General Broker Question regarding Sellers

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by ninjagirl, Mar 8, 2013.

1. ninjagirl

ninjagirl Mouseketeer

Do these brokers ever have serious conversations with sellers about what the market looks like? While I understand some have to ask more because of loans, it's usually not more than what they personally paid for them. I just came across a 100 pt contract at SSR listed for $130 a point. As a broker, I'm pretty sure I'd be like dude get real..... direct from Disney with no resale limitations is only $110.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Would you refuse the listing if the seller chose to ignore your advice?

I don't see much of a win for a broker to give unsolicited pricing advice. Seller will come round when she/he doesn't get any offers.

4. ninjagirl

ninjagirl Mouseketeer

Actually I would because it's quite obvious that the seller lacks the ability to be rational and isn't worth my time persuing. I would value my personal time involved in communicating with the seller, listing the contract etc. It would be better spent with another client that had reasonable expectations.

5. sndral

sndral DIS Veteran

I saw one today where they were asking $120/pt for AKV.