Geen Yight - She's Out of Sight: A Trip of Leaps and Bounds

I'm joining in for the first time! I've read all your trip reports and have loved them all! We'll be in Disney in July around the same time as you I think.

Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

Kristen and Evan

Here I am! :cool1:

Love the intro...palm trees are for hugging!

I noticed the new mug! So cool! Can't wait to get one! :thumbsup2

Brooklynn & Bella do make these TR's so enjoyable...always cute girls!

Miss Kay llikes Disney...so she can't be all that crazy! :rotfl:

By now your family is all together again.
Did you have fun catching up? :)

An old, familiar hello to all of our longtime friends, and a new, glad-you've-joined-us hello to those just coming over or just speaking up. I woke up and went and stirred the beef simmering in the crock-pot, and then I couldn't go back to sleep. I figured I'd write on here for a few minutes, and then I'll try to lay back down.

Trent got in and stayed long enough to take some Dayquil for a cough. Then he was off to Brandon's, because his mom was fixing dinner for the guys. I'm sure they stayed up or are still up playing some kind of video game, talking, and eating. They'll be back here for lunch today.

Jill's bunch got in shortly after Trent had come and gone. (They had already been together, though, because he flew into Huntsville and they picked him up. He drove one of their cars here to have for running around.) It was so good to cuddle up with those two sweet girls again. After Bella went to bed, Brooklynn and I watched Lilo & Stitch as she went off to sleep.

Drew was here, and then he wasn't, and then he was again. His girl 'friend' is in Orlando this week, but she's at Universal seeing Harry Potter. I told Wigd I thought we should get rid of her. ;)

And now, right in the middle of the country springing forward, on to the report.

As I had been packing, another member of the family thought maybe he was going somewhere, too.

IMG_0492.jpg

The plan was for Kay to spend the night here. There was no kind of way we would trust her to be on time on flight morning. She had to say goodbye to her granddaughter who was spending the night at her house. Her youngest son lives with her, and his daughter comes there for a few days each week. She said Brianna (and I don't know if that is the correct spelling of her particular Brianna) was following her around saying, "But Nana, I love the princesses!" and other guilt-inducing types of things. She finally left her house and got here long after we had figured she would, but then again, that's par for the course with her. She got here around midnight, I think, and went right to sleep on the couch.

Morning came very quickly. The girls roused up very well. Bella wakes up happy anyway, but Brooklynn can be a real grumposaurus when she doesn't wake up on her own. She wasn't, though, so that was a good start. :banana:

We arrived at the airport without any drama and got checked in.

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

Going through security was somewhat crazy, as it is with two little ones, bags, laptops, strollers, taking off and gathering up stuff, etc.

Oh, and there was the second Bella decided she liked another line better, so she took off for it. Brooklynn had been holding her hand while we piled stuff on the conveyor belt, but suddenly, Sister was gone!

Jill took off in the direction Brooklynn was looking, leaping the line poles and catching up with Bella when the rows ran out and they both found themselves at the wall. The whole time Jill was leaping, I wasn't worried about her catching Bella, because I knew she was right there and someone would catch her, but I was worried about a plethora of security guards tackling the leaping woman who was suddenly doing the jackrabbit hop up and down in the crowd. That could have slowed down our departure.

Luckily, the security personnel must have either not been paying attention or they saw the blonde streak that the hopping lady was after, because no one tackled Jill, and in a moment, she was back with the wee one.

We finally got through the taking things off, stuffing them in white trays, and then gathering up that comes with flying these days. All packed and shoed up again on the other side, we continued on. The hard part was over.

Thanks to an enabler we know who had told about and shown Disney luggage finds, the girls had a new suitcase with them on this journey.

IMG_0503.jpg

Playtime in the kids' area.

IMG_0506.jpg

Brooklynn shows how old she is.

IMG_0509.jpg

Looking out the window at one of those familiar purple-ish/blue, red, and orange planes.

IMG_0510.jpg

After food and play, there was boarding.

IMG_0513.jpg

Kay and Jill were communicating to the families that we were on board and were shutting down our communication devices.

As long as Bella has paci and Mickey, all is pretty much right in her world.

IMG_0514.jpg

We were up, up, and away for some winter Disney fun!

I always think the clouds are so interesting.

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

I'd love for my students to see clouds from the top.

In about an hour and forty-five minutes, we were in the heavenly land!

I had said something about kissing the tiles way back a long time ago, but I had also decided against that.

The tree hugging thing...
well, I decided that was a bit cleaner than kissing the ground, so with Brooklynn in tow, we went to hug a palm tree. She wasn't sure why we were hugging a palm tree. She just knows we do crazy things, so she didn't question it.

IMG_0523.jpg

As you can see, she wasn't convinced that she should be doing any hugging, though. :laughing:

I'm here, and just in time for your first update! Looking forward to following along, I've spent too much time away from these boards recently and I'm glad to be back :goodvibes

Hurrah! We're heading back to our happy place again! Yippee!! The girls look so sweet and so excited. Love the princess luggage. Very fancy.

How nice that your airport has a play area for kids. That's a great idea!

Isn't there something just so comforting about entering MCO? I may have to hug a palm tree myself! I think I may be as familiar with MCO as I am with my local airport!

Glad you are having a weekend of family time. Enjoy!! :goodvibes

I'm in! Have read along with all of your reports now, and very much looking forward to this one :cool1:

Awww kitty looked so sweet...he just wanted to come along!

Departure morning is excitting!

Love those new suitcases! (I'm thankful she enabled you and in turn I found one aswell. :))

Glad you decided to not kiss the tiles. :laughing:

I'm sure you were so happy to see those palm trees and be in FL again!

Enjoy Sunday with your crew! :goodvibes

Looks pretty cozy to me! Kinda wish I was wrapped up like that right now since it's 8:11am and feels like it's 7:11am and I'm still sleepy!

Cute.

Luckily, the security personnel must have either not been paying attention or they saw the blonde streak that the hopping lady was after, because no one tackled Jill, and in a moment, she was back with the wee one.

Good job, Jill. Maybe we'll see you next year in the hurdles during track and field at the Olympics.

Seth has the same Mickey blanket thingie (not sure what those things are called). He loves it - likes to chew on Mickey's nose!

The girls are such good travelers! Kay cracks me up! hahahahahaaha Brooklynn wants nothing to do with the palm tree!:rotfl:
Way to go Jill....who knew you could hurdle so well??? ;)

I'm here!

Departure morning is so fun! A lot of excitement mixed with a little stress. But it seems to be the perfect combination to make it work without pulling your hair out! :lmao:

I'm in! I've read your TR's in the past and loved them. have been gone from this DIS for pretty much a year - but I'm back! :thumbsup2 We were there from March 2 & 3 and had a great time.

Your girls are adorable! I have 2 of my own around the same age and they are the biggest bundles of energy I have ever seen!

The girls are such good travelers! Kay cracks me up! hahahahahaaha Brooklynn wants nothing to do with the palm tree!:rotfl:
Way to go Jill....who knew you could hurdle so well??? ;)

The girls really do travel well. Brooklynn is very used to the remove all belongings, walk through the scanner, and then she goes and sits on the closest bench and guards all our stuff as we pull it all off the conveyor. Bella, well we are still working on her.

The security sprint was not on my agenda at 6:00 in the morning. I was putting everything on the conveyor and then I heard Brooklynn say "Bella's running!" I looked up did a quick head count - Mom, Kay, Brooklynn, no Bella. Brooklynn said she went that way and pointed across the lines. Bella had a good head start and was moving fast (she is amazingly fast for someone so small.) I just took off. I pushed a man out of the way (I did manage an "Excuse me") and sprinted and leaped my way to her as fast as I could. She was on her way out of security as I snatched her up. It was quite an adventure to start out with!

Only a MeMom and Jill TR would get to page 4 in 18 hours!!! I'm in the crowd! :goodvibes

Hope you have a great day with all your family together!!

Yah!!! The new trip report has started. It was so nice waking up to the first installment this am! Happy Sunday everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter