication is what is important!!!
I am finally caught up again and I have to say I am SOOOOO HUNGRY!!!!LOL!!!!

Nice update. Sounds like a fun day.
Those Godiva drinks look good.
What a fun evening. Good day overall.
That breakfast looked so good.
Yeah! You’re onboard.
I hope the fish extender will be safe this time.
The dinner looked good.
Those are a lot of nice plans you have. I will be in Italy next September and then DLP for 2 days. DLP is alone for me as no one wants to go but I should be able to more things that way.
Nice breakfast and pics walking around.
All caught up again.

Playing catch up after being on the Dream this week! Your plans look great for all your future trips!

Jill in CO

Our first three nights had gone by far too soon.

:sad2:

Is it just me or is that balcony bigger even in the studio... than other resorts?
But before that we wanted to meet Jeff, Lily, Molly and Philip one more time and have breakfast together.

It is so cool you got some more time together!
[URL=http://s326.photobucket.com/user/tinkerbellat/media/Reisen%20USA/Summer%202013/Day%2004%20August%2010/IMG_8754_zps19b4a733.jpg.html]
Wolfgang’s Breakfast Pocket, scrambled eggs, ham, roasted peppers, red onions, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese, which we were happy to see back on the menu. And I had my favourite breakfast food ever, the

Breakfast Pizza, scrambled eggs, bacon, mozzarella, cheddar cheese and caramelized onions. Both dishes were equally delicious and it was nice to share some of our favourite dishes and have one last fun breakfast together.

Every time you post your breakfast there I think that I HAVE to have it some time. Sadly I never do... :sad2:

we had finished our hearty breakfast, we all headed towards the parking lot, but first the kids wanted to get into the splash area again.
We all sat and watched them run around and getting soaked and they even sometimes slipped, but were up and at it again in a second.

Kids love these play areas. Is it just me...or did WDW get rid of them in the parks? I have pictures of Zoe when she was younger playing in Epcot and in MK... but I have not seeing any in a long time.

and were on our way to the port. About an hour later we caught the first glimpse of the Disney Fantasy

:cool1:

First off we were stopped at the DVC desk and asked if we were members and YES, we were, so we received our lanyards and then were told we were put on the list, so we would receive our gifts as well. Then we headed over to check in and were directed towards the Castaway Club check in.
Again, the line moved pretty fast and soon it was our turn to fill in the health form and be checked in. We were handed our Keys to the World with a smile, then the cast member went to pick up our new lanyards. Black ones! For the first time! And while she handed them to us she mentioned that next time we cruised we would be able to use the Concierge desk to check in! I had heard conflicting reports about it, so was not sure if we should have gotten in that line, but it was nice to know now.
Since we were Platinum Castaway Club Members there was no more port arrival time for us, so we were able to head on board right away. We skipped the photo op and were soon in line to be announced. It was fun to hear the cast member announcing our family with a “And now, all the way from Austria .....”!

That is so cool! Special treatment for special people!!!

On board we stepped and were in awe with the Atrium. It was so beautiful. Not that I am not in awe with it on every one of the three ships we have been on, but nothing says vacation more clearly than to step into the grandeur of a Disney cruise ship Atrium. One of the officers just went up to us, welcomed us and asked if we had any questions, but was sure we would know our way around the ship, since we had sailed with Disney Cruise line quite a bit. And after a little more friendly chit chat we headed to the Enchanted Garden for lunch.

Cant wait to see the atrium pics!! I am slowly but surely getting caught up!

Sounds like you're off to smooth sailing! All of your food pics are making me hungry as usual. Too bad "our" tugboat wasn't up to the usual standards. As for your dinner, how many desserts do they expect you to have? :rotfl:

It is driving me crazy that people are taking things off your door. It just didn't used to be that way. I wonder what has changed? I am thinking I enjoy the FE a lot, but the giving part. It was hard bringing that much stuff home and we didn't really use any of it. I am thinking about being a "secret santa" next time and just go around and sneak extra surprises in all of the FE's without hanging one up myself. Of course if the grandkids are along, they would enjoy the receiving. :cool1:

Sounds like the show was a new show for you? I was wondering with all the cruises you've been on how many of them are repeats. Thanks for reporting - looking forward to more!

I think I gain 5 pounds EVERY SINGLE TIME I see food in your TR. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Loved seeing all of the kids meeting the charaters in the pictures you took.

Glad you enjoyed your meet and greet.

And I'd certainly be going to a cooking demonstration after eating. ;)

I am so sorry about all the food, Kathy. ;) :lmao: Unfortunately you will have to "suffer" through a lot more food pics - sea air makes VERY hungry. :rotfl2:

There are so many character meet and greets all day long. And the Atrium is the perfect venue for it. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: I didn't even think about how many towel animals he would have to come up with for a back to back! Hmmm, now i'm wondering how many different ones you ended up getting. Guess i'll have to stick around and find out!

Tom's halibut looks so good. I love halibut and hardly ever buy it here. It's so expensive so.

I don't think i've ever had meatloaf at Disney. I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought if i'd see it on a menu, but it actually looks delicious!

Raj was cute about his towel animals. He told us that he counted how many he had in his repertoire and he should have enough. But every night he asked if he had given us a repeat. :lmao:

That halibut is so good. I actually have had it before a few times, but I always substitute the rice for mash. Something about mash in the US. :goodvibes

I wouldn't usually order meatloaf here either but tried it once on our back to back to back Dream cruises and it was really delicious. So I happily order it now and then. :thumbsup2

All of your beautiful food pictures....oh I can't wait! The drinks look quite yummy too! I think I might have chosen to watch them make apple strudel as well....one of my favourite desserts!

There is so much wonderful food around - thank god their portions are not too big, so you can taste more. ;)

I just love to watch them make apple strudel. It is something that is VERY common here and everyone knows how to make it. So watching the chefs doing it is fun. Unfortunately we have only seen it made properly in a demonstration and then the chef came from Hungary (once part of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire). :lmao:

What a nice shopping day! And to go see a movie too? I have not done that while on vacation, but there have been a couple times I have considered it. The fact there is a theater in DTD makes it convenient.

Jeff was using up "leftover" tickets and we didn't want to waste a ticket for just a few hours, so a non park day was fun as well.
And we finally got to see a movie at DTD! :thumbsup2

IMG_8717_zpsde15c0e0.jpg

I know this is on several of the menus... and it was tempting to try. It looks so pretty and yummy. :goodvibes

It really looked pretty and Jeff enjoyed it very much. We all had fun watching him "infuse" the strawberries though. It was not easy and some of the liqueur spilled out. ;)

Your meals at the Wave looked yummy...and the desserts. :lovestruc They do change their menu often though don't they? I don't recall those being options last month...

I think they change it up a bit seasonally. There are about the same meats, but the preparation of it and the sides vary.

So is this a DVC thing? Sounds like it might be a fun place to watch the fireworks. What is required to be able to do this? And obviously, kids are ok even though it is a lounge?

Yes, you can go up to the lounge and observation deck as long as you are a DVC member and stay on property. They had offered it for a limited time first, then opened up the option to go there a while ago. I hope they will continue to do so. It is a nice place to watch the fireworks.
Kids are very welcome, even in the lounge. :thumbsup2

You know, maybe next time I will get my act together and participate in a FE. I know you are right that Willow would love it! Just the idea of having to bring more stuff with us is a little overwhelming to me - you have seen how heavy we travel even without extra stuff! :scared1: :rotfl2:

Your day just continues to be a blast! What an awesome reception with the officers - I would love to experience something like that.

We loved Royal Court for lunch!!! The atmosphere was just perfect, and we found really tasty food there too. :thumbsup2

Roni, we travel with a lot of stuff since we usually stay for 4 to 5 weeks, so I know what it is like, but we just bring small homemade, light weight gifts for the FE. Only problem is ..... you will get A LOT of gifts back! :rotfl2:

The officers meet and greet is always fun and you get to know them a bit. It was funny as we ran into a lot of them again and they all came up to chat again. :thumbsup2 We had such fun interacting with them all. :goodvibes

As you will see, Royal Court pops up as our breakfast and lunch restaurant very often. We find it a very nice and relaxing place to be and I rather be served than serve myself. :rotfl2:

I am just loving hearing about your cruise and seeing all the pictures of the Fantasy, Karin. I hope I will be able to finish your tr before my Fantasy cruise in 38 days! Do you have to sign up for the cooking demo's or can you just show up? Can't wait to read more!!!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the report so far. I am trying to update as much as I can, but at the moment, with all the testing going on at school it is pretty hard to get an update in. I will try hard, I promise. :goodvibes

You don't have to sign up for the cooking demo. They are announced in the navigator and you just show up. They are usually a lot of fun and you can sample the dish they are making. :thumbsup2

My next cruise thread is really quite and the trip is only 112 days away!! There is also a FB page but that is super quite too.
Karin I think it was so sad that your first FE went to sour but I CAN SAY WITH OUT A DOUBT IT WAS THEIR LOSS NOT YOURS!!!

I agree regular communication is what is important!!!
I am finally caught up again and I have to say I am SOOOOO HUNGRY!!!!LOL!!!!

Both of my cruise threads for February and summer are pretty quiet. There is FB group for both as well, but they are equally quiet. I really hope the February one picks up a bit, once we get closer.
And I could not agree with you more, communication is key! But for that first cruise they dried up the DIS tread by immediatly luring everyone over to FB as soon as they posted for the first time.
But what got me most, was that one of them took on the FE that was started on the DIS and took it over and made changes to it without communicating it to us on the DIS. :furious:

Nice update. Sounds like a fun day.
Those Godiva drinks look good.
What a fun evening. Good day overall.
That breakfast looked so good.
Yeah! You’re onboard.
I hope the fish extender will be safe this time.
The dinner looked good.
Those are a lot of nice plans you have. I will be in Italy next September and then DLP for 2 days. DLP is alone for me as no one wants to go but I should be able to more things that way.
Nice breakfast and pics walking around.
All caught up again.

We so enjoyed the time with Jeff and his family. :goodvibes
This time I can say that the FE was safe and if something went astray we would not have noticed it, as it was always full of things.
Looks like we will be at DLRP right before you as we are spending 9 days there after our Med cruise. I am sure you will have fun on your own as well. It is a nice place to be and the parks are so close together. :goodvibes

Playing catch up after being on the Dream this week! Your plans look great for all your future trips!

Jill in CO

Hope your Dream cruise was awesome! We cannot wait to get back on the Dream. :goodvibes

MMM lunch looks really good. I want to try that Quesidilla.

You really need to try it next time you sail, Jen! Oh, all the food at RC was really nice for breakfast AND lunch as well as dinner. :thumbsup2

:sad2:

Is it just me or is that balcony bigger even in the studio... than other resorts?

Ann, that has been our only "studio" experience other than BLT - and to me the balcony at BLT seemed larger. :confused3

It is so cool you got some more time together!

Every time you post your breakfast there I think that I HAVE to have it some time. Sadly I never do... :sad2:

We really didn't want to part! The time with them was so nice.
And you REALLY need to try and fit in a WPE breakfast. They are really yummy and you can easily share. :thumbsup2

Kids love these play areas. Is it just me...or did WDW get rid of them in the parks? I have pictures of Zoe when she was younger playing in Epcot and in MK... but I have not seeing any in a long time.

Actually I never paid much attention to them. But seeing the fun the kids have I really hope they did not remove any of them in the parks. :goodvibes

Cant wait to see the atrium pics!! I am slowly but surely getting caught up!

There will be lots more pics of the ship coming up. We were very lazy taking pics this time (well, even though we took about 7000 over the course of 5 weeks. :rotfl2:)

Sounds like you're off to smooth sailing! All of your food pics are making me hungry as usual. Too bad "our" tugboat wasn't up to the usual standards. As for your dinner, how many desserts do they expect you to have? :rotfl:

The tugboat did improve over the two weeks. :rotfl2: But it never got close to the one I had on the Dream.
Thankfully there were some desserts that just didn't appeal to us at dinner otherwise our server would have fed us a few more.
But we ended asking for them to be boxed up, took them with us and gave them to Raj, who loved those treats. :thumbsup2

It is driving me crazy that people are taking things off your door. It just didn't used to be that way. I wonder what has changed? I am thinking I enjoy the FE a lot, but the giving part. It was hard bringing that much stuff home and we didn't really use any of it. I am thinking about being a "secret santa" next time and just go around and sneak extra surprises in all of the FE's without hanging one up myself. Of course if the grandkids are along, they would enjoy the receiving. :cool1:

Tammie, it was okay those two cruises. And don't let one bad cruise spoil your FE fun. We have always done it, and even though we had to remove everything from our door in 2012 this year was very different. :thumbsup2

Sounds like the show was a new show for you? I was wondering with all the cruises you've been on how many of them are repeats. Thanks for reporting - looking forward to more!

They do have different shows on the ships. This time I think we only had one that we already knew. Needless to say that with all the cruises we have taken on the Dream we have seen those shows numerous times. :rotfl2:

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 5, August 11

Are you from Austria? - Part 3

So what do you do if you feel stuffed to the gills after lunch? Yes, you go and watch someone make Apple Strudel.

The chef we saw was the worst ever! He told everyone how the dough is made, which ingredients to use and then went on to say that if you don’t have everything in the house, make it without whatever you are missing. It was ridiculous.

Being from Austria, Apple Strudel is something we grow up with and know exactly how to make we were stunned at what his dough looked like. NO good at all. Same with the apple filling – the way he prepared it, was by no means what the finished product looked like. He went on and on and in the meantime people were getting up and leaving and I have never heard so much talking OVER the person giving the demonstrationlike this time. Tom and I left right after we had gotten and sampled a small piece of Apple Strudel,

way before the chef was done with his presentation. We just could not stand listening any longer.
Back to the elevator we went and up to our room. We emptied the Fish Extender

and sat on the veranda for a few minutes before we checked out what movies they offered on demand.
After finding something we liked we made ourselves comfortable and watched for a while until we were disturbed by the phone.
I picked it up and it was room service, who wanted to know which of the treats, that they provided for free to Platinum members, we wanted to choose. We opted for a bottle of sparkling wine. They promised to deliver it the next day and we decided to stop watching the movie and instead went to deck 4 to book our dummy cruise for 2015.
There was only one lady ahead of us and we quickly were seated and told the sales person what we were looking for and within a few minutes we held a dummy booking in hand. And since we were already there we just walked over to the Vista Café and ordered two

Cappuccinos. It took a while for them to be made and we chatted a while with the cast member there. He was from England and this was his second contract on the Fantasy. Once the coffee was ready we carried it to one of the tables and Tom went to pick up some sweet nibbles to go with it. One of them was a

coffee cake with cream cheese icing and the other one was a Profiterol. Both were pretty nice and we sat and enjoyed the view and watched the people getting in line to see the characters.
We sat there for about half an hour or so, but then we realized it was time to get back to our stateroom to pick up our tickets for the Italian Liqueur tasting in La Piazza.
Again, we emptied the Fish Extender, but as soon as we were inside the captain made an announcement.
Because of a medical emergency we had made a short d-tour and gotten close to one of the small islands, and now one of the lifeboats, the number 11, would be lowered and take the patient and his family to the island to be flown back to Florida. Now lifeboat 11 was OUR lifeboat and it was right underneath our veranda. Yes, we were nosy and went outside and watched and so did a lot of the people in the staterooms on this side.
The crew was already ready and they were taking the last steps to get the patient on board safely, then some cast members brought out the family’s luggage and finally the family arrived and climbed on board the lifeboat.

Soon after they had gotten on the patient was brought out on a stretcher and loaded onto the lifeboat as well. Now, with all the watching of what was going on we were cutting it close to our tasting, but we did watch until the lifeboat was finally in the water,

grabbed the tickets for our tasting and hotfooted it down to La Piazza. They had not started yet and there were still four empty chairs.
We headed right for two of them when I heard someone say, “Hey, are YOU from Austria?”.

To be continued ............

That is sad and scary that a family had to get off....but I still think it's neat you got to see it.

That chef story cracks me up. It's almost like they dressed up another crew member in a chef coat and told him to just go do the demo.

That poor family, a medical emergency is never good, but one at sea....yikes!

I can't wait to hear about your tasting!

That is sad and scary that a family had to get off....but I still think it's neat you got to see it.

That chef story cracks me up. It's almost like they dressed up another crew member in a chef coat and told him to just go do the demo.

It was heartbreaking to watch the wife and daughter get onto the life boat. Something I could have done without. On the other hand to see how efficient they worked to get the patient to dry land was rather reasuring.

The chef was a joke! Either he wasn't a pastry chef or this had been his very first time. It was so hard to follow him with his accent, then he repeated himself again and again and again.
We tasted the apple strudel and then just followed some other people who left way before he was done. :lmao:

That poor family, a medical emergency is never good, but one at sea....yikes!

I can't wait to hear about your tasting!

It was so hard to watch the family get off the ship. We never heard what the outcome of it was, but everyone we spoke with was hoping the patient was doing well.
How scary to have to get on the lifeboat and being taken to the foreign island.

The tasting was fun ..... and we were in for quite the surprise! ;)

How scary that they had to take someone ill off the ship and get them back to Florida. I hope they were okay.

Can't wait to hear about your wine testing (now that my husband has decided that wine is his thing).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter