Get Fit For Disney!

Discussion in 'Eating Healthy' started by L-Harper, Mar 17, 2011.

1. knightgrl25

knightgrl25 Earning My Ears

Hello All!
    I'm going on a Disney cruise in October and I'm gonna try to lose 40 pounds by then! I just started Weight Watchers again and the 30 day shred. Love it. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hops&dreams

hops&dreams DIS Veteran

How are you doing on the shred? I just started doing it again yesterday.

4. knightgrl25

I love it! I normally do a level plus 2 circuits of another level just to make it 40 minutes. I switch days between that and the firm. How are you liking it?

5. hops&dreams

hops&dreams DIS Veteran

I'm doing it the regular way, and doing it every day, including weekends. I missed last night, so I'm doubling up today... Once in the morning and again in the evening. I do 3 lb weights for the first 3 days of a level, then do 5 lb weights for days/workouts 4-7, then do 8 lbs for days 8-10.

I've done it before and am not as sore as last time. Maybe I'm more fit now than last time I did it?

I'm only on day 4, but I feel like my "muffin top" is smaller. Dh says I'm just imagining it. ???

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

6. knightgrl25

I've noticed that too. The very first time I started the shred I couldn't move the next day I was so sore! This time around I'm having to work extra to feel sore.

I'm impressed by your weights! I usually don't use any for her because its so hard. When I do I use 5 pound weights.

The first week you usually lose a lot more weight then you will normally so I'm sure you're not just imagining it!! I love doing the shred, it makes me feel much better!

7. irishsymphony

irishsymphony Earning My Ears

I plan to read my way all through this thread when I get home.

Im on final day of Jason Vales 7lbs in 7 days diet, and off to Rome for the weekend but when I get home, I want to avoid falling back into my old eating habits and instead start up healthy.. Im a big fan of bread, potatoes, pasta etc!!

8. turkey1031

turkey1031 Mouseketeer

I decided the week of Halloween that I was going to lose 30 lbs by my June trip. Well by New Years I had already lost 20 lbs and 3 pants sizes. I still need to lose at least another 10lbs for me to be satisfied. I guess that means I should start doing some form of exercise. I'm just so lazy and unmotivated. I have learned a couple of cheats to make a healthier version of some of my favorites. Using eggplant instead of noodles for lasagna. Roasting cauliflower florets until golden for a popcorn substitute. I don't even like cauliflower but mash it up with a little garlic and it's a great substitute for mashed potatoes. I also enjoy butternut squash instead of potatoes for stews or shepards pie. I really want to get a spirooli. It can take a zucchini and turn it into spiral noodles so I can have a healthy "spaghetti" and meatballs. It also would make curly fries out of potatoes but I'm avoiding starch.
    I do wish I had a house because maybe then I'd have room for a treadmill or elliptical. There's just no room in the apartment. Also not really enough room to do exercise videos properly.