• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Get me to Target Please!

MusicOfSoarin

Earning My Ears
Going to WDW in August with a family of six, including a baby. Have no car seat and cannot get a taxi. Can someone please get us to Target from WDW using public bus transportation?

Thanks, MusicOfSoarin

Would help to know where you will be staying.

Start here: http://www.golynx.com/maps-schedules/routes-schedules.stml

You will need route 56 south from the TTC.
Then you must get off somewhere on US 192 (careful, it goes into Celebration Place for a short distance).
Change to bus route 55 Westbound, and make sure the driver knows you want to get off as close to Rolling Oaks Target (just before FL 429 Western Way) as possible.

Coming back you need an eastbound 55 and change to a WDW bound 56.

Be aware the walk to Target from the bus stop is about a quarter mile and you have to cross at the light ... Google maps suggests the bus stop is about 100' away from the traffic light.

I assume it's 2 adults and 4 kids? Why not leave an adult and kids behind?
Not sure what you are needing to buy but I've read that the gas station near DTD has lots of things in their store. Never been myself tho.

Above. A taxi or Garden Grocer will save you the trip unless you need something specific.

Would help to know where you will be staying.

Start here: http://www.golynx.com/maps-schedules/routes-schedules.stml

You will need route 56 south from the TTC.
Then you must get off somewhere on US 192 (careful, it goes into Celebration Place for a short distance).
Change to bus route 55 Westbound, and make sure the driver knows you want to get off as close to Rolling Oaks Target (just before FL 429 Western Way) as possible.

Coming back you need an eastbound 55 and change to a WDW bound 56.

Be aware the walk to Target from the bus stop is about a quarter mile and you have to cross at the light ... Google maps suggests the bus stop is about 100' away from the traffic light.

We are staying at AofA Nemo - this is very precise info and I look forward to looking into it more, thanks from WNY

Another sugestion - look into using Uber, the alternative to Taxis, as it costs about half what a Taxi costs. Your hotel is a short distance from Target and I think that Uber might be less than the bus fare!

About the bus, I don't know how transfers work but I would hope you can get a free transfer between the two lines. In most cities you ask the driver for a transfer (for each person) as you board, which you will use to get on the second bus.

I'm going to recommend that, unless you're well used to public transit, you forgo using Lynx. Not sure what it is that you need, that is specific to Target, but have you considered filling a box with what you need and shipping it to your resort before you go? Or using a grocery delivery service? Garden Grocer is very good.

Unless you need to go to Target for a very specific reason, I strongly recommend you ship items ahead of time and buy perishables in the resort shop, or use a delivery service like Garden Grocer. Considering the $$ you are spending for your WDW vacation, taking the time to travel to/from and shopping in an off-site store is costing you much more than the cost for transportation.

I'm going to agree with everyone else - the time and the effort it would take to get to Target via bus - that just sounds like a nightmare to me. There's got to be a better solution. Send one adult in a taxi, pre-ship items, or use a delivery service.

OP hasn't come back to answer questions, but since I answered the question, I will point out that some people are quite comfortable with public transportation. I use it in many of my travels. Worst thing usually is figuring out how to pay - exact change, or ride cards, and such. The unfortunate thing here is having to get to the TTC first so it's 3 bus routes and would take hours.

But, OP, if you are reading this, take note that many people takes taxis without car seats. The drivers never complain and most discussions have concluded that FL law says they are not required on buses and taxis. Hard to know why the whole family needs to go but you could save money and time sending just 1 or 2 people.

Ok, I have decided on the uber route. They give you up to $30 off your first ride and it seems fast, reliable and extremely well priced. Thanks for all the suggestions - looking forward to our WDW vacation!!

absolutely none of my business (and feel free to say so) but can you tell us why getting to the Target is necessary?

oh that so makes sense! Thanks though I would suggest comparing what you'll save with your discount verses what it will cost to get you there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter