George Zimmerman Trial Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of prey goes up to the hunter punches them in the face?

You do not know what you are going to do when you are stalked like prey.

Happened to me 30 years ago and I got him before he got me.

The reality is that he was likely only after my purse. The smart thing would be just to say "take it" and consider myself safe and sound. But I was so amped up, I just let loose on the guy. Y'all have no clue how you will react to being followed like that.

It just should not be ok to follow someone like that - especially someone who is walking alone in the dark. I think they have every right in that situation to assume the person means you harm - especially if they do not declare themselves.

You do not know what you are going to do when you are stalked like prey.

Happened to me 30 years ago and I got him before he got me.

The reality is that he was likely only after my purse. The smart thing would be just to say "take it" and consider myself safe and sound. But I was so amped up, I just let loose on the guy. Y'all have no clue how you will react to being followed like that.

It just should not be ok to follow someone like that - especially someone who is walking alone in the dark. I think they have every right in that situation to assume the person means you harm - especially if they do not declare themselves.

I agree with this 100%. It's hard to see how someone stalks someone and then claims self defense. They are the aggressor.

Richard Hornsby, the legal expert linked to on this thread several times, explains lesser included offenses in Florida.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/even...nd-manslaughter-he-could-still-serve-25-years

The experts on CNN and other networks don't know Florida law. Just sayin...

I wonder if the jury knows of the punishments for the lesser included offenses whether they would be less apt to convict. I do not think it would skew my decision, but I have to wonder if it would skew other's decisions.

I agree with this 100%. It's hard to see how someone stalks someone and then claims self defense. They are the aggressor.

I'm not sure I necessarily agree with this. Let's say that I get into a verbal argument with another person. She then gets physical with me by hitting me in the face. She has now opened herself up to being charged with assault. The fact that I started the argument would not matter - she took it to a physical level.

Likewise, in this situation, we do know that GZ got out of his car and followed TM. After he had already followed him for a bit, the dispatcher told him that they didn't need him to do that. We hear his breathing slow which does let us know that he stopped pursuing as aggressively. Whether he continued to pursue at all us really unknown at this point. We also know that TM didn't go home. Based on the testimony of Rachel as well as physical evidence, we can surmise that there did come a point where he started looking for GZ, as well. We know that he did change directions at one point since he was at his door and didn't go inside. Because of this, I can't see how a person can place 100% of the blame on GZ and claim he was the aggressor. TM wasn't being followed, had GZ catch up to him, and then have the fight start out of fear for safety/life. TM had the ability to go home which would be the safest place for him. Instead, he chose to go back and confront GZ (again, we know this from Rachel's testimony). At that point, the safest place for GZ was in his car heading home. Now, if TM had let GZ flee, he went to his car, then turned around and confronted TM, that would also be a different situation. As is, we know that TM started to go home, changed directions, and then confronted GZ. To blame this all on GZ because he got out of his car and followed TM is shortsighted.

I'm confused about why West was objecting to the judge's direct question to Zimmerman as to whether he plans to testify.:confused3 She over ruled him several times, and kind of rudely.

I'm confused about why West was objecting to the judge's direct question to Zimmerman as to whether he plans to testify.:confused3 She over ruled him several times, and kind of rudely.

Because the defense hadn't rested, they weren't even done questioning witnesses. It was too early for her to ask that question.

First of all, the defense had not completed their case. The timing and her behavior was inappropriate.

Is it true, this judge was recently reversed....she refused to include a self defense instruction?

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Judge Nelson allows manslaughter to be an option for the jury. #ZimmermanTrial

Actually, she wasn't asking him if he planned to testify; she was asking him if he had decided whether he planned to testify, and if he hadn't decided, how much more time would he need to make his decision. One of the TV legal experts (don't remember if it was local TV or the Today show this a.m.) said that Don West couldn't object to a judge's comments, only comments made by the prosecution or the prosecution witnesses. And after the judge overruled him once, he needed to be quiet. I agree that the judge was kind of rude (she walked out on the proceedings on Tuesday night. It was 10:00 p.m., defense was just pushing her buttons and she had had ENOUGH! She adjourned court until 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, gathered up her paperwork and walked out.)

Queen Colleen

Lessor Charge of Manslaughter is in....
Now, they're digging for more? Ag assault wasn't appropriate...now child abuse? Who's feeding the prosecution these charges?
Actually, she wasn't asking him if he planned to testify; she was asking him if he had decided whether he planned to testify, and if he hadn't decided, how much more time would he need to make his decision. One of the TV legal experts (don't remember if it was local TV or the Today show this a.m.) said that Don West couldn't object to a judge's comments, only comments made by the prosecution or the prosecution witnesses. And after the judge overruled him once, he needed to be quiet. I agree that the judge was kind of rude (she walked out on the proceedings on Tuesday night. It was 10:00 p.m., defense was just pushing her buttons and she had had ENOUGH! She adjourned court until 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, gathered up her paperwork and walked out.)

Queen Colleen
i didn't hear one legal expert say, the judge was appropriate and West was out of line...and I was channel surfing. :confused3

What on earth is the prosecution talking about right now? He's trying to include 3rd degree with child abuse and is quoting a case that doesn't sound applicable.

Ok, so I guess the prosecution is just spinning a big wheel around with every type of charge and letting the pointer land and going with that.;)

Mantei wants 3rd degree felony murder added into the mix. #ZimmermanTrial

New Tweets

13s

hWest is disgusted and can't believe the child abuse and other charges the state wants to bring in. #ZimmermanTrial

1m

"Oh my god, just when I thought the case couldn't get any more bizarre" exclaims West #ZimmermanTrial. pic.twitter.com/EJA8WA9mlz

View image on Twitter

Expand

now

Mantei is talking about 3rd degree felony murder based on child abuse now since #Trayvon was a minor. #ZimmermanTrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter