Geez Unbelievable! Pop Warner trouble again!

kat3668

Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Driving me nuts i
I just heard on the news that the Dorchester Mass Pop warner team was thrown out of Pop Century for not leaving it on the field. A player and a Rhode Island official were involved in an altercation causing them all to be thrown out. It seems like every year now we hear about unruly kids with no respect for anyone causing trouble during this event. Ugh just irritates me to no end. :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Yah WCVB reported that it was at Pop Century... they got the facts wrong.

Yeah -- they never put the big conventions at POP, just the All-Stars and a moderate . What a shame, though.:sad2: What kind of sportmanship are they getting out of this? I would avoid any large kid gathering, though, since the child to adult ratio is usually below what it should be, and without proper supervision kids get into trouble.

I also wish Disney would re-think their sponsorship of this event, however bottom line it's all about the money. They make a HUGE profit off of this group. I just got back & we did encounter 2 very large groups of cheer girls in the parks, chanting & cheering in unison as they walked around. Part of what I love about AK is the atmosphere & the music in Asia & Africa - hearing 25 teen girls screaming a cheer over that just ruined it for me. And it wasn't a short cheer, this went on & on til we were out of range of each other. I saw no adult with them at all (but they may have just been keeping their distance!)

Another year we encountered this on the steam boat in MK - we were on the middle level hoping to have a nice relaxing ride....well there were 40 Pop Warner girls on the uper level stomping & screaming & carrying on the entire time. Our whole level was complaining but no one did anything, and they were still cheering as they left the attraction. It was really distracting & ruined the ride for us. Someone did tell the CM as we left & he said to go talk to someone in Guest Relations. Well who wants to rush all the way across the park to the entrance at that point?

I wish they had more adult supervision or could act like a normal group of tourists in the parks without having to be a distraction.

I think you are ok for the most part, IF you do not stay at one of the values or the moderate they stay at.

Just back from POP and we honestly did not encounter any issues with Pop Warner Kids or Cheer leaders. Yes, they were there, and yes, occasionally the girls broke out into a unison cheer, but we did not have any on-going boisterousness or intrusions. I did notice that adult supervision seemed non-existent is some cases. If I were a parent sending my child on such a trip, I would expect better supervision. BTW, never waited more than 20 minutes on even the biggest rides and attractions, so I didn't think the groups effected the crowds much. I wouldn't hesitate to go again during this week.

I also wish Disney would re-think their sponsorship of this event, however bottom line it's all about the money. They make a HUGE profit off of this group. I just got back & we did encounter 2 very large groups of cheer girls in the parks, chanting & cheering in unison as they walked around. Part of what I love about AK is the atmosphere & the music in Asia & Africa - hearing 25 teen girls screaming a cheer over that just ruined it for me. And it wasn't a short cheer, this went on & on til we were out of range of each other. I saw no adult with them at all (but they may have just been keeping their distance!)

Another year we encountered this on the steam boat in MK - we were on the middle level hoping to have a nice relaxing ride....well there were 40 Pop Warner girls on the uper level stomping & screaming & carrying on the entire time. Our whole level was complaining but no one did anything, and they were still cheering as they left the attraction. It was really distracting & ruined the ride for us. Someone did tell the CM as we left & he said to go talk to someone in Guest Relations. Well who wants to rush all the way across the park to the entrance at that point?

I wish they had more adult supervision or could act like a normal group of tourists in the parks without having to be a distraction.

that is awful! :sad2: how annoying! this is why we advoid pop warner like the plague. :scared1:

disney really needs to step up and control the situation better, no one should be subject to the hearing those dopey cheers being screamed out. maybe next time muzzles could be offered? ;)

It is sure a big money thing for them - My daughter is a Cheerleader and the whole team has to stay at the resort and has to book through Disney Sports Travel - you have to book a package that contains some add-ons that I personally never buy - like the Park Hopper - I would have saved $$ booking my own room/tickets. We have 70 cheerleader between 2 squads and you average $500 a girl that alone is $35,000 - then you add parents and brother/sisters in the mix

In this mornings Orlando paper there was an article about the great sportsmanship shown by the team that won the championship and how the NFL players could learn from them. Of course no mention of the troubles.

It is sure a big money thing for them - My daughter is a Cheerleader and the whole team has to stay at the resort and has to book through Disney Sports Travel - you have to book a package that contains some add-ons that I personally never buy - like the Park Hopper - I would have saved $$ booking my own room/tickets. We have 70 cheerleader between 2 squads and you average $500 a girl that alone is $35,000 - then you add parents and brother/sisters in the mix[/QUOT

How many days does that $500.00 cover?? That seems really high in price:scared1: !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter