• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

General DL Questions...PLEASE HELP!

KatGarcia

Just Keep Swimming.
OK we are hoping to go this June (its almost a definite) and I know NOTHING of DL! I consider myself pretty clued in on WDW but DL I'm lost... so my main questions are:

What is the dining plan/plans and should I use them?
Where are affordable restaurants we shouldn't miss?
Any other tips would be much appreciated!

OK we are hoping to go this June (its almost a definite) and I know NOTHING of DL! I consider myself pretty clued in on WDW but DL I'm lost... so my main questions are:

What is the dining plan/plans and should I use them?
Where are affordable restaurants we shouldn't miss?
Any other tips would be much appreciated!
Hi Kat,

GRENDEL also has a similar post "A WDW Vet goes to DL" or something like that. Over 3 pages worth of info & most of them the past 2-3 days.

Also, Read all of HydroGuy's (you'll see his posts) "Links". First, read his link on a DL guide for WDW veterans...Essential reading. Then, read his How to use FastPass at DL link. Then read all the others.

Have a great time! :thumbsup2

My personal opinion is that the dining plan would be wasted at DLR, but then again, I am an AP holder and a little biased. Read that other 3 page thread that was pointed out in the begining where I have a review of the French Market (a Counter Service restaurant).

For the most part, you will have an absolutely awesome time because you can do both parks all day long hopping back and fourth without ever feeling overtaxed (this is only because you are used to the distances at WDW) - there is only a few less attractions between the 2 parks here than there are at all 4 parks at WDW - we just provide for them in a lot less space. Because of the minimal amount of space, it can "feel" very crowded before it actually becomes crowded. Keep that in mind and plan for it.

Early entry is a ploy. It works great if your general interest is to do Fantasyland and get that stuff out of the way. We still don't understand why PETER PAN FLIGHT has the longest line in the park but oh well, if we get there early we can go on it and not worry about it. HOWEVER, if you want to do early entry so you can get fast passes for the roller coasters, be aware that you should probably pick them up before the general public gets let in. . .lol.

Early entry is a ploy. It works great if your general interest is to do Fantasyland and get that stuff out of the way. We still don't understand why PETER PAN FLIGHT has the longest line in the park but oh well, if we get there early we can go on it and not worry about it. HOWEVER, if you want to do early entry so you can get fast passes for the roller coasters, be aware that you should probably pick them up before the general public gets let in. . .lol.
FWIW, you cannot get FPs during EE. Only after regular park hours begin.

Trey, thanks for pointing that out. That is true. Fastpass machines are not available until the park officially opens. If going during a busy time of year, just make sure to pick up the fastpasses after the normal park opening hours. And be aware that you can only have one fastpass per park at a time - unless it is GRR or RRCTS.

Hugs all.

And be aware that you can only have one fastpass per park at a time - unless it is GRR or RRCTS.
The part about GRR and RR is correct, but the other part is misleading. Yes, you can only get one FP at a time, but you can have as many as you can collect. Once you get your first FP, you can get a second one after 40-120 minutes. It depends on the ride and time of day. After you get your second FP, you will then "have" two if you have not yet used your first FP.

Trey, your information in your DLR for WDW veterans is wonderful, especially the part about fast passes. Do not be intimidated by return times on the fast passes. NO ONE CARED that we were late returning for 3 fastpasses. We went to our hotel and returned 15 minutes AFTER the first of the 3 fastpasses that we held. No problem being let on and we had no waits at any of the rides. It was great to know that DLR is not concerned about the fastpass window closing time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter