• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gemmybear83’s Disneyland Paris Fear Free Pre-Trippie Update 18/11/08

gemmybear83

<font color=royalblue>I would blame it all on Bob<
Hello everyone as I now gearing up to the one month deadline for our Disneyland Paris trip I thought it was time I got on with my pre-trip report.....
Cast Members:
Gemma (me, trip planner):
25 (going on 5). This is my fourth trip to Disneyland Paris since it opened. I’ve also been to WDW three times.
Favourite all time Disney rides/shows: DLRP Big Thunder Mountain, MK Wishes, DHS Fantasmic! and AK Expedition Everest
Favourite characters: Chip n Dale, Ariel (The Little Mermaid is my favourite film) and Donald Duck

Henry (my lovely boyfriend):
25, this is Henry’s second trip to Disneyland Paris (first time was with me in 2006), and he has been to WDW three times and Disneyland California once when he was younger.
Favourite all time Disney rides/shows: AK Expedition Everest, DLRP Big Thunder Mountain, DLRP Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and DHS The Movie Ride
Favourite characters: Chip n Dale, Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan and Captain Hook.

I have always been Disney mad, and ever since our Disneyland Paris trip in 2006 I have been a bit Disney crazy! I then found DIS boards, and we spent 15 wonderful days together at WDW in January 2008. After this trip my boyfriend put a Disney ban on us going for 3 years, as he said we would get bored of it and it wouldn’t be so magical.......

However, we both started to miss Disney and I started to remind him about how lovely Disneyland Paris was and how I was disappointed with the Magic Kingdom at WDW as its really not as nice as Paris, and that I had never seen the Christmas decorations etc etc......and then he caved in!
Luckily at this time I got a pay rise from work, and with the extra money we are going for 3 nights/4 days staying at the Sequoia Lodge in a Montana room, and we have booked the half board premium meal vouchers. This is the first we have stayed here, and we picked this one as the last time we went we did a little tour of the hotels (I love doing this) and this one was our firm favourite.

Our Disney plan is a little complicated so here it goes.....
Saturday 29th November – Were flying from Newcastle airport to Heathrow with British Airways at 9:30 am. We wouldn’t usually do this (we live 5 mins away from the train station and it only takes 2.5 hours to get to Kings Cross) but we had some BA vouchers left over from our trip in Jan when BA cancelled our flight home from Orlando, so the flights are only costing £1!!!! We will then get the tube across London (must remember to top up our oyster cards before we go!) to Kings Cross station, and then wander along to the Premier Lodge Euston where are staying for the night. In the afternoon we are planning to go to Madame Tussards (I love it there it’s so much fun!), and then go out to dinner in the evening, and have a few cocktails.

Sunday 30th November- Get up bright an early for our 8:30 direct Disney eurostar. This is the first time we have done the eurostar so I’m very excited! We will hit the parks in the afternoon, and we have a reservation for the Steakhouse at 6:30pm. The Disneyland park is open until 9pm that night so after our meal we will be heading back for a few more rides.

Monday 1 December – Open up my advent calendar (will have to take it with me!), and get an early start breakfast and get for 8am to do EMH! We have lunch booked at 12 in Walts (I want a window seat hence the early lunch!), will then do lots of rides/shows and hopefully watch the Fantallusion parade and enchanted candlebration with something yummy to drink to keep me warm, and then off to Inventions for a character meal to cure my fear of the characters!

Tuesday 2 December – Same as Monday except we have the California Grill booked for dinner at 8pm. I am really looking forward to this meal, it’s going to be our 4th year together anniversary meal too.

Wednesday 3 December- Last day (sob!) check out in the morning and put our cases in lockers at the station, try and get on as much as possible, and then were planning on going to Annettes for lunch. Will probably do some last minute shopping before we catch the TGV at 5:30 to Charles de Galle Airport.

Were then flying back to Newcastle on Easyjet, where we will pick our car up and drive the 30mins journey back home.

Now your thinking, why is Gemma’s trip report called “fear free”, well I have a couple of big fears at Disney and I am determined to conquer them all.......

I am terrified of going on Tower of Terror!!
I am scared of heights you see and when we in Orlando I went on this.....

doom_l009.jpg

doom_005.jpg

doom_l008.jpg

Which is Dr Dooms Free Fall at Universals Islands of Adventure to get over my fear of heights. Well it didn’t work and I had to sit down for 30 minutes afterwards as I felt so shaky! So there was no chance of me going on TOT, so my bf had to go on his own! I really wanted to go on this ride... and I am determined to not chicken out during this trip! (Mind you to even get to the chicken exit would probably be an accomplishment!)

The characters scare me!

Don’t get me wrong I love the characters, and I love watching what they get up to but I’m too nervous to go up to them. I’m determined to get my photo taken with some of my favourites this holiday (it’s so bad that in January I gave up an ADR for Chef Mickeys dinner in WDW!). This is why were not doing any character dining....

There is so much I have not seen or done (I’m have not seen any of the 15th celebrations ), and I can’t wait to try Crush’s Coaster, and all of the restaurants as we have not been to any of those either (I don’t know how we missed them all!) I am really looking forward to see all the Xmas decorations and shows.

Can you tell I’m excited? Sorry this is really long; this is going to be my first trip report so bare with me!

OMG if you managed to ride that Dr Doom thingy :scared1: then TOT will be a cinch, honestly!! Make sure you sit in the back row the first time (it will give you a bit more confidence) and just enjoy the view. I find TOT at WDW quite scary but TOT at DLRP is much smoother and just fun fun fun all the way. :thumbsup2

Lovely restaurant choices there. :goodvibes

OMG if you managed to ride that Dr Doom thingy :scared1: then TOT will be a cinch, honestly!! Make sure you sit in the back row the first time (it will give you a bit more confidence) and just enjoy the view. I find TOT at WDW quite scary but TOT at DLRP is much smoother and just fun fun fun all the way. :thumbsup2

Lovely restaurant choices there. :goodvibes

I hope so I'm going to give it a try - but I don't think I will enjoy the view!:scared1:

Good luck Gemmybear - you can do it :thumbsup2

My ds 16 has developed a fear of heights - so much so that he won't consider flying at the moment - he is also working through it :goodvibes

wow, I feel sick looking at the photo you have posted ... no way would I go on that !!!

Loving your pre-trippie and I have to say your plan for cocktails sounds fab, we stayed in the same Travel lodge just over a week ago and I wish I'd had a few cocktails before hand, it was so noisy !! We also did Eurostar the same way you are and it was amazing, so much quicker than Easyjet from Newcastle. We arrived at the station, had time for a very fast breakfast and then we boarded and were there in no time at all - very impressive !

I'm also loving that you're taking your advent calendar, don't think I saw any chocolate filled ones when we were there.

Good luck on the ToT xx

wow, I feel sick looking at the photo you have posted ... no way would I go on that !!!

Loving your pre-trippie and I have to say your plan for cocktails sounds fab, we stayed in the same Travel lodge just over a week ago and I wish I'd had a few cocktails before hand, it was so noisy !! We also did Eurostar the same way you are and it was amazing, so much quicker than Easyjet from Newcastle. We arrived at the station, had time for a very fast breakfast and then we boarded and were there in no time at all - very impressive !

I'm also loving that you're taking your advent calendar, don't think I saw any chocolate filled ones when we were there.

Good luck on the ToT xx

Ohno I hope its not noisy The Premierinn Euston has really good reviews on tripadvisor! I did stay at a Travelodge the last time and its was really noisy - our room was above the tube line!:sad2: Mid you it only cost £19 for a room so I shouldnt complain but no way was I staying there again!

We where going to do it the same way as you, travel from Newcastle to London, stop over and get eurostar but it worked out cheaper to fly with Easyjet from Newcastle and have a stop over in Paris the night we arrive and travel to Disney the next day we're there same time as you, well we travel on the 1st arrive at Disney on the 2nd till the 6th :goodvibes :goodvibes

We where going to do it the same way as you, travel from Newcastle to London, stop over and get eurostar but it worked out cheaper to fly with Easyjet from Newcastle and have a stop over in Paris the night we arrive and travel to Disney the next day we're there same time as you, well we travel on the 1st arrive at Disney on the 2nd till the 6th :goodvibes :goodvibes

Cool! Yes I had thought of that too but since we had these BA vouchers to use and then run out in Feb I thought we should put them to some use! Where are you staying?

Ohno I hope its not noisy The Premierinn Euston has really good reviews on tripadvisor! I did stay at a Travelodge the last time and its was really noisy - our room was above the tube line!:sad2: Mid you it only cost £19 for a room so I shouldnt complain but no way was I staying there again!

ooh I'm wondering if I'm getting confused, will have to double check with hubby as we were directly above a tube line ... it was a nightmare !!

Great PreTR gemma. :)

Good luck with TOT! You'll be fine as it never drops striaght top to bottm (stops about 3 times on the way down) so you never have a big massive fall in one go.

You'll have a wonderful time either way so don't stress yourself out over doing something if you dont really want to. Even chichken exit would make for a great ToT experience!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great pre-report!

I am sure you'll conquer your fears. Up until last year, I was a right old scaredy cat, I hadn't ridden on any of the rollercoasters at DLRP but then I made a bet with my DH and I ended up going on them all... Now I can't wait to get back back on them again!... (barring SM2 - that was just painful...)

I have only heard good things about TOT - so there is nothing to worry about.... And well, as for the characters .... I think that is a fear I need to also conquer. I get so shy around them... I become so bashful! We shall see what happens this year...:upsidedow

Anyways, I have no doubt that you'll have a great time... :yay:

Just a little update - I have won two of those ebay fastpasses - so lots of rides on big thunder mountain for me and my boyfriend!

Oh and the shareholders club emailed me today to say they are sending me another temp certificate to last until December - I think they must be really busy and worried they will not get my card to me within the 6 weeks deadline (probably all us DISers buying shares!!)

Its getting closer. We got the Ebay FPs for summer and found them great. I love getting off BTM and going round to get on it again

I've now upgraded our half board plus vouchers to premium - so CG is all paid for and were going to Inventions on the Monday evening!:banana:

:cheer2: How much extra on top of that did you have to pay? Think I'm gonna phone them up tomorrow to upgrade ours to Premium as well. I can't remember how much I paid for our HB Plus vouchers now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter