General Magic Drydock info

I spoke to hundreds and I am not kidding, I used the week to door step everyone from the 2 captains and CD's all week.
Good job getting the scoop! Any background as a reporter or investigator?

Woody

What does "door step" mean?

Basically I stopped them in corridors or elevators or in the main lobby eg catching them on their door step and off guard. I wanted to find out as much as I can and I cross reference some things by asking different officers the same question. They are ready for it and just wanted to get started, the HR dept is going to act as a PR dept over drydock so hopefully they will keep the updates coming via the blog.

I also got an insight into the 2015 season, well all I got it's going to be very different, seemingly they have managed to "break into" many ports that have been off limits due to Carnival/RCI having first call for many years. I cant tell you where the Magic will be, but it will be new and I think a British port or something around there Amsterdam possibly, we shall just have to wait.

Basically I stopped them in corridors or elevators or in the main lobby eg catching them on their door step and off guard. I wanted to find out as much as I can and I cross reference some things by asking different officers the same question. They are ready for it and just wanted to get started, the HR dept is going to act as a PR dept over drydock so hopefully they will keep the updates coming via the blog.

I also got an insight into the 2015 season, well all I got it's going to be very different, seemingly they have managed to "break into" many ports that have been off limits due to Carnival/RCI having first call for many years. I cant tell you where the Magic will be, but it will be new and I think a British port or something around there Amsterdam possibly, we shall just have to wait.
Thanks for explaining. I had never heard that expression before. Is it a Scottish thing or have I been living under a rock? :laughing:

On the EBTA this year, many of the officers at the Gold & Platinum get together were asked about the work that was going to be done as the Magic made it's way back west this fall. They seemed to be looking forward to the challenge.

Thank you for those pictures and your insights from the last cruise of the original Magic. I am so glad to have sailed on her, and we hope she returns to Europe in 2015, we want to do another crossing!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I kind of wish there was a way we could watch the new changes being made. It would be cool to see it all come together.

Just a quick question. Are the connecting rooms going to change in the refit?I have just booked 2 connecting cat 7 rooms for our Med cruise next summer and I am worried now!

Just a quick question. Are the connecting rooms going to change in the refit?I have just booked 2 connecting cat 7 rooms for our Med cruise next summer and I am worried now!

No reason to be worried, DCL have been looking to add to the connecting room inventory for sometime and its all dependant on how they get on during the drydock, they plan to add 13 new connecting doors which will help families. Strangely, I spoke with the GS Officer and the Hotel Director although they didn't have a list authorised to "go out" they advised that we ring DCL in a couple of weeks or look for new info on the website.

Hope this helps, they are addding rooms.

I love watching the Travel Channels Sovereign of the Sea Dry dock from early 2000’s. It would be really neat I they did the same practice for the Magic.

When I booked our family on the October 20 cruise I was booking for the double dip at Castaway. Then I heard about the drydock and thought it would be fun to be on the "next" Maiden Voyage, so to speak. It never occurred to me that they may also run into delays! Hopefully it goes well. Who knows, maybe if there is a delay they'll send the Dream from PC to Miami to pick us up. It sails on the same day for a 4 day cruise!

I forgot to mention another snippet I got from Capt John, I asked if he could let me know something unusually for he stateroom refurbishment programme and let he know that, all the dividers on the balconys are being changed, along with the railings and plexi glass and added the furniture also. I should have taken my wife's dictation machine so I could remember everything.

I bet all hell is breaking loose on the ship today.

i hope this happen i might even take my nephews with me if their parents are oke with me taking them

I forgot to mention another snippet I got from Capt John, I asked if he could let me know something unusually for he stateroom refurbishment programme and let he know that, all the dividers on the balconys are being changed,

I'm reallllllly hoping they add removable dividers like the fantasy and dream!

If this becomes a reality, I will be very excited.

Hmmmm British port you say?? Bermuda is a British port...just saying (and hoping) LOL!!

MJ

Hmmmm British port you say?? Bermuda is a British port...just saying (and hoping) LOL!!

MJ

You and me both. Bermuda was the reason we started sailing other cruise lines. Going back on RCCL in 2014. The second DCL goes to Bermuda we will be booking B2B regardless of cost.

We were starting to look around at options for getting to Tortola (bucket list) when the information about the development in Road Town came out. Now have fingers crossed for that in 2015 on DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter