Georgia Alabama National Championship Game

The best 4 teams made the playoff this year. Ohio State was close but they simply lost a couple of bad games so they're SOL. We could have had a non SEC title game, all Oklahoma and Clemson had to do was go out and beat their SEC opponents but they failed.

A gratuitous assertion which logically can be equally gratuitously denied.

Maybe, maybe not. Impossible to say. Auburn destroyed Georgia and then got destroyed themselves in the SEC title game. And even in your argument, Clemson was ranked #1 by the committee (I don't think anyone had a problem with that ranking). And Bama went out there and stomped them. Bama earned it, period.
I disagree. Either honor conference champs or do away with it. A team shouldn’t be able to not make it to their conference champ & sit back & go to the playoffs without having to play that extra game.

I disagree. Either honor conference champs or do away with it. A team shouldn’t be able to not make it to their conference champ & sit back & go to the playoffs without having to play that extra game.

The job of the CFP is to pick the 4 best teams, and they did. If I told you to pick the neutral site winner between Bama and OSU, you would pick Bama 100x out of 100. And if you say you'd pick OSU, you're lying.

UCF was ranked 10th and was undefeated. They beat everyone they played, including #7 Auburn. They didn't play who they didn't play -- how is that the team's fault? That's the argument with the Philadelphia Eagles this year. Sure, they are 13-3, but they didn't play anyone good. Should they not be in the NFL playoffs?

The year the Rams won the Super Bowl, they had the easiest schedule in the NFL. No doubt, it may have played a part.

Nick_Saban_statue.jpg

LOL right right. Bama just won with a true freshman QB. But yes, it's all crashing down, lol.

First there were freshmen on both sides & it was a close game so it could have gone either way. What’ll come crashing down (eventually) is their uncanny ability to keep seniors who could start in the NFL, “recruit”, etc. Players from poor families seen driving luxury vehicles....the list goes on & on. It’ll happen AGAIN one day. They’ll get caught. Wouldn’t be their first time....in fact, Saban rebuilt the program after one such period in time where they were sanctioned & not bowl-eligible.

First there were freshmen on both sides & it was a close game so it could have gone either way. What’ll come crashing down (eventually) is their uncanny ability to keep seniors who could start in the NFL, “recruit”, etc. Players from poor families seen driving luxury vehicles....the list goes on & on. It’ll happen AGAIN one day. They’ll get caught. Wouldn’t be their first time....in fact, Saban rebuilt the program after one such period in time where they were sanctioned & not bowl-eligible.

Rightttttttttttttttttttttt, lol

Great Game.. I had no dawg in the fight.. or pun intended..

Was pulling a bit for Georgia but honestly just wanted a great game, check!

The winner of each of the P5 conferences, along the American, Mountain West, and Mid-American. AKA "the P8".
So Notre Dame would never be eligible for the playoffs?

IMO you can't compare college FB strength of schedule to NFL strength of schedule. NFL teams all face each other. UCF played two top 25 teams. Alabama played three top 20 teams (losing one). Georgia played three top 20 teams (splitting Auburn). There were no common opponents between UCF and the SEC.

Is a four team playoff ideal? Of course not. But it is SO much better than what came before. I think without a doubt the field will eventually expand to eight. Then the #9 team will be complaining. But ask yourself this... will people travel to a quarterfinal game, a semi-final, and a final? All at neutral fields? All possibly involving flights?

I was rooting for Georgia last night because I viewed them as the underdog. But they couldn't put away Alabama. There were a couple calls that went against the Dawgs that could have changed the flow of the game, but that's football for you.

IMO you can't compare college FB strength of schedule to NFL strength of schedule. NFL teams all face each other. UCF played two top 25 teams. Alabama played three top 20 teams (losing one). Georgia played three top 20 teams (splitting Auburn). There were no common opponents between UCF and the SEC.

Is a four team playoff ideal? Of course not. But it is SO much better than what came before. I think without a doubt the field will eventually expand to eight. Then the #9 team will be complaining. But ask yourself this... will people travel to a quarterfinal game, a semi-final, and a final? All at neutral fields? All possibly involving flights?

I was rooting for Georgia last night because I viewed them as the underdog. But they couldn't put away Alabama. There were a couple calls that went against the Dawgs that could have changed the flow of the game, but that's football for you.

A better way would be winners of the P5 and then 3 at-large berths (with at least one of these at-large berths coming from the smaller conferences if that team is in the top 15 of the BCS rankings - it's automatic, committee only gets to seed them, not decide their entrance). Now some people are going to argue that that's not fair, well that's just honestly too damn bad. The NCAA does that with basketball teams, taking horrid teams as the 15 and 16 seeds when they could easily fill those slots with middling teams from the major conferences.

That especially Alabama football for you!

Last edited:
Players from poor families seen driving luxury vehicles....the list goes on & on.

Oh wow!

Once the investigation is over will they lose all 5 Championships?

Are they investigating Saban at Michigan State and LSU or do they think he jusy started cheating when he got to Alabama?

There is NO room for cheating-there has to be a level playing field.

Thanks for the info!

Oh wow!

Once the investigation is over will they lose all 5 Championships?

Are they investigating Saban at Michigan State and LSU or do they think he jusy started cheating when he got to Alabama?

There is NO room for cheating-there has to be a level playing field.

Thanks for the info!
Idk. Depends when it became egregious. This is not my original thought, of course. Idk when Saban started cheating, but I know Bama certainly has been known for it over the years before Saban. LSU has one of the strictest compliance offices in the NCAA so perhaps Saban found it easier to cheat once he got to a place where it was more welcomed. It’s also possible, Saban will have plausible deniability & it was mostly the boosters. I suspect when Saban decides to “retire” is when we see it unravel. Like when Pete Carroll went to USC. It’s happened to big programs before INCLUDING BAMA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter