General Questions for Polynesian Lovers

Happyjen27

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the official Poly thread, but I haven't heard anything. I'm sure there are some helpful Poly lovers out there!!

I have on my "nice to have" packing list some sand toys for the Poly beach. Considering the weather in Orlando in a week, is this something I should pack, or something I should ditch? I'm thinking it may not be warm enough to play in the sand.

Is anyone currently swimming in the pools? I know my kids would love to, but not if it's too chilly.

I also have on my list some febreeze in case the room is stinky. Does the Poly launder their bedspreads enough where I shouldn't need this? In general, I don't like any artificial scents of any kind, and I hate to spray anything in a public space because it can trigger migraines for people. At the same time, I won't be able to sleep well in a stinky bed.

I've heard of FW having S'mores at their campfires. Do they do that at the fires between the GF and Poly? Is it possible to bring our own S'Mores kits or should we shell out the big dollas?

Some people have recommended over the door shoe hangers to keep all the stuff in the bathroom organized. If I'm reading the floorplans right, there should be a fair amount of space on the bathroom counter. None of us are overly high maintenance with tons of products. Should I forget about this idea, or persue it?

Thanks in advance!!

Now, how will I think about a Turkey tomorrow when I've got a Mouse to think about???

I posted this on the official Poly thread, but I haven't heard anything. I'm sure there are some helpful Poly lovers out there!! I have on my "nice to have" packing list some sand toys for the Poly beach. Considering the weather in Orlando in a week, is this something I should pack, or something I should ditch? I'm thinking it may not be warm enough to play in the sand.

Looks like it should be in the 70s next week. That is definitely warm enough for our DS11. If you have room, I'd bring them.

Is anyone currently swimming in the pools? I know my kids would love to, but not if it's too chilly.

Being from Chicago, we would definitely be swimming even down to the 60s. The pools are heated, the only issue is the air when you get out. But 60-70 would feel warm to us this time of year.

I also have on my list some febreeze in case the room is stinky. Does the Poly launder their bedspreads enough where I shouldn't need this? In general, I don't like any artificial scents of any kind, and I hate to spray anything in a public space because it can trigger migraines for people. At the same time, I won't be able to sleep well in a stinky bed.

I have never come across an issue with artificial odors at any WDW resort.

I've heard of FW having S'mores at their campfires. Do they do that at the fires between the GF and Poly? Is it possible to bring our own S'Mores kits or should we shell out the big dollas?

Yes they do. Sticks and marshmallows are provided. If you want S'Mores, you just need graham crackers and chocolate. Yes, you can bring your own if you'd like.

Some people have recommended over the door shoe hangers to keep all the stuff in the bathroom organized. If I'm reading the floorplans right, there should be a fair amount of space on the bathroom counter. None of us are overly high maintenance with tons of products. Should I forget about this idea, or persue it?

We have used them and love it. Not that there isn't enough room on the counter, there's plenty. We just prefer to keep it neat and organized.

personally I wouldn't bother with the shoe holder thing. The bathroom counter is fairly large and there is also a long shelf above the counter too. Plenty of room on the shelf and in the space under the shelf to keep things out of the way yet still handy. There are also two large cubbies under the sink/counter. Unless you have 5 teenage girls in the room (lol) I would think it was plenty of space for folks who aren't very high maintenance. Of course, a shoe holder thing doesn't take much room to pack. Oh, one other thing I thought of, the back of the bathroom door is where the full length mirror is, so the shoe holder would have to hang on the outside of the bathroom door (and what good is that?) or it will block the mirror. Something to think about if that matters to you.

We are just back from the Poly. We had several days in the mid 70s and there were a number of kids in the pool. I thought the Poly water though heated was chilly to swim in but it was nice to hang out on the beach. There was plenty of space on the bathroom counter for stuff.

Thank you everyone!! I'm packing now, and ooooh, this is fun!

We leave in 4 days for FL!!:cool1:

I posted this on the official Poly thread, but I haven't heard anything. I'm sure there are some helpful Poly lovers out there!!

I have on my "nice to have" packing list some sand toys for the Poly beach. Considering the weather in Orlando in a week, is this something I should pack, or something I should ditch? I'm thinking it may not be warm enough to play in the sand. I found some sand toys at the gift shop at the GCH, it has been two years since I have stayed at the Poly, so someone else will know if they still carry them. They are also fun to play with in the pool, so if it's warm enough to swim, go for it!

Is anyone currently swimming in the pools? I know my kids would love to, but not if it's too chilly.The pools are heated, my kids don't mind cooler weather to swim

I also have on my list some febreeze in case the room is stinky. Does the Poly launder their bedspreads enough where I shouldn't need this? In general, I don't like any artificial scents of any kind, and I hate to spray anything in a public space because it can trigger migraines for people. At the same time, I won't be able to sleep well in a stinky bed. I did not notice any bad smells in our room or anywhere. You could bring some just in case, but it was not needed for our room. Our room was very clean and lovely.

I've heard of FW having S'mores at their campfires. Do they do that at the fires between the GF and Poly? Is it possible to bring our own S'Mores kits or should we shell out the big dollas? They have nightly movies and smore's. We brought our own chocolate and grahams'

Some people have recommended over the door shoe hangers to keep all the stuff in the bathroom organized. If I'm reading the floorplans right, there should be a fair amount of space on the bathroom counter. None of us are overly high maintenance with tons of products. Should I forget about this idea, or persue it? I brought more hangers, an over the door travel pouch and a pop up laundry basket. The bathrooms are large and have plenty of space for the laundry basket. It was awesome to put all of our dirty clothes in there and then take the whole thing to the laundry facility at the Poly.

Thanks in advance!!

Now, how will I think about a Turkey tomorrow when I've got a Mouse to think about???

The Poly is our favorite resort!! Take time to explore the grounds, walk to the TTC at night to catch the EPCOT monorail (the path is lovely at night). Watch Wishes from the beach and enjoy a Lapu Lapu (rum drink in a big pineapple).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter