Geez !What would you do ?

DisneyMama409

Mouseketeer
Argh!!!Im so angry! Im all booked up and set for my September Vacay and my return flight ticket price is now skyrocket high. I only use one specific airline so I cant choose another airline...Bottom line it looks like I will eithier have to elongate my trip 3 days...or shorten it one day...What would you do?

I would check other airlines prices. At the rate you would spend to lengthen your trip by 3 days, it will probably cost more than just the return ticket.

Argh!!!Im so angry! Im all booked up and set for my September Vacay and my return flight ticket price is now skyrocket high. I only use one specific airline so I cant choose another airline...Bottom line it looks like I will eithier have to elongate my trip 3 days...or shorten it one day...What would you do?

Why do you only use one airline?

I'm going to move this to our transporation board, as they may have some great tips about airfare.

Why do you only use one airline?

I'm curious as well. Anyway, September is still far enough away that if you aren't willing to look at another airline, I'd wait. Prices change all the time for flights, just keep watching.

Why not alter you stay? Just call the reservation line and change your dates! DW and I have done this many times, once I believe, for the very same reason. September is a fairly slow month for the resorts, so you shouldn't have any problem doing this if your schedule is a bit flexible.

I really cant afford an extra 3 days . I only fly Jet Blue for a number of reasons . I will never fly with another airline . I just checked the prices last night and it was all set but than when I go to book this morning it skyrockets on me. I dont know what Im going to do yet but it looks like I will not be booking today.

Tuesdays are supposed to be good days for booking your flights. Keep checking throughout the day, as prices do change - almost like stock prices!

If you can't afford an extra 3 nights in a hotel, then I guess you'll have to shorten the trip by 1 day.

Why not alter you stay? Just call the reservation line and change your dates! DW and I have done this many times, once I believe, for the very same reason. September is a fairly slow month for the resorts, so you shouldn't have any problem doing this if your schedule is a bit flexible.

I'm going to have to alter something. The way my plans are now is I have 5 nights at POP and 3 nights at Beach club. If I elongate my trip Ill have to drop back down to a value resort and who wants to spend 3 luxurious nights at Beach Club...than go back to a value :confused3 . I think I will drop a night at Beach Club and use the money elsewhere. I guess I can apply it to my cruise ressie for September 2011 ....not my first choice but I guess it can work or I can use it toward the land portion of my next trip.

Have you considered the Swan or Dolphin? I LOVE the Swan, and they often have some great discounted rates. But before you change your resort reservations, nail down the return flight.

Is the price difference really that much that it is cheaper to add three nights (and food, tickets, etc.) than to just book the return flight on the day you want?

Since you aren't willing to fly another airline you have the following choices:

1) Suck it up and pay the fare;
2) Take a night off of your trip (or add three nights - though I don't see how this would save you money);
3) Wait for the fare to drop - and potentially have to pay even more (if the fare increases)

Not sure why you can only use the money you save by dropping a night at the Beach Club at Disney. You are well outside of the 45 day mark - use the money however you want to use it.

I just booked! I dropped a nite off my ressie . Hopefully it all works out atleast this way the kiddos only lose one week in school instead of a week and a half . The prices seem to change every HOUR. I swear I just looked at some of the prices and when I went back to check the prices went up around $40 . Every day BUT the day I planned to leave a day early ! I know that was next so I just hurried up and booked it. This is nuts how they change so quickly. My goal is to get the cheapest fare possible and I did exactly that .

I'm going to have to alter something. The way my plans are now is I have 5 nights at POP and 3 nights at Beach club. If I elongate my trip Ill have to drop back down to a value resort and who wants to spend 3 luxurious nights at Beach Club...than go back to a value :confused3 . I think I will drop a night at Beach Club and use the money elsewhere. I guess I can apply it to my cruise ressie for September 2011 ....not my first choice but I guess it can work or I can use it toward the land portion of my next trip.

Well that is weird because I specifically remember you saying how POP was all you ever needed and could not understand why others choose moderates and deluxe over POP. So I cannot see how going back there would e such torture?

Well that is weird because I specifically remember you saying how POP was all you ever needed and could not understand why others choose moderates and deluxe over POP. So I cannot see how going back there would e such torture?

The OP apparently changed her mind and wants to try the Beach Club! I agree that it would be hard to go from a value resort to a deluxe resort and then back to a value resort on the same trip.

not trying to flame but offering up useful advise.

if you can't afford a couple hundred dollars extra maybe you should not be going on vacation multiple times. You never know what might happen where you will need to spend extra money on a whim. I find that waiting until I am comfortable in finances before going on vacation is much more enjoyable and responsible.

You're staying at the Beach Club and you were worried about $120.00? $40.00x3.
You have a point! The original option of staying 3 more days at a value resort would certainly cost a lot more than a $40 per person increase in airfare.

This board is for transportation issues. It is not a board to discuss budgets or financial matters (or how people choose to run their finances).
Be careful how and what you post. We will not tolerate nasty attitudes here. That goes for every single person....the OP as well as those who respond.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter