Germany: Once Upon a Fairytale Meets Thread

Call ABD with your reservation number and they can tell you the numbers of people as well as number of kids and their ages. We are going this summer on an ABD trip and already there are 15 kids with a nice mix aorund my daughter's age.

Called ABD today and found out that our trip is almost sold out :thumbsup2 and that there are several kids around my son's age on the trip and about 13 to 15 kids on the trip so far. :cool1:

Woohoo!! Woohoo!! Woohoo!! ::doing the happy dance:: We booked!!!!!!

We are on the July 14th Tour! SO looking forward to it! Heading in a day early, but leaving the last day of the tour. What shall we do for an extra day in Heidelberg? :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Woohoo!! Woohoo!! Woohoo!! ::doing the happy dance:: We booked!!!!!!

We are on the July 14th Tour! SO looking forward to it! Heading in a day early, but leaving the last day of the tour. What shall we do for an extra day in Heidelberg? :-)

Congrats!!! :thumbsup2 I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post. I kind of assumed it was you, DH & DD? :)

Sayhello

Congrats!!! :thumbsup2 I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post. I kind of assumed it was you, DH & DD? :)

Sayhello

Yep, I am taking them along. Lol. You can update us as July 14-22, 2013 Me, DH, DDalmost20. ;-)

Booked our day trip tour to Salzburg for our post ABD day. Only 62 days until we leave home to start our 3 week adventure!! Every free moment I have I find myself searching the internet, double checking and triple checking all of our trip details. :surfweb:

Booked our day trip tour to Salzburg for our post ABD day. Only 62 days until we leave home to start our 3 week adventure!! Every free moment I have I find myself searching the internet, double checking and triple checking all of our trip details. :surfweb:

So exciting! Three weeks is a HUGE trip! We only booked one day prior, staying at the same hotel in Heidelberg, but I am almost sorry we didn't take a post day to see Salzburg. (Especially after teaching my vocal students the Sound of Music!)

Isn't anyone else coming with us on July 14?! ;-)

Do you mind sharing what your plans are in Salzburg? We're adding a day there at the end of our trip but I haven't made specific plans yet. Looking for ideas.

Laurie

We booked a day tour via Local Munich Tours/Isango. There is a portion of the tour that is guided and 3 hours or so on your own. I plan to check out whatever highlights the guide doesn't cover. My DD is most interested in the Sound of Music sites.

We were at the sight in Salzburg where they have the gazebo used in the Sound of Music. It is glassed in so you can't go inside BUT the estate where it is located is amazing. It was a country estate of a Bishop and contains amazing fountains. Definitely tour this estate....beautiful and you will be impressed of the technology just based on water power. Eat lunch at the castle located high above the city where the views of the Alps in remarkable and does remind you of the movie. The food was really good also. Loved Salzburg. Very jealous here.:)

Only 27 more days until we step foot in Germany!! 13 more work days for myself and 13 more days of school for my DD. I haven't received our ABD box yet but have seen other DISer's post that the boxes are not being shipped out in a timely fashion due to "printer issues". Trying to not be impatient in the meantime. ;)

We got our ABD box with itinerary, luggage tags and backpacks today. The new style of backpack is not at all to our liking. I sure wish they hadn't changed it. Good news is we are going to GERMANY!! We leave in exactly 2 weeks. :cloud9:

We got our ABD box with itinerary, luggage tags and backpacks today. The new style of backpack is not at all to our liking. I sure wish they hadn't changed it. Good news is we are going to GERMANY!! We leave in exactly 2 weeks. :cloud9:

Please report back when you return! We leave in July! :-)
Have a great time!!!!

Please report back when you return! We leave in July! :-)
Have a great time!!!!

I will be posting my first trip report for Germany...or that is my plan at least. ;)
Since we are doing the Ireland ABD right after our Germany ABD we won't actually be back home until July 10th around 1am in the morning west coast time. I know we will be exhausted but I will try to post a small blurb when I eventually wake up. :faint: Please PM me if you have specific questions and I will try to answer those 1st. Having never done a trip report I'm not sure how long it will take. Good news is, I don't have to go back to work for a week after we return so I will have some time to work on it. :surfweb:

I will be posting my first trip report for Germany...or that is my plan at least. ;)
Since we are doing the Ireland ABD right after our Germany ABD we won't actually be back home until July 10th around 1am in the morning west coast time. I know we will be exhausted but I will try to post a small blurb when I eventually wake up. :faint: Please PM me if you have specific questions and I will try to answer those 1st. Having never done a trip report I'm not sure how long it will take. Good news is, I don't have to go back to work for a week after we return so I will have some time to work on it. :surfweb:

If you put daily detail and photos in it, it takes a lot of time!

Thanks for your offer! One of the things I am curious about is the actual "on your own time" you have in Munich. DD19 really would like to see Dachau Concentration Camp in Munich about 20 minutes away and wondered if it was at all possible. She is an European Studies minor and has spent a lot of time studying the Holocaust.
She may have to take a side trip while she is studying abroad in London next semester, but if it is doable, she'd like to now.

We arrive a day early in Heidelberg, so if you find something not to be missed that isn't on the tour, please share!

Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter