Georgia Alabama National Championship Game

asta

DIS Veteran
Anyone here lucky enough to have tickets to the game Monday night? The ticket price is much too high for us to even think about it. I think it will be a great game but apparently many other people do too. Resale prices per ticket are around $1500 and up. In 2016 the championship game tickets were reselling for under $300.

My husband had to be in California and got to go to the Rose Bowl to see the Georgia-Oklahoma game. He said it was the best football game he has ever seen and he watches a lot of football.

A co-worker (and Clemson fan) bought 4 tickets and a parking pass through a lottery back in October. I think his cost then was $375 per ticket and $60 for the parking pass. He has already sold the parking pass for $250 and hopes to get $2,000 per ticket.

Two words - Go Dawgs

We aren’t going. Will watch on tv. We are in Atlanta and the traffic downtown for the game will be insane. They are asking local Atlantans to work from home that day :)

4 words- Go Dawgs and Roll Tide! I am a UGA grad, and our DD attends Alabama.

We live too far away from ATL to think about going to the game. I have many, many college friends who live in the ATL area- haven't heard of any of them yet who get to go to the game. Tickets are outrageous!

DD has a few friends who signed up for the student ticket giveaway (Taco Bell, I think??) and won.

All I have to say is I hope UGA takes care of Bama like they should’ve been able to do & eliminate them in the SEC championship. But, instead, Bama got to just sit back (again) & let UGA play that extra game. Geaux Dawgs!!

I can't imagine that Bama loses this game.

I can imagine it... but that might be all it is, imagination...
fingers crossed... but will be fun to watch either way.

My neighbor across the street has PSLs (Falcons season tix) and I have been meaning to ask him if he got a crack at the CFP Champ game tix... i know they offer those to Cowboys PSL Owners in Arlington for any bowl games played at AT&T Stadium.

I live in Athens, home of UGA so go Dawgs. We didn't even try for tickets because we saw after the game that stub hub got killed by people trying to buy tickets. We will watch it on TV (well honey and my son will, I'm not allowed to watch the games because I've been declared bad luck). Frankly, we didn't even think we'd get to the SEC championship so winning that and the play off were bonuses as far as we were concerned. We felt really sorry for Pasendena when we won, living here we know how bad it gets when Ga. wins and there were a lot of Georgia fans there. We looked into tickets for the Rose Bowl and there were plenty available and at a fairly decent price but air fare and hotels were what stopped us.

I work in downtown Atlanta and can see Mercedez Benz Stadium right out my window. Traffic is going to be insane and now with Trump attending, things will be extra crazy. The City Of Atlanta is closing offices at 2pm on Monday and the governor is encouraging other businesses to do the same.

I am a Big 10 girl and even after living down here since 2005, still am not as rabid about college football as the South seems to be. But, GO DAWGS!!!!!

Last edited:
Spent six years in Athens and had two babies there. Husband's PhD is from UGA.

On the contrary, I grew up 45 min away from Tuscaloosa and hate the Tide with a passion.

Go Dawgs.

I would like to see a true playoff system with 8 teams (the winner of each of the P5 conferences, along the American, Mountain West, and Mid-American) duke it out. I mean, why does the "national championship" game have two SEC teams? That would be like a Eagles/Cowboys Super Bowl.

I would like to see a true playoff system with 8 teams (the winner of each of the P5 conferences, along the American, Mountain West, and Mid-American) duke it out. I mean, why does the "national championship" game have two SEC teams? That would be like a Eagles/Cowboys Super Bowl.

This year brings into full view why the CFB plus one isn't a real playoff. It's still just as much of a beauty contest as it always was. An undefeated team that just beat Auburn, and Auburn beat Alabama and went 1-1 vs Georgia, got left out. It would be like the NFL years back saying Sorry New England. You're undefeated. But sorry. You're in the AFC east and well we think it wasn't good enough. You're out.

Of course all we heard before the Peach Bowl is The SEC is going to smash UCF. It's going to be the definitive proof of whether they're good enough. And they're not.
After the Peach Bowl. Well Auburn just didn't care. UCF still isn't good enough. That bowl means nothing.
Wow. From definitive proof to nothing just because UCF won it. Nice.

This year brings into full view why the CFB plus one isn't a real playoff. It's still just as much of a beauty contest as it always was. An undefeated team that just beat Auburn, and Auburn beat Alabama and went 1-1 vs Georgia, got left out. It would be like the NFL years back saying Sorry New England. You're undefeated. But sorry. You're in the AFC east and well we think it wasn't good enough. You're out.

Of course all we heard before the Peach Bowl is The SEC is going to smash UCF. It's going to be the definitive proof of whether they're good enough. And they're not.
After the Peach Bowl. Well Auburn just didn't care. UCF still isn't good enough. That bowl means nothing.
Wow. From definitive proof to nothing just because UCF won it. Nice.
This is an old argument. It is easy to go undefeated when you play an easier schedule. There are many factors that go into rankings. Strength of schedule is factored in to prevent a team from building a great W-L record by not playing the stronger teams. Their defeat of Auburn would mean more if they had a strong record against ranked teams.

Their defeat of Auburn would mean more if they had a strong record against ranked teams.

UCF was ranked 10th and was undefeated. They beat everyone they played, including #7 Auburn. They didn't play who they didn't play -- how is that the team's fault? That's the argument with the Philadelphia Eagles this year. Sure, they are 13-3, but they didn't play anyone good. Should they not be in the NFL playoffs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter