General questions about the park reservation system

Am I understanding correctly? If you are at the reserved park day on Tuesday, one doesn’t get the chance to reserve another day until the end of Wednesday at midnight?

I found this list posted on a FB page of resorts with Resort reservation system access, according to a CM:
  • B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista
  • Best Western Lake Buena Vista
  • DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando
  • Four Seasons Resort
  • Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
  • Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
  • Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
  • Holiday Inn Orlando
  • Waldorf Astoria Orlando
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
  • Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
  • Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
  • Shades of Green® on Walt Disney World® Resort

Thank you!! At least pre-COVID, I loved hanging at Raglan Road and other late night places, so in the past couple of years I've been staying frequently at the Wyndham LBV or Hilton BVP - glad to see this!

Hi!
I am coming to Orlando for a week. (July 28- Aug. 4) I am an annual pass holder. Can I make a new park reservation after using a reservation? We did not get a reservation for AK and my dd wants to ride Everest. Thanks!

Hi!
I am coming to Orlando for a week. (July 28- Aug. 4) I am an annual pass holder. Can I make a new park reservation after using a reservation? We did not get a reservation for AK and my dd wants to ride Everest. Thanks!
after using the first one you have to wait until the next day to book

after using the first one you have to wait until the next day to book
Ok, thank you. I have looked all over and could not find an answer. Hoping that we will be able to get one more reservation. We have Premier annual passes and after spending all that money, it would be a bummer to only get 3.

One last thought, has anyone been able to get another park reservation after using one?

I made a December reservation for Pop Century but we really want to stay at Wilderness Lodge which is not yet accepting reservations. If it does open up, I make a WL reservation, and then cancel the Pop reservation, will my Park reservations be cancelled? Thanks.
I've made several changes to resort reservations, switched resorts, moved the whole vacation back a day, and this did not affect my park pass reservations.

We have all of our park reservations set but I was wondering if you are able to leave the park, have lunch at one of the resorts, with a reservation of course, and then return back to that park. Not park hopping, just leaving and coming back into the same park on the same day... Thank you!

We have all of our park reservations set but I was wondering if you are able to leave the park, have lunch at one of the resorts, with a reservation of course, and then return back to that park. Not park hopping, just leaving and coming back into the same park on the same day... Thank you!

Yes.

I think it was a week or 2 ago that Disney clarified that if you have a park pass, you can leave a park and return to the same park. So far, still no park hopping. Although, with shorter hours, this may not be as important.

How does this work? We currently have Sept reservations staying at Pop Century with park reservations in place; however, we are considering staying off sight. How does that effect my daily park reservations? Thanks,

We are staying off site for our October trip (got moved from April)....and we have our park reservations for all days that we're there.....I'm not sure how your situation will play out, since you already have your reservations, and are changing them. I wouldn't think it would affect it, but I'd chat with a CM on the Disney site....that chat feature is really handy. :)

Since there are separate buckets for on site vs off site, I think there are two possibilities of what might happen.

1) Disney will cancel all of your reservations and you will need to remake them in the day guest bucket (subject to availability)
2) Disney move your current reservations to the new bucket, if there is availability. They would cancel any reservations for a park that has no availability in the day guest bucket. For example, if you had a reservation for DHS with the on site stay, but day guests that is full to capacity it would cancel that one. But if you had one for EPCOT and there was availability they would move it for you.

In all honesty, I would expect number one. It would be the same as FP+ and losing it if you cancel your resort stay. You would then need to remake them

Since there are separate buckets for on site vs off site, I think there are two possibilities of what might happen.

1) Disney will cancel all of your reservations and you will need to remake them in the day guest bucket (subject to availability)
2) Disney move your current reservations to the new bucket, if there is availability. They would cancel any reservations for a park that has no availability in the day guest bucket. For example, if you had a reservation for DHS with the on site stay, but day guests that is full to capacity it would cancel that one. But if you had one for EPCOT and there was availability they would move it for you.

In all honesty, I would expect number one. It would be the same as FP+ and losing it if you cancel your resort stay. You would then need to remake them
Agreed-I would expect them to be cancelled. Now the question is what kind of tickets you have. If you have an AP, then presumably without a resort stay you'd be unable to hold more than 3 days of park passes at time. If you have "regular" tickets, availability is wide open at all part for ticketholders in September, so shouldn't be an issue to rebook the park passes if you do it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter