• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

George Best

Funniebunny

<font color=6666cc>She can't always be on holiday,
I have just read that George Best has now passed away.
I will say a prayer for his family and friends

The family have just given a press conference and asked to be left alone. I hope that now the press have 'done their job' they will respect this request made by his father.

That is so sad i used to love georgie when i was a child had a lovely poster of him on my wall.

What a tragic waste. I hope he's at peace at long last.

As a Chelsea supporter there are few footballers who gain genuine respect from opposition fans but Georgie was certainly one who did. It was said that he spent all his money on women, gambling and drink and squandered the rest of it! RIP Georgie and I hope that fans everywhere will respect a minutes silence before the games played tomorrow.

As I Liverpool fan I have to say George was one of the best players ever.
His family should be left alone now.

Sad when anyone passes away, but to be controversial here, I do wonder how he managed to get two liver transplants (so I've been told) and still managed to wreck them both. His passing was on the cards for sometime now.

As a Man U fan, George Best is the reason I began my love of football. He was an artist on the field and the best proponent of the game that there has ever been. I was very young when I first saw him weave his magic and being from NI, I just had to support his team. I really did cry today when I heard the news.

Maggs

I remember him on Parky in the 80's. Apparantly, he'd visited Canada so Parky asked him why. The reply was "I saw this advertisement on a London bus, it said 'Drink Canada Dry'....I couldn't resist, so I went". :rotfl2:

#1MMFan said:
Sad when anyone passes away, but to be controversial here, I do wonder how he managed to get two liver transplants (so I've been told) and still managed to wreck them both. His passing was on the cards for sometime now.
Well, he was an alcoholic so maybe it was inevitable that he would 'wreck' multiple livers, but that doesn't make him a bad person or unworthy of a transplant in my opinion.

UKDEB said:
Well, he was an alcoholic so maybe it was inevitable that he would 'wreck' multiple livers, but that doesn't make him a bad person or unworthy of a transplant in my opinion.

No, but where would you put an alcoholic on the transplant list... above or below someone with primary biliary cirrhosis or wilson's disease or haemachromatosis or ...?? JMHO.

#1MMFan said:
No, but where would you put an alcoholic on the transplant list... above or below someone with primary biliary cirrhosis or wilson's disease or haemachromatosis or ...?? JMHO.
That's my point. Not above. Not below. No less worthy, no more worthy.

Well given these other conditions are not self-inflicted, i would have to disagree IMHO.

UKDEB said:
This really puzzles me. We have a very good friend who has had 2 heart attacks and yet continues to smoke. When anyone comments on it he says: "Well it doesn't make me a bad person". I don't understand the thinking behind that. No, it doesn't make them a bad person but why would you continue with self-destructive behaviour when you've been given a second (or third) chance? There must be something in their lives that makes them want to press the self-destruct button. I'm not being judgemental - I really wish I could understand so I could help our friend before it's too late. Has anybody got any theories?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter