Geocachers at Disney

Tommy Evans

Earning My Ears
I'd love to hear your feedback on this...

Let me preface this by saying that my family and I love to go geocaching. If you are not familiar with this hobby, then this may not be a topic for you (but you can learn about it at geocaching.com). If so, read on...

Our family will be going to Walt Disney World in a few weeks, and will be there on February 29th - "leap day". I'm planning on catching a virtual geocache at Magic Kingdom to obtain the souvenir for finding a cache. But there's also a souvenir for attending an event. SO - I created at event at Magic Kingdom - just 45 minutes in the evening right before our dinner reservations. I thought it would be very cool to meet other cachers from all over the US / world, chat a little, and get the event souvenir.
I created the event, but the reviewer denied it because it would require people to have a park ticket. But - that's the whole idea. If I held the event off Disney property, then I'd expect to get a lot of locals attending, and that's not really the point.

I'm just wondering how many geocachers go to Disney, and - specifically -how many will be there on February 29th.

I go to Disney annually but will not be there this month...sorry. Otherwise I would attend! Our family loves geocaching!

Set the event for right outside of MK, like at the base of the monorail entrance. or at the IG at Epcot.

We love geocaching...such a fun family activity AND we will be at MK on the 29th!!

We geocache and love it and will be there Feb/March but the 29 is our Sea world day Bummer :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter