George Bush IAH Airport to Galveston by Bus

StephenKay

DVC Member VWL 2001
Hi there,

I am coming to George Bush in may for the EBTA and have not found a way to easily get onto Galveson Island. Is it possible to get the 102? bus from IAH airport to downtown Houston and then catch a Greyhound to Galveston. I arrive quite late 18:30

Any advice ?

Many thanks,

You can book ground transfers through Disney. I think it's $60 round-trip. Picks you up at the terminal and drops off at the boat.

No hassles! Totally worth it!

You can book ground transfers through Disney. I think it's $60 round-trip. Picks you up at the terminal and drops off at the boat.

No hassles! Totally worth it!

I'm thinking OP is arriving the night before.

Hi there,

I am coming to George Bush in may for the EBTA and have not found a way to easily get onto Galveson Island. Is it possible to get the 102? bus from IAH airport to downtown Houston and then catch a Greyhound to Galveston. I arrive quite late 18:30
Any advice ?

Many thanks,

Honestly, I would just take a cab. It's probably about $80, but not as sketchy as a greyhound. I have taken cabs from hobby to Galveston several times. I live in Dallas, and I would not take a greyhound.

I've researched this pretty extensively. Seems like the best thing to do is to hire a private car service or take a cab if you want to get to Galveston that night. You could also stay near the airport and head back to the airport to catch the DCL transportation to port.

I've researched this pretty extensively. Seems like the best thing to do is to hire a private car service or take a cab if you want to get to Galveston that night. You could also stay near the airport and head back to the airport to catch the DCL transportation to port.

We came in the night before and stayed at the Airport Marriott on the airport property ($160/night). Others flew in the night before and took DCL transfers to the Hotel Galvez in Galveston. I would think from there you could take a cab to wherever you wanted to stay on the island.

TookTheRedOne said:
We came in the night before and stayed at the Airport Marriott on the airport property ($160/night). Others flew in the night before and took DCL transfers to the Hotel Galvez in Galveston. I would think from there you could take a cab to wherever you wanted to stay on the island.

I had no idea DCL transfers you to the hotel from the airport the night before sailing. I thought all transfers from the airport were to port the day of sailing.

luv2sleep said:
I had no idea DCL transfers you to the hotel from the airport the night before sailing. I thought all transfers from the airport were to port the day of sailing.

I wasn't aware of this either. Can anyone verify this? We're sailing out of Galveston in Nov and plan to fly into Hobby the day before. It would be nice to use DCL transfers and spend the night in Galveston.

We just sailed out of Galveston on 2/15. We flew into IAH the night before - we could have gotten DCL transfers to certain airport or Galveston hotels (sorry, can't remember which ones, Airport Marriot, Hotel Galvez and one other I think) and then DCL transfers to the port in the morning. There were 7 of us, so we ended up doing a one way rental to Galveston with Enterprise. Call DCL to see if they offering this for Hobby for your cruise dates. For some reason, it doesnt seem they have been consistant with offering transfers from Hobby.

samily said:
We just sailed out of Galveston on 2/15. We flew into IAH the night before - we could have gotten DCL transfers to certain airport or Galveston hotels (sorry, can't remember which ones, Airport Marriot, Hotel Galvez and one other I think) and then DCL transfers to the port in the morning. There were 7 of us, so we ended up doing a one way rental to Galveston with Enterprise. Call DCL to see if they offering this for Hobby for your cruise dates. For some reason, it doesnt seem they have been consistant with offering transfers from Hobby.

Wow. I had no idea! Certainly makes Galveston cruises more appealing.

I'm a Houston local. I would NOT do the bus thing. Super shuttle or similar service, cab, or Disney setup-yes...but trust me, that would be one unhappy bus trip (transfers, traffic, timing-oh my!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter