Get me out of the cold! 13 days of sunshine and good eats!

Mmm, via Napoli. Could totally go for some of their pizza right now. Some of the best ever.

Your garden grill meal looks great. Gotta get there one of these days.

50s is always a solid option, though I wonder what was up with the server,

Keep making me hungry, I'm eating vicariously through you ; )

Sorry for the 2-day delay, Disney Wi-Fi has been less than cooperative!

On Sunday we had the dessert party at Magic Kingdom which was going to equate to no table service.....but we went to Downtown Disney and Paradiso 37 was practically empty so we gave it a whirl. We both agreed great food, horrible service. None of the servers seemed particularly on point, and the one we had....he was the kind of guy that you move away from at the bar. You could tell that if you gave him enough time to do so, he'd tell you all about how wonderful he is....just not my kinda person. The food was really good though, so we will go back!

The boy got the Burrito and I had the Chicken Quesadilla from the appetizer menu and a side tortilla salad.

The dessert menu also looked good, but we just wanted to get moving and head over to MK so we skipped it.

Up next, Pinocchio's and the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party

I'm now convinced there is no "low" season at Disney anymore. We got to MK and almost all lines were 30+ minutes....I've been here in May and had shorter waits than that! This is allegedly the lowest week of the year, but I don't think that's the case anymore!

For dinner we tried Pinocchio's, this will not be repeated. Much better QS options throughout the kingdom and this meal was pretty gross to be honest.

I had the Caprese Flatbread and he had the kids meal cheese flatbread. We also shared the Pesto Knots...those were really good, I might come back to get those to snack on.

The dessert party had a lot of options, and also a big line so I didn't take any pictures. But I did get a plate picture!

Going clockwise from the cookie there was a Shortcake, chocolate peanutbutter tart, oreo mickey 'mousse', tiramisu, and a cupcake. None of it was amazing. The tiramisu was ok, as was the cookie. If all you get is the food, this is not worth the price of admission, but the wishes view is nice. I'll call this a "once in a while" reservation. I won't be scrambling to get it again, but I won't avoid it either.

Next post will have The Mara and Sanaa!

We moved over to our last hotel yesterday, Animal Kingdom Lodge. Biggest perk of our stay here? All of our favourite restaurants are here. We're so excited to just be able to waddle back to the room for a few days lol!!

Lunch was a quick grab from The Mara. He had BBQ Chicken Flatbread (which got no pic, and a review of "meh". I got the Grilled Chicken Pita with Couscous....it was so good! I want to find the couscous recipe, I could have ate a whole batch.

Dinner was at Sanaa. I know a lot of people avoid this spot because they worry it'll be too weird or exotic but we love it. I definitely recommend giving it a try sometime.

We shared the bread service with all 3 types of Naan and Cucumber Raita, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, and Mango Chutney. We also shared the salad sampler with 2 of the Watermelon and Fennel and split the Chickpea Salad.

It was very good! We don't get all 9 dips just because we'd never eat them all. He saved a piece of Naan for his dinner as well.

Dinner for both of us was the slow cooked in gravy option. I had Butter Chicken and Goat Curry (or maybe it was lamb? I can't remember). He had Butter Chicken and Chicken Vindaloo....I only took a pic of mine because honestly his two dishes looked the same lol.

It's a great meal, we will probably be back for lunch or dinner before the trip is over!

For dessert I had the Tanzanian Chocolate Mousse and he had the Tapioca Pudding

If you're a chocolate fan, I would definitely recommend this! It comes on a smear of salted caramel which is so good! I don't eat tapioca (thanks to a mother that called it 'fish eyes') but he said the Chai spice in it made it taste like Christmas in a glass......and considering the bowl was empty by the time we left I assume that's a good thing!

Today is San Angel dinner, and who knows where lunch will take us!

Your food at paradiso looks good, too bad service didn't Iive up to the same expectations.

Think we are in the minority in liking Pinocchio flat breads, but I do agree there are better options to be found in the world.

Cent wait t hear more on your AKL experience. We've eaten there lord but having our first stay next month. Love, love,,love Sanaa. Agree it's one of the best on property,

We were there this week last year and if was cols, rainy,and crowded. Slow season is definitely no more

Lunch yesterday took us to Germany for some quick service. The seating situation there is horrible! You have to either plan your meal really well to walk and eat or stake out a table. We ended up finding a bench a fair ways away and just parked it there. The food was really good though, so worth the hassle. We each got a bratwurst, shared the nudel gratin, and an apple strudel and black forest cake . Also, he the grapefruit beer which was fabulous! I THINK I've found it at the LCBO near where we live thanks to the internets so we will do a taste test when we get home!

Dinner was meant to be at San Angel. We arrived a few mins early for our ADR and were sat right on time. And sat, and sat, and sat. We waited 10 minutes (timed) and then got up and left. I have limited patience when dining out, if the server comes by the table and says "i'll be right with you" then I'll wait all night long for them to return....if they go to every table around us and never even so much as head nod in our direction, I leave. Also adding to our desire to leave, you are packed in there like sardines, and the table beside us ordered the same thing we were going to and they had taken about two bites of their food and were just pushing it around their plate which to me says it's not good. Thanks but no thanks. We left and handed our table seating card to the manager that was standing by the door. She was very apologetic and offered to get us a new table and diff server but honestly by that point we weren't all that interested in San Angel anymore.

We walked to China and were seated at Nine Dragons immediately, without a reservation, and had food and drink on our table within 5 minutes. We were very happy with our choice! We both ordered the family dinner set which came with a soup each, main each, and icecream each. It was also a great deal, 12$ or so less than the prix fixe option at San Angel.

For soups we got a hot and sour soup and a dumpling soup (wonton soup)

For mains he got the canton pepper beef, and I had the honey sesame chicken. Both were very good and we had enough for leftovers that are in our fridge for a midnight snack!

Dessert was ice cream, strawberry red bean for me and caramel ginger for him. These flavors were actually quite good! I liked the strawberry best, it wasn't as sweet as strawberry icecream usually is which was refreshing.

We enjoyed our meal at Nine Dragons and will go back on a future trip.

Breakfast this morning was at Boma and it was delicious! I didn't get any pics but you will not be disappointed if you give it a try one day!

Dinner tonight will be at Jiko!

Thank you so much for your reviews and pictures. I am going on my honeymoon in April and am having the toughest time trying to choose restaurants. You really helped me!

Congrats on your engagement!!!!!!

Sorry about your San angel experience. We've had poor service there too, but I can't stay away from the margaritas ; ) glad all worked out in china though

Can't wait for your Jiko review, it's one of our favs

Dinner last night was at our favourite, Jiko! The both of us would argue that this is the best place on property for a great steak dinner. We were so excited to be back here!

For our appetizers we had:
Jiko Salad
Poached Pears, Heirloom Spinach, Kabocha Squash, and Pear Vinaigrette with Pumpkin Seed and Black Lentil Brittle

and
North African Carrot Soup
Sweet Potatoes, Ginger, Pink Lady Apples, and Black Garlic Ice Cream

We both agreed that my appetizer was the winner. The soup was fantastic, and the black garlic ice cream was a really interesting way to add some creaminess to it all.

We both got the same entree
Oak-grilled Filet Mignon
Grass-fed Beef, Pole Beans, Spoon Bread, and South African Red Wine Sauce
BUT we also both swapped out the sides for the white cheddar mac and cheese.

This was amazing. Yet again, our fave steak dinner.

For dessert, I got the
Malva Pudding
Toasted Meringue, Lemon Curd, and Wild Strawberries

It's like a white cake that's been soaked in who knows what, on a pool of lemon curd and strawberry sauce with a meringue top. This is delicious and a great way to end a meal.

We decided once we finish visiting all the signature places, we will probably just visit here twice a visit lol.

For lunch today, I met a friend at Beaches and Cream. I've never been here before but it's a neat little spot! We were the first ones there for the day, so they did this little celebration when we entered....and we remained the only people for about 45 minutes! Considering this is a place I can never find a reservation for, I was very surprised!

I had the grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch

The sandwich had a weirdness to it that I really can't describe, but the soup was amazing!

For dessert, I attempted the Milky Way Sundae

I barely made a dent in this, it's huge! It was delicious though, I recommend you share their sundaes with a friend.

For dinner tonight we kept it low key and just visited the Victoria Falls bar at Animal Kingdom Lodge. There were two bartenders there for a fairly large space, they could have definitely benefitted from a third. We shared the Breads and Spreads and Pork Wings

Both these were nice, but the spreads were my favourite. It had the mango chutney we love from Sanaa, as well as black olive tapenade, roasted red pepper hummus, and a lentil spread. The pork wings were also good, I would order them again. It was a nice low key/light dinner to have.

Tomorrow is our last day :(. We will be going to a new favourite for dinner Trails End!

Your meal at jiko looks amazing, I'm going to have to try that soup next time, it looks amazing.

I can't believe beaches and cream wasn't more crowded, I never see ADRs either.

What a great idea of just have dinner at the lounge (aka I'm jealous I have a child whom I love very much but can't do that anymore). How cool they have some of the same offerings as Sanaa. That's a real coup

I can't see your photos. There is a Photobucket message that says you've exceeded your bandwidth.
I really wanted to see your photos! :wave2:

Dinner was at Sanaa. I know a lot of people avoid this spot because they worry it'll be too weird or exotic but we love it. I definitely recommend giving it a try sometime.

We shared the bread service with all 3 types of Naan and Cucumber Raita, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, and Mango Chutney. We also shared the salad sampler with 2 of the Watermelon and Fennel and split the Chickpea Salad.

This reinforces the fact that I totally need to get to Sanaa one of these days .. the bread service alone sounds so exciting.

We both got the same entree
Oak-grilled Filet Mignon
Grass-fed Beef, Pole Beans, Spoon Bread, and South African Red Wine Sauce
BUT we also both swapped out the sides for the white cheddar mac and cheese.

The black garlic ice cream sounds sooo neat.. and I have heard rave reviews about the Jiko filet and mac and cheese.. ahh sounds divine!!

Thank you for sharing your trip. I really enjoy your reviews. We are heading there in 31 days and your posts are making me so anxious to start our trip. Congratulations on your engagement!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter