• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gems Pre Trippie for Jan 2010! ***Updated page 5***

Sounds good Gems, just a thought have you hired a compact car before? We usually go for intermediate/full size for a family of 4 plus suitcases. Have you checked that the boot is large enough for your cases?

There have been a few developments since my last post........

I GOT MY ADR for Harley's birthday, :cool1: we chose Chef Mickeys because CP is closed in January for a refurb. I know that everyone will love it here, I got 9.30 on the 16th Jan, which is his actual birthday. I was also pretty pleased with the time as it will give us some time to open pressies etc at the house before we leave.

We deffo cannot change out flights so it looks like we are stuck with a 4 hour connection, bit of a bummer, but I guess we will just have to make sure that we take some xtra bits and bobs for the kids to play with / entertain them while we wait. Immigration took 2 hours last time so hope fully we can just take a slow walk through and maybe enjoy the views from the lounge!

We have received our E Tickets and full address / alarm code etc for the villa so that has all been put into my florida book! :banana:

The time seems to by flying by now and I have started to pack a few bits and bobs in the suitcases, :scared1: My husband thinks I am off my trolley though! ;) I was wondering does anyone else take travel sizes toiletries and then buy larger sizes when they get there? I am thinking of doing this, just to save on the weight when we are going out.

We have booked out car with Alamo, but the price keeps going down so DH keeps cancelling and reooking as they don't charge a fee, I think we have got 3 weeks in a Compact for something like £342 all inclusive now!

I will try and take some updated height pictures this weekend too, as we haven;t had those for a while - we are on the homward straight now so I have been teaching Shelby that she needs to bump her head on the CM's height post! :rotfl: I think she gets it! After watching You Tube she has also decided that she wants to try Test Track! So lets hope it's working eh! :wizard:

Sounds as though you are very organised! I have just finished laminating 30 day countdown charts for the kids and some kind DIsigners have made more some designs so I will be busy this weekend with Family tshirts!

Not long now!!!:banana:

Sounds good Gems, just a thought have you hired a compact car before? We usually go for intermediate/full size for a family of 4 plus suitcases. Have you checked that the boot is large enough for your cases?

I have mentioned this fact to DH, but he said that last year we paid for a compact and they just said pick which car you like from the lot, we chose a nice Avenger which was a grade above what we had paid for.

Also our friends are hiring a car too so if we haven't got enough room in our car we can put some of our bags in their car as it's only the two of them in their car.

Yay not long now. Chef Mickey sounds fab for your DS birthday, I booked Story book princess for DD birthday as CP was closed.:)

Shame about the flights, hopefully the time will go quickly for you.

it's getting sooooo close! I think I need to remember to send the kids a little note from Mickey next week. :)

I have mentioned this fact to DH, but he said that last year we paid for a compact and they just said pick which car you like from the lot, we chose a nice Avenger which was a grade above what we had paid for.

Also our friends are hiring a car too so if we haven't got enough room in our car we can put some of our bags in their car as it's only the two of them in their car.

That's okay then, I know we have been upgraded for free on some occasions in the summer. With you going in January there probably have loads of cars available, just didn't want you to be squashed in a small car, saying that if you do find you are in a compact you could always upgrade if you felt you needed the extra space when you are there.

Yay not long now. Chef Mickey sounds fab for your DS birthday, I booked Story book princess for DD birthday as CP was closed.:)

Shame about the flights, hopefully the time will go quickly for you.

We were going to do CP too, but the kids aren't really that into the Pooh and Tigger chracters, they like them but aren't crazy about them like they are Minnie and Mickey, plus I have never been to the contemporary resort so that will make a nice change :goodvibes

it's getting sooooo close! I think I need to remember to send the kids a little note from Mickey next week. :)

Aww thanks Robin! They would love that! :lovestruc

That's okay then, I know we have been upgraded for free on some occasions in the summer. With you going in January there probably have loads of cars available, just didn't want you to be squashed in a small car, saying that if you do find you are in a compact you could always upgrade if you felt you needed the extra space when you are there.

:goodvibes Thanks! There were lots of cars going spare last time! I am hoping to get a Hummer but I won't hold me breath! :rotfl:

Just read your pre trippie through and wish I was going!

Not long to go now - although I bet you are busy with Christmas now.

We love SW and did the dolphin feed when we were there - can easily spend a few days there too :santa:

Have a great holiday

Just read your pre trippie through and wish I was going!

Not long to go now - although I bet you are busy with Christmas now.

We love SW and did the dolphin feed when we were there - can easily spend a few days there too :santa:

Have a great holiday

:goodvibes
Not long to go now! I am trying to get all the last minute bits and bobs togther now!

I have officially packed everything and the kids are busy choosing which of their toys they want to take for the flight.

Ok so, it seems like I am taking the whole house plus the kitchen sink but honestly it all fits into the three suitcases without any bother at all!

Kids

10 x Tee Shirts Each
1 x Fleece Jumper each
1 x Light rain jacket
11 x shorts between them
2 x long trousers each
1 x hooded towel each
1 x sun hat each
2 x swim suits each
underwear and socks

Me

2 x swim suits
underwear and socks
3 x Cut off trousers
Sun Hat
7 x vest tops
7 x tee shirts
1 x bum bag (making it's annual outing as I wouldn't be seen dead in this at home:rotfl:)

DH - he is travelling light and insisting that we can wash anything that we need to....
6 x tee shirts
6 x underwear and socks
2 x shorts
1 x swim shorts
Plus what he is wearing to travel, I think he is intending on spending his Christmas money on clothes too.

1 x pair of crocs each

Toiletries etc
Toothbrushes and paste
Sun cream in various SPFs
Shampoo and conditioner
Soap and Shower Gel
Face cleanser (I always get really dry skin in Florida)
Deoderant
Baby bath for kids
Nappies and wipes

Travel plug
armband and lilos for pool
Spare fold out bag
Ponchos
US hair straighteners
Phone Charger

Sat Nav

Hand Luggage
Passports, travel documents and car hire info
Ear plugs for on plane
Colour Wonder pens and paper
Book
DS charger and DS
Netbook and charger
Nappies and wipes
Change of clothes for kids
Sippy cups

I think I have got everything :laughing:

great packing list, has given me some idea of what to pack.:) I completely forgot about the plug adapter.

not long to go now.:yay:

That's some list - I agree with your DH about packing a bit lighter - mind you - I always put some in the washer to try and cut down on the packing :)

I would take some warmer clothes for yourself and hubbie. It is a bit cold there at the moment first thing.

Gem in case i don't get on nearer the time of your trip i would like to wish you all a safe flight(and i hope the 4hrs does'nt drag)and a fantastic holiday+hope Harley has a wonderful birthday at Chef Mickey's,we really enjoyed it there :thumbsup2.
I don't see plasters,savlon,calpol etc..on your list-just an idea :goodvibes.x.

I was wondering about a winter coat? are you taking winter coats? I haven't a clue if I will need too.

I was wondering about a winter coat? are you taking winter coats? I haven't a clue if I will need too.

We will be travelling in them so will have them with us anyway!

Gem in case i don't get on nearer the time of your trip i would like to wish you all a safe flight(and i hope the 4hrs does'nt drag)and a fantastic holiday+hope Harley has a wonderful birthday at Chef Mickey's,we really enjoyed it there :thumbsup2.
I don't see plasters,savlon,calpol etc..on your list-just an idea :goodvibes.x.

Thanks hun :hug: Got the calpol etc - just forgot to put it on the list :upsidedow

That's some list - I agree with your DH about packing a bit lighter - mind you - I always put some in the washer to try and cut down on the packing :)

That is me packing light! :lmao:

great packing list, has given me some idea of what to pack.:) I completely forgot about the plug adapter.

not long to go now.:yay:

:banana: I know great isn't it!!!

I would take some warmer clothes for yourself and hubbie. It is a bit cold there at the moment first thing.

I went out on Thursday and bought myself some new cargo trousers that you can roll up to make cut offs when it warms up :)

wanted to read this before reading the trip report, so now im off to reading the real thing yay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter